• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Live Streaming! Watch someone play, info inside

Tabris-

Smash Apprentice
OP, you should mention that Peercast is a must if they want to watch non-laggy streams, that and a decent upload speed (which can't be helped as it depends on your ISP).

One of the main reasons why the streams are lagging is because people will connect without having downloaded and opened peercast. So they'll be leeching from the stream, and if multiple people do this, the person who is streaming the video will not have the upload speed to handle the amount of requested bandwidth and you'll get lag.

I think you should put it in bold. Seriously, it was very annoying in the first few hours after a leak when you'd get a good connection, only for it to lag out because multiple leechers started viewing.

Oh, and some of these streams are upload capped. If you don't upload over a certain speed, you won't be able to connect. That's what happened with the first stream that was put on on 2ch. Someone posted it on 4chan's /v/ and people without peercast just started viewing the livestream. It lagged the stream to kingdom come so the guys at 2ch put on an upload limit to view the game, needless to say, it was quite frustrated and I had to find another stream which fewer people knew about and were watching.

Revak

Smash Apprentice
Okay one last (and I hope final! :chuckle:) update to the original post. Hopefully it answers everyones questions.

TheLetterJ

Smash Cadet
It seems like mine isnt loading. Don't i have to open some port or something? Also do i need the newest winamp?

Revak

Smash Apprentice
It seems like mine isnt loading. Don't i have to open some port or something? Also do i need the newest winamp?
I don't think so on the port. But I do know for a fact dead streams can stay up for a few hours before they are taken down, but it might just be having problems so try again in 10 minutes or so.

veil222

Smash Journeyman
I think someone mentioned ports for it, don't remember though. Unless you're on a college campus it shouldn't make a difference.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
try refreshing the page or left clicking your peer cast logo in the bottom right hand corner of windows. select the top option. that should reopen the stream in windows media player seperatly from your browser.

this only works if youve already attempted to open that stream in an internet browser.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
so wheres the newest stream. I already DLed all this stuff and did it before but im watching the Gfaqs stream and im sure almost everyone there is leeching. Anyway could someone PM the stream link?

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
haha, thats the one on Gfaqs. Im already watching that. Thanks anyway though...

Theres two others that I know of but I think they're playing SSE ATM and they also happen to be n00bs so its really frustrating.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
Quick question: I have peercast. I'm clicking on those links... and the page coming up is blank. Anyone have a way to reverse that?

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
try refreshing the page.
Make sure you have the latest winamp.
dont wry about ports.
use mozilla firefox.
after an unsuccesful attempt to laod the stream, left click the peercast logo in the system tray located in the bottomright corner of your screen on windows.
choose the top option then select play.
windows media player will pop up to play the video. if you get a message from peercast saying channel not found then the user has stopped the stream and your out of luck....whihc has happened now..so no more stream till we find another

Thino

Smash Master
the page must actually be blank , but it also has to open ur (latest) winamp strat connectin and buffering

latest streams :
http://localhost:7144/pls/8D0367D2D593976BB8414FAC5B15E256?tip=118.6.243.7:7144 a guy playing SSE
http://localhost:7144/pls/88BFA45FED3ED7846487870889CBD9A6?tip=59.141.96.97:7144 a guy playing wi-fi with friends i think hes the one YADADADADADADA everyone is talkin about

http://localhost:7144/pls/88115A8A22037041AC4F78D04385DA70?tip=124.155.117.84:7144 another guy playing 1v1 on wi-fi (he got all chars)

http://localhost:7144/pls/396A806FA7F4C4DFC480AFA69268F1AE?tip=211.121.252.27:7144 Its Ricky , seems like he finished SSE by , ive been watching him since 2 days , hes playing wi-fi with friends too

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
Ha I was watching ricky a few days ago. Good stuff. Hes not half bad. I saw him beat most of SSE.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
try refreshing the page.
Make sure you have the latest winamp.
dont wry about ports.
use mozilla firefox.
after an unsuccesful attempt to laod the stream, left click the peercast logo in the system tray located in the bottomright corner of your screen on windows.
choose the top option then select play.
windows media player will pop up to play the video. if you get a message from peercast saying channel not found then the user has stopped the stream and your out of luck....whihc has happened now..so no more stream till we find another
For some stupid reason, I keep clicking play. Nothing happens. The video doesn't load, I just get a blank unencrypted page.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion

Thino

Smash Master
do not click play , it will **** up peercast's buffer , just close winamp , left-click on peercast icon in the tray select a channel u already clicked on, as its japanese those should appear as "?????" and select play ,
if it doesnt , maybe u have a router and didnt open port 7144 or u dontt have winamp latest version

try the link i posted on the previous page , those are working channels right now

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
do not click play , it will **** up peercast's buffer , just close winamp , left-click on peercast icon in the tray select a channel u already clicked on, as its japanese those should appear as "?????" and select play ,
if it doesnt , maybe u have a router and didnt open port 7144 or u dontt have winamp latest version

try the link i posted on the previous page , those are working channels right now
None of em are working still. I forwarded port 7144. I don't know why it's still doing this.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
Just checked NAT too. This is starting to piss me off. My NAT is open. 7144 is forwarded. Why isn't this working.

I mean when I click the link... there's no page... nothing. It's just blankness. When I click play, nothing happens either. The hell?

Thino

Smash Master
the page is supposed to be blank dont worry about it , is winamp ur default player for videos usually? if its not , make it as defauft
it should open a blank page then peercast balloon appearing to look for the channel , then winamp opening ,connectin,then buffering , thats how it should be

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
yeah. ctrl alt del and end real player or any other program that utilized display and graphics drivers. end windows media player process also so they get a chance to restart.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
It loads the blank page, finds the channel, but doesn't play the video. Is it a codec problem?

EDIT: And when I try directly inputting the URL in winamp. It gives me "ERROR SYNCING TO STREAM"

Thino

Smash Master
no dont put the link in winamp, peercast is taking care of this
i dont think it can be a codec problem thove vids are wmv format , but give it a look ,w enever know , you may not have latest wmv codecs
it must be a buffer problem , ur not sharing ur bandwidth with anyone are you?

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
what kind of network are u on?

here are the codes you need (found by right clicking the streaming video-properties)

Video Codec: Windows Media Video 9

Audio Codec: Windows Media Audio 9.2
64 kbps, 44 kHz, stereo (A/V) 1-pass CBR

Mobbin

Smash Apprentice
My Windows media player always opens when I click on these bananas...
Then I get an error message, telling me that WMP couldn't open the file and nothing happens.

How can I watch these in WinAmp? When I select "Open URL" it won't work...

greetz

Thino

Smash Master
winamp must be ur default player so it opens instead of wmp when u enter the URL in ur browser not winamp itself

Revven

FrankerZ
Okay, so I'm running an iMac with Peercast going and everything works good. I had a real good connection last night with one of the streams and now, I can't seem to get that good connection again with every live stream this morning lagging to hell.

Any way I can improve the connection? I've tried messing around with WMP's settings... but, it doesn't seem to do much. Plus, as far as I'm aware, there's no WinAmp for Mac (is there? If there is, let me know).

Thino

Smash Master
PeerCast works like P2P : while you're watching a video you're actually uploading it in the background

the more people watch the stream at the same time , the smoother the video gets , I don't think your iMac got any problem , its just the streams IMO personally this morning I've not been able to watch any stream smoothly during 10 minutes , after that it starts lagging so don't worry

and yea theres one guys with the スマブラ tag that actually play Wind Waker , they do play SSBB in the other streams

Top Bottom