• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac's Jab Priority

Zoramine Fae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8088-7214
Inform me if someone already made something covering this.

Me and Beetlejojo, fellow Smash player and now a good friend of mine, did some testing about an hour ago over Little Mac's Jab and its impressive clashing quality, i.e. Priority. you might have noticed it before where a projectile or a move will just clash with his Jab despite it (the Jab) not being a move with heavy power. And we tested for quite some time.

And we have results.

Mario Luigi Pikachu: Did not do testing with, but Jab automatically clashes with Fireballs and Thunder Jolt.

Samus: Charge Shot at minimum charge will not break through, clashing but still dealing damage, while medium and full charges will not break through. Super Missiles and Homing Missiles clash with it.

Mewtwo: Same problem as Samus; Full charge and medium charge break through, uncharged does not.

Dark Pit: Silver Bow arrows at full charge break through, uncharged do not.

Sheik: Needles ignore the priority. Friggin' Top Tiers.

Cloud: Regular Blade Beam clashes, while Limit Break Blade Beam

Robin: Arcthunder will clash for the first hit, then activate upon hit.

Ryu: True Hadoken clashes. Shakunetsu Hadoken clashes as well.

Roy: Forward Tilt clashes when hitting the tip, but Sourspot ignores priority, Up Tilt also clashes when hitting the tip. Flare Blade will always hit and never clash.

WHAT I HAVE REALIZED AFTER DOING THIS:

- Little Mac's Jab clashes with any attack that deals less than or equal to 10% damage. Samus's Super Missile clashing here is an indiciment of this, as well as some random testing with some tilts for Roy and Mewtwo's Shadow Ball where attacks, despite being the same move, will clash/won't clash depending on damage dealt.

- Certain moves will ignore the high priority, such as Roy's Flare Blade. This is due to how far the attack hits and it will hit Little Macs actual hitbox and not the Jab hitbox.

- Low attacks can NOT be clashed with, and instead they will beat you out (or you both will hit depending on the timing and range of the attack, as well as if your Jab can hit them when they are crouching.)

- Sheik is still a ridiculous character.

Hope this helps some users with choosing a defensive option against defensive, projectile-heavy characters or opponents. Otherwise, not certain how useful this information is.

Also, any move that Straight Lunge armors through, this attack beats out barring ones with high range, like Roy's Flare Blade. Just a tip.

Top Bottom