• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac useless against Bowser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toebex

Smash Cadet
So I've played a few Boswers online recently and there seems to be absolutely nothing you can do about the fire breath. The Jolt Haymaker is useless because you can jump over the initial flame and whenever they stop, they just use it when you get close enough. The counter doesn't work because the second you go to counter attack the flame gets you. What the hell are you supposed to do?

Mode

Smash Cadet
Make him approach. He can't camp you with flames and his flame runs low so take advantage of those opportunities.

SpaceshipYoshi

Smash Rookie
I haven't had any issues with Bowser's fire breath. The range doesn't seem as high as it did in past games, and normally I just side-special over it into his face.

The main thing I've learned about Little Mac is patience. Get in the opponent's face while you can, then back out and be patient for another opening

nyttyn

Smash Cadet
Patience is the key to this matchup, from what limited bowser experience I have. While his flame breath sucks, and his attacks hurt, he's slow(ish), big, fat, and bulky. Abuse that, force him to come to you, break holes in his approaches, smash the hell out of him with your lightning fast attacks, back out, wait for another opening. Also stay the hell away from the edge - last thing you want is for him to bowsercide you.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
uhh yeah this just sounds like "don't approach his fire breath." and if that's what he's doing to punish you then he's an idiot.

only thing I make sure not to really do vs. bowser is jab combo since bowser can actually attack out of it since he doesn't leave the ground.

Toebex

Smash Cadet
Patience is the key to this matchup, from what limited bowser experience I have. While his flame breath sucks, and his attacks hurt, he's slow(ish), big, fat, and bulky. Abuse that, force him to come to you, break holes in his approaches, smash the hell out of him with your lightning fast attacks, back out, wait for another opening. Also stay the hell away from the edge - last thing you want is for him to bowsercide you.
...I am guilty of being bowsercided a few times...

Cheers for the advice guys, patience it is :D

ZRoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4868-5857
I've fought a good Bowser online with Little Mac, and he's not useless in that sense. I had the upper hand and I almost won if I hadn't SD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom