• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac should be banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngusTheMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Lexproco
3DS FC
4871-3301-6748
He's just way too overpowered and people always abuse him on online play. The KO meter mechanic is unbalancing and he has too much speed and power.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
explain further. why is he overpowered? why is KO meter unbalanced?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I want to be able to say I was here in 4 years when the comunity splits over a future lil'mac ban.

There is no reason to ban little mac. He is a typical glass cannon. that frame one nair (I'm guessing) is annoying though.

Spirst

He's not overpowered. He's the perfect example of a double ended sword. People abuse him online because he's appealing character to pick up and play. On a competitive level with edge guarding, and proper spacing, he isn't aa competent.

Ryan50

Smash Cadet
The games too new to start banning characters. Have you tried playing defensively?

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Funny you should post this. I just played 10+ games in For Glory with (what I thought was) a good Little Mac. He was killing me at around 70, but I was killing him around 50. Once you get into the mind set that you can kill him super early with a gimp, he gets easier to deal with. Before you get him to that percentage play patient and punish to get damage.

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
He's just way too overpowered and people always abuse him on online play. The KO meter mechanic is unbalancing and he has too much speed and power.
You're joking right? Little Mac is a lightweight character that is the easiest character to gimp in the history of Smash Bros. His recovery vertically is absolute trash, and his horizontal recovery is very, very easy to counter as you can actually hit him before he even grabs the edge (which is an ailment only he suffers mind you). His aerials aren't at all dangerous, as they either have no damage, no range or both (his Uair and Fair are the only kinda useful aerials).

As for the KO mechanic, the game tells you when he has a KO punch, and simply hitting him once while he has a KO punch makes him lose it. If he does manage to hit you with it, if you're below 50% or so you probably won't even die. Also, the fastest way to get his KO move is to take damage, so its pretty balanced in that he has to take a beating before being able to dish it out

tttt

Smash Cadet
Little Mac is extremely easy to counter. I wait on the edge, grab them, throw them off and then they just fall and die.

He's a pretty fun character to use, too.

sageoflight

Smash Cadet
He's definitely powerful, but his recovery is terrible so he's not really worth banning considering that.

DiamondDust

Prime Time Player
NNID
MaysTheCraze
Eh? He's pretty strong, but how in the world can you ban a character with a recovery like THAT? I'd try gimping more if he's really giving you so much trouble.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
People are just spamming little mac like no tomorrow because of speed, priority and overall ease of use since you can pick him up and start walloping.

But put them in a defensive mentality and it's easy to break them. Mind over matter folks.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yeah, Little Mac isn't ban worthy. He may be powerful but he's nowhere in terms of Meta Knight-level banning. Nowhere near that. I'm locking this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom