• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac not giving the respect he needs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiiDude83

Smash Cadet
NNID
WiiDude83
I've noticed almost immediately after E3, there's been next to no info on anything little mac play wise and barley anyone i've seen has been using him.

As someone who wanted little mac in from the start...this worries me.

I think it might be because we all know of his weakness that no one is trying to go from him. I personally think little mac could easily be one of the most devastating characters in the game, while yes he fails in the air, everything else about him looks to be incredible.

So what do you guys think, do you think little mac isn't getting the attention he deserves?

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Little Mac is for the big boys, they too scared of the weakness it may look bad on paper but trust me if they aren't good enough despite having the advantage they'll get bodied.

i can't wait to get the full game.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Some of the more notable players in the community have been starting to realize that Mac has a bit more potential than the whole get thrown off stage and die thing lol.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Little Mac is up there with characters like Sonic, Link and Megaman where people excess their weakness and ignore their strengths. They except them to be brain dead like Fox/Falco, Falcon and Marth.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Oh cool, Pat's here.
But yeah, Mac definitely deserves a ton of attention.
One of the things I like about Smash 4 is that most of the newcomers have a gimmick.
Aerial Smashes, Ranged A moves, Stat Buffing, etc.
Mac has his ground/aerial juxtaposition, angled Smash attacks, and the KO meter, which really helps make him a new and unique character. The only thing he's missing is the Star Punch.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
It's great that he isn't getting so much attention. The character is solid with a learning curve and requires good reactions and smarts. There won't be an oversaturation in Little Mac players until he wins something big. In the meantime, he'll be underrated and fly under the radar, giving the Mac players an advantage. It's better for us if they know the matchup later rather than sooner.

That doesn't necessarily mean we'll be missing out on fleshing out the character well. There's already a promising amount of players(that are smart and have established themselves in the past) who picked him up. I'm sure we won't be missing out on potential tech with him, as long as we aren't stingy with each other. It's a team effort.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Little Mac is plenty dangerous. I do think there are legitimate concerns that he'll have some polarizing matchups and stages that he might struggle with, but there are so many characters and custom options that there's a good chance that many characters will come across something they have trouble with, so I don't think Mac will be alone in terms of needing a secondary for certain bad matchups. Mac will probably be affected by the stage list more than most, and he should do better with a more conservative stage list so it's easier to ensure he's playing on stages that don't force him to go airborne. Right now people are downplaying Little Mac because of his weaknesses, but a skilled Mac player who can properly leverage his strengths can do some real damage.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I feel the same way which is unusual seeing as how he was was a highly requested character for the game. I think that because of his poor air play, people see that as a huge disadvantage and decide not to play as him. He's just another one of those characters that you need certain rules for in order to make the most out of them. In Mac's case, jump less and stay away as far from the edges as possible.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If Little Mac isn't getting the "respect he needs" then he wouldn't have been such a highly requested character from the start. Sure his air game fails miserably compared to the rest of the characters in the game but he could very well be the most devastating fighter in the game...if used correctly that is. For those who plan to play as the Mac, like myself, then the best thing to do is to stay on the ground as best as possible and stay away from the edges. Do those and you'll be fighting like a real boxing champ. And when it comes to the 1-hit K.O. Uppercut, only unleash it on someone with the highest damage percentage and that person will certainly be flying right out of the ring.

Flindigo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1075-0735-7198
Yeah, people are mostly ignoring him and going for the baby characters that are too easy such as Robin and Shulk. Little Mac is for players who are actually, you know, good.

shogungari

Smash Apprentice
Little Mac is for the big boys, they too scared of the weakness it may look bad on paper but trust me if they aren't good enough despite having the advantage they'll get bodied.

i can't wait to get the full game.
Hah, weakness? He does that on purpose to give other characters a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom