• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little mac Maybe a Laughing Stock, But He is not a bad character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchman77

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5284-1905-2884
Remember when everyone was posting little mac getting REKT videos? or people always ****ting on mac? (they still are) It makes me sad.. this was a really hyped character. He is not bad.I don't know why ppl have STILL not learned to use the character... He is slept on, REALLY GOOD frame data, and powerful moves... yes he has poor air game, but people don't understand that he is a punisher... just like in punch out. Not everyone is a "fg mac" honestly it makes me sad that ignorant people say that Everyone's a fg mac or OMG little mac is OP BAN HIM FROM TOURNAMENT! I'll tell you something... I went to my second tourney with mac, I thought i was not going to do well... but i pulled though and made it to losers semis after getting beat by a luigi in winners R2. Taking 17th place out of 33. I even two stocked a dedede at 170% The point is... Little mac is slept on by the community. He is a underdog. To my fellow mac mains, I Respect you.

mitchman77

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5284-1905-2884
guys, tell me how you feel about how the fans portray little mac. i'm curious.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Little Mac can be a "good" character, no doubt, but the majority of people use him incorrectly and rely on an array of poorly thought out and executed smash attacks. I have viewed various tournaments including some excelled Little Mac players, and they certainly have put a lot of time into this character, but nonetheless his cringeworthy air game makes him somewhat inviable in my opinion. Sure, he is a great punisher, but most people catch on to what Little Macs tend to do and how they do it. Therefor, high-skilled players have an easy time taking out Mac because they know a simple grab near ledge and a well thought out aerial will take him out quickly.

AGreatProcrastinator

Smash Apprentice
I kind of like the way Little Mac is perceived by the community since it's kind of in line with how it is in Punch Out. Nothing more satisfying than two stocking some cocky ledge-camper, especially when it ends with a broken shield and a fully charged Straight Lunge.

LittleMissEevee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FoxieKyu
3DS FC
3711-8557-9264
Switch FC
SW-5003-6584-4623
Remember when everyone was posting little mac getting REKT videos? or people always ****ting on mac? (they still are) It makes me sad.. this was a really hyped character. He is not bad.I don't know why ppl have STILL not learned to use the character... He is slept on, REALLY GOOD frame data, and powerful moves... yes he has poor air game, but people don't understand that he is a punisher... just like in punch out. Not everyone is a "fg mac" honestly it makes me sad that ignorant people say that Everyone's a fg mac or OMG little mac is OP BAN HIM FROM TOURNAMENT! I'll tell you something... I went to my second tourney with mac, I thought i was not going to do well... but i pulled though and made it to losers semis after getting beat by a luigi in winners R2. Taking 17th place out of 33. I even two stocked a dedede at 170% The point is... Little mac is slept on by the community. He is a underdog. To my fellow mac mains, I Respect you.
As a ganondorf main I dabble in little mac and on fg everyone expects me to approach like a fool, instead of approaching I just move slowly until they get impatient and when that happens they kind of screw up https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GOimZ2P5Vr4

EDIT: I had a bad input when I flew off, I was trying to do a uspecial

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom