• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac D-tilt string length

Splash Damage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Grab_N_Go
Been labbing for a bit to determine the exact amount of times it can string into itself on each character for reference. Had this list for a while, figured I'd share it.
"x, Can stretch y"= By just mashing D-tilt, you can combo x, but by waiting a few frames, you can combo up to y
Mario-2
Luigi-1 close/far, 2 mid range
Peach-1
Bowser-2
Yoshi-1
Rosa-1
Bowser Jr-2
Wario-2
DK-1
Diddy-2
G&W-2 close, 1 mid/far
Mac-1
Link-2 close,1 far(2nd hit often phantoms far)
Zelda-1
Shiek-3, true combos into F-tilt
Ganon-1, can stretch 2 if you wait a few frames
Toon Link-1
Samus-1
ZSS-2
Pit/D.Pit-2
Marth-1
Ike-2 close/mid, 1 far
Robin/Reflet-1
Duck Hunt-1
Kirby-1
Dedede-1
Meta Knight-2, can stretch 3
Fox-4, can be followed up by a boost grab
Falco-2, can stretch 3
Pikachu-2
Charizard-2
Lucario-2
Jiggs-1
Greninja-4, combos into boost grab
ROB-2
Ness-2 close, 1 far
C.Falcon-3
Villager-1
Olimar-1
WFT-2 mid range, 1 far/close
Shulk-2 close/mid, 1 far
Shulk(Jump)-2
Shulk(Shield)-4, 5th phantoms(none true combo)
Shulk(Buster)-1, can stretch 2
Shulk(Smash)-1
Pac Man-1
Megaman-3 close, 2 mid/far
Sonic-2
Mewtwo-2
Lucas-2
Roy-2, can stretch 3
Ryu-2, can stretch 3

Ill likely extend this list in the future by figuring out every followup he can do for every character after the max Dtilts, but for now this is all I've made.

Last edited:

Dr. Bran

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2062-9647-8749
Nice! I was just about to do some lab work to find out what can follow up d-tilt, and this is helpful! Now I've got to learn some strings that work on Rosalina...

Splash Damage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Grab_N_Go
No, though DI>Shield would only select a very small portion of characters while Crouch Cancelling will almost never be a factor, as Dtilt is unreactable&almost no one goes for those in smash 4.

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
No, though DI>Shield would only select a very small portion of characters while Crouch Cancelling will almost never be a factor, as Dtilt is unreactable&almost no one goes for those in smash 4.
yeah i get that, but there are certain matchups like fox or sheik, usually the tougher ones in tourney because the opponents are more skilled, where if they DI/hold down and shield i feel like they can powershield the dtilt string and punish. i was just wondering if i wasn't buffering properly or something. johns: i don't have a good partner to practice with.

Splash Damage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Grab_N_Go
Just did some testing:Only one that can DI down&shield is Fox, and only at 0%. Shiek and Greninja, the next most likely candidates, can't escape by DI down+shield, especially w/rage. Maybe with move staling?

Either way, probably gonna make a new grand Mac Down Tilt thread with all the info I can compile about Dtilt and its combos, like when Dtilt>side B starts being safe against all characters, when Dtilt>Up B starts killing on all characters/BF, SV, & FD, things like that. When I do I'll link it and close this one.

Top Bottom