• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lists of All True Combos In Brawl *Discontinued*

Umpadumpalump

Smash Apprentice
I don't know all the details, but jigglypuff's bair to ftilt has worked for me constantly at lower percentages. The only time it fails is when the opponent gets knocked to far for me to hit them with ftilt.

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
With Captain Falcon:

Stomp > Utilt. Works on Wolf starting at 60%. Don't have time to post the rest of the percentages for the other characters that it works on.

That's the Seph Combo thank you very much.

Tenki

Smash Hero
on a note of triviality and a bit of frustration,

Sonic's U-air is 2 hits.

I've airdodged the 2nd hit.

all your combos are belong to us

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if this was said/debunked yet:

DeDeDe
Bair (24?% - ??%)
> bair

Bair (trip)
> (jump) dair
> bair
> (probably others)

Dair (full jump)
> (jump) nair
> (jump) bair
>> bair
> (jump) uair

The dair > whatever can be escaped by DI.

Hype

Smash Lord
I know it says no chainthrows, but what about release grab combos. eg. When Dedede grabs Wario (has to be a running grab, I don't know why) if he doesn't hit him he just holds him untill he gets out it combos into an Usmash.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Sorry it's been such a long time. I've got one week of vacation left with my family, and then I'll be able to devote time to this.

sonic 12111

Smash Journeyman
heeeeeeey.......-_-' gaw isnt on that list is it cuz he has no real combos or "is combos are so long u cant put it" oh!

Wertilq

Smash Rookie
Is Ikes DownThrow to Aether a combo? It's VERY easy to DI out of if it is one thought...

Ace55

Smash Lord
Wario:

SH Dair, double jump, Dair (works on bigger characters and fast fallers).

SH Dair, double jump Dair to Uair (registers as a true combo against Wolf, but doesn't work on Bowser, havn't tested it on anybody else).

Bite to boost smash (dash attack cancel, whatever you wanna call it) seems to be unescapable for almost everyone at low percent.

Note: Double jumping with Wario after Dair (or Fair) is tricky but possible.

James177

Smash Rookie
You can combo GaW's standard b attack to a dash attack or grab, if you chose grab then you can d throw to d tilt, not sure about percentages.

It has a limited distance though, but the combo is guranteed when you're running to them and the sausage hits.

Krayn

Smash Apprentice
I think you should add the constant tripping as a combo for diddy. If you have your banans properly spaced and you time it correctly, you can keep tripping him with ur bannas till the edge. AlphaZealot found this.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Recently discovered Sonic combo that is a slight variation of an existing one but instead leads into a jablock:
side-b hop (hit)->footstool->up-b (spring hit)->dair (no hit)-> jab lock -> smash/any attack that's not a grab. You might potentially be able to extend this into even more comboing, but that's pretty untapped as of now.

I haven't personally tested it, but I've been told that a floaty character with good DI might possibly escape the spring hit. However, after the spring hit the combo becomes inescapable.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
A few things with Samus:

Zair > grab in some situations seems to be unavoidable. If you zair someone at close range it appears that they just get grabbed, although I do admit it might be possible that there is a small window of opportunity to escape it. However, Zair to grab, when the zair hits a short hopped opponent, does lead into a guaranteed grab if they land, cause the stun + the fact that upon landing you have a period of vulnerability.

Uncharged shot + grab/ftilt/jabs/dash attack/etc

Another odd setup, but the stun from the uncharged shot definitely leads into a guaranteed hit under the right circumstances.

Overswarm also keeps talking about setups involving the fair being unavoidable, but honestly I haven't gotten this off enough times to say whether or not it is guaranteed, but I do trust his judgement.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Kirby was added this time. I'll try to do one character a day. Once that's done, I'll go through and try to find all the grab combos, and then I'll finally look back on the suggested combos.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Marth

Fair > Uair > Utilt >Bair

If Fair hits, Uair and Utilt are inescapable at low percentages. Im not sure the exact percentages however. Its like 0-12% or so on space animals. The heavier the opponent the wider window you have. The bair is air dodgable, however most people wont be able to react in time.

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
Lucario

This combo works best at 0% and works on every character, adjustment is needed for the lighter characters.

u-tilt u-tilt u-tilt fair fair nair FP CGx3 fair fair dair or (aura sphere) depends on if you have one charged. I love counter lolz.

Griffard

Smash Ace
for Ganondorf, you could add that D-air is a follow up to D-air, although it IS escapable with DI for some.
Also, after B-air (A) you can follow up with F-smash, F-tilt, or probably jab

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I have some for Yoshi:

This is an escapable with DI one:

U-air (30-40%):
> U-air
>> U-air
>> N-air

It's three hits, but it's escapable.

However, here is an INecapable one:

B-air(L) (0-90ish%):
> Up-smash
> Down-smash
> f-tilt
> u-tilt
> n-air

I'm pretty sure that this is inescapable. But here's the catch: If the opponent's percentage is low enough you can still continue comboing! =O

Actually, let me dive a little deeper...

B-air (L) (0-20%):
> f-tilt:
>> Up-smash
>> u-tilt

*gasp* A three hit inescapable combo with Yoshi? Absurd! =P

Try testing it.

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I was messing around in training mode today and found an inescapable combo for Snake. Works on 21/39 characters.

uair (land) (0%- ~8%)
> Jab x2

Jab x3 can be landed guaranteed on some characters as well, but it's only about 10 characters or so >_>

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
Oh, right. Ike can dthrow --> ^B until around 50%. Escapable with DI; you can airdodge if you don't DI, but it still hits from the hitbox still being there.

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
ZSS: Neutral-B and D-Smash combo into every move she has.
Up-B > U-Tilt
D-Throw > Uair
Up-B > Uair / Bair (air)(high%)

Not sure about percents or whether they're escapable, but in training mode, they come up as combos.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
I'd say its pretty safe to assume,A lone Ice Climber cant do anything other than hit and run.

I hart this thread <3

Also,Sheik has several tilt combos.

Ineluki

Smash Rookie
I've been testing the Peach true combos and I've found out that Dtilt > UpTilt isn't a true combo; if you go to training mode with a level 9 CPU you'll see that the CPU can actually dodge the UpTilt.
I'm testing combos with the weak Fair, I've discovered that you can chain the weak Ftilt into a turnip throw ( if you glide toss then you'll be able to grab after the throw ) I haven't get the timing though.
One possible combo ( not true combo ) that I'm working for is the following.
pull turnip > short hop > throw the turnip down > weak Fair ( to catch the turnip and hit the opponent ) > glide tossed trhow > grab.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm looking at the consecutive hits meter to see if it's a real combo or not.
I also forgot to mention that I discovered that you can weakFair > sideTilt, however I can't still get the timing for this weakFair ( I find it very hard ) but I managed to land a succesfull wFair > side Tilt on a 75% marth.

Meta Ryu

Smash Apprentice
Out admist the icy plains of north america
Might I try to add one? I've worked with Meta Knight for a long time now and after discovering that you can actually do a sortof "free hit" after short hopping with a U-air or D-air and then doing another aerial move, I created this combo I have been working on.

Ryu - Combo

(I prefer dashing, not sure if it actually effects the momentum substantialy)
dash >short hop > D-air>immediately F-air>hit ground, Short hop, D-air repeat

you see what it turns out to look like (and note this has mostly been used by myself on final setination or other maps with flat areas) is you charge the oppoent and should they shield or get hit by it you can with timing ,fast hands, and skill, repeatedly do this combo for 3-5 times consistently.

First you do a short hop, then hit them with the D-air, then because of how you are situated in the air with Meta Knight your f-air comes out half way between the apex of the short hop and the ground, only doing the first blow of three of the f-air. it's like a little poke after your D-air, and then when you land no lag at all. The oppoent s still in hit stun at this time so you are free to do it again should you be quick enough. It's still in testing so there may actually be better ways to start it off (such as a f-tilt or D-tilt into trip and then use it) but as it stands now it does work.

Also the more hits you do happen to get off the faster it becomes, less lag on your part because of less damage and diminsihing returns and all that. I've also pulled off a less version withjust D-air and short hops but I thought using the f-air's potnetial made it better as they had less of a chance to escape.

Just thought I'd give my two cents to this thread ^^y

Sino

Smash Journeyman
you can also continu this move between like 1-16% to SHDair>Fair>Uair>Uair>....>Tornado. Also instead of Uair you can use Usmash/Utilt/SHTornado and others

Meta Ryu

Smash Apprentice
Out admist the icy plains of north america
yes that and many other things could be comboed into it I see now. I merely used it as an opening sequnce to get them into such a state. But n ow that I think about it, it could true combo into alot of things possibly

Edit - after just reading a compendium on C-stick attacks set to smash, I would like to note I often use the C-stick for my aerials, and according to this guide (located on smash world forums as the general guide to C-sticking) apparently after doing a D-air at the peak of your jump (or short hop in my case) you actually fall faster then normal. This may or may not be crucial to pulling off this combo, but like I said I use the c-stick 90% of the time for my aerials.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Ryu nothing you are saying is new. This thread is discontinued for a reason.

Combo's in brawl are mainly mental. Not guarenteed.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Thanks for answering your own question.

Sure it's an important thread. Though if you're trying to learn stuff about your main or other characters just head to the character boards, and youtube.

Top Bottom