• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of Notable Players at Respective Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floppeh

Smash Cadet
NNID
FloppehFeesh
UPDATE 3/19/15 9:10 EST - This list needs some cleaning up in some sections. Please respond to the following form:

http://goo.gl/forms/gsXYBn3oTk

UPDATE 3/12/15 1:50 AM EST - This list is now organized in a Google Sheet. The spaces under the players' names on the character pages are reserved for videos. This will be updated in the future, it is basically a template for now and not always updated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C1d6-335KOUuyFoFaC8cSDUsh-FtWGbuuJis65AhWs0/edit?usp=sharing

Inspired by @Man of Ham thread on Melee characters and @ Blue Ninjakoopa Blue Ninjakoopa 's thread on Brawl characters. This is a list of every character and the character's best and notable players. Of course, this is very early for Smash 4 but I'm hoping to update this constantly, plus it could be very interesting to look back on the history of this thread. This list is in no way official. Currently there is nothing differentiating the best and notable players, rather they are all just notable and are in no particular order.

I do need your guys' help though. I need to know who you guys believe to deserve a spot in the list. Please make suggestions, a lot of mine are probably wrong to start!

This thread is a work in progress and will always be updated if needed.
* = I need, or don't have, more/enough tournament results, videos, etc. for this player.

:4bowser: Bowser
Calm Animal*, Oco Le Troof*, drn, Kent*, MrEh*, Cassius*

:4bowserjr: Bowser Jr.
Tweek

:4falcon: Captain Falcon
Max Ketchum, False, Fatality, Tearbear, Acid, SilentSpectre

:4charizard: Charizard
Bloodcross, Trela*

:4darkpit: Dark Pit
Nairo, Blacktwins

:4diddy: Diddy Kong
ZeRo, Mew2King, Ally, Jtails, Tyrant, Zinoto, Sean, Player-1, RAIN, Lycan, CYVE, Xzax, Keitaro, Logic, Denti, GDX, Chris Fisch, Stingers, Fliphopper, Junebug

:4dk: Donkey Kong
DKWill

:4drmario: Dr. Mario
Rice, Lycan

:4duckhunt: Duck Hunt Dog
MVD, Guy*, Dunnobro, Brood, FOW

:4falco: Falco
GimR

:4fox: Fox
Larry Lurr, Megafox, Yui*, NAKAT, SK92, Snowball Bob

:4ganondorf: Ganondorf
Gungnir, Ray_Kalm, Vermanubis, Pon*

:4greninja: Greninja
aMSa

:4myfriends: Ike
Ryo, San*

:4jigglypuff: Jigglypuff
TheReflexWonder

:4dedede: King Dedede
Cook*, JDAWG*, Big-D*, slavoslav, Vex*, Pump Magic*, Lycan

:4kirby: Kirby
MikeKirby, Markus, Triple R*

:4link: Link
Izaw, KirinBlaze*, Scizor*

:4littlemac: Little Mac
Espy*, MVD, Alphicans*

:4lucario: Lucario
Junebug*, Kami*, Gomamugitya*, Croi*

:4lucina: Lucina
BrolyLegs*

:4luigi: Luigi
Boss, Mr. ConCon, False, J.Miller, Poke, Dakpo*, LOE1

:4mario: Mario
Ally, Anti, Zenyou, Xzax, Rice, Tearbear

:4marth: Marth
Mr. E, Rice

:4megaman: Mega Man
Zucco, daiki*, NinjaLink, Scatt

:4metaknight: Meta Knight
Ito, Katakiri*, S2H*

:4miibrawl: Mii Fighter
Dapuffster

:4miigun: Mii Gunner
San*

:4miisword: Mii Swordsman
Trela

:4gaw: Mr. Game & Watch
Regishikimi, Paper, GimR

:4ness: Ness
FOW, NAKAT, Awestin, Fsann*, Shaky*, DSS, Waael

:4olimar: Olimar
Myran, Dabuz, Im Hip, Rich Brown, Logic

:4palutena: Palutena
AeroLink, Trevonte, Ryo, Iceninja

:4pacman: Pac-Man
Abadango, Koolaid*

:4peach: Peach
Dark.Pch, Slayerz*, Kie, Aku*, Pink Fresh

:4pikachu: Pikachu
Esam (retired), NAKAT, Shaky*, Nitro*, Shimitake, Z*, Captain L*, Lean*

:4pit: Pit
Nairo, Earth, Pink Fresh, Kiraflax

:4rob: R.O.B.
8bitman, OCEAN, Phi-Zakura, Mister Eric, Gyo, Raffi, Chibo, Vinnie

:4robinm: Robin
Nairo, Trela*, Raziek*, Xzax*

:rosalina: Rosalina and Luma
Dabuz, Xaltis, Falln, Aphro*, Red X*

:4samus: Samus
ChoZoX, Xyro77

:4sheik: Sheik
Mr. R, Nietono, False, Zex, Vinnie, Shu*, Edge, k9, Master Raven, Dillon, Wizzrobe, DKWill

:4shulk: Shulk
9B, Badada, Jerm*, Silentdoom*

:4sonic: Sonic
6WX, Seagull Joe, Espy*, Phoenix, StaticManny, Komorikiri*, Meekspeedy

:4tlink: Toon Link
Manzoku*, Jash*, Yackabean, Zan, Hyuga*

:4villager: Villager
MJG, Zee*, Ranai, vyq*, Salem, BaNdt*, BC, Player-1

:4wario: Wario
Abadango, Wafty*, TheReflexWonder, C4*, Jeepy Sol, Magik, GDX

:4wiifit: Wii Fit Trainer
John Numbers, TKBreezy, Anti*

:4yoshi: Yoshi
Raptor, Poltergust*, Dr. Robotnik*, YelloRello, Yoshidora*, Aiba*, Slice, Lee Puff

:4zelda: Zelda
Nairo, Ven, Ed

:4zss: Zero Suit Samus
Choco, Nairo, Nick Riddle, Dakpo*, Leon, TeeVee*, V115*, VaBengal

Last edited:

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Nice list, but it's waaay too early for threads like these. And even if it wasn't early, these threads are extremely controversial. Some things to note:

-Rice is currently the best Dr. Mario, Earth has the best Pit, Pon and Gungnir are tied for best Ganondorfs, ChozoX is the best Samus Yui has the best Fox, Regishikimi is the best G&W, and Nairo probably has the best Zelda. But things can change, these characters' metagames need to develop more, as do the metagames of the rest of the cast.
-*Ryo, not Ryu. Lol.
-*Tweek

Floppeh

Smash Cadet
NNID
FloppehFeesh
Nice list, but it's waaay too early for threads like these. And even if it wasn't early, these threads are extremely controversial. Some things to note:

-Rice is currently the best Dr. Mario, Earth has the best Pit, Pon and Gungnir are tied for best Ganondorfs, ChozoX is the best Samus Yui has the best Fox, Regishikimi is the best G&W, and Nairo probably has the best Zelda. But things can change, these characters' metagames need to develop more, as do the metagames of the rest of the cast.
-*Ryo, not Ryu. Lol.
-*Tweek
Thanks, I will update it as soon as it will let me. I know that it is really early for this thread, but I plan on updating it often, plus it could be interesting seeing what it looks like now versus what it will look like in a few months etc.

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
I don't think you should list "best" as a category because that opens up a can of thirst worms unless you're using a more objective criteria such as placings. If you are then I think you may have to do a lot of digging around.

Breezy probably isn't the best :4wiifit: by a longshot. He'd go under notable if anything.

For :4lucina:, BrolyLegs deserves a mention for notable player.

A notable :4samus: would be ChoZoX. As far as I know he's been the highest placing Samus at a regional. He placed top 8 at Paragon 2015.

:4ganondorf: Two Japanese players are held in high regards one is called Gungnir and I can't recall the names of the others.

:4robinm: Trela places pretty well if I'm not mistaken but in any case he's definitely a notable player.

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Zee should actually be the current best Villager player. That guys play style is crazy good.

Floppeh

Smash Cadet
NNID
FloppehFeesh
Thanks for the responses. Again, I'd like to apologize for the messed up formatting on the main post. Smashboards is being buggy and I will update it as soon as I can.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Well... this is actually a thread I've been meaning to make when the metagame is a lot more developed in the future. I'm quite unsure of the usefulness of this list at this time.

Besides that, I'm willing to give you some suggestions to add on / improve this list if you want.

Spirst

@ Floppeh Floppeh The issue is that there's way too much formatting in the OP and I think you cluttered it up too much. If you want to get back in and edit the post, go to your account preferences and disable the rich text editor checkbox.

Also, seeing as how you have ownership of the second post, I recommend you split the OP into those two parts.

Last edited:

Raunchy25

Smash Rookie
I'm thinking Nietono would qualify as a notable Sheik main.

Last edited:

Floppeh

Smash Cadet
NNID
FloppehFeesh
@ Floppeh Floppeh The issue is that there's way too much formatting in the OP and I think you cluttered it up too much. If you want to get back in and edit the post, go to your account preferences and disable the rich text editor checkbox.

Also, seeing as how you have ownership of the second post, I recommend you split the OP into those two parts.
Thank you!

The thread has been updated and the formatting has been fixed. I might make it look a bit better later on but this is fine for now. I also added some suggested players.

I can sleep easier now knowing that the thread is fixed. :p

Nairo

Banned via Administration

-*Ryo, not Ryu. Lol.
-*Tweek
How does Earth do in Japan? I dont hear much about him kinda curious (Edit: Nice to see that he still plays!)

Last edited:

[Astral]

Smash Rookie
NNID
nadess
I will put False in the best or notable Luigi .

And i find False's falcon better than Max ketchum !

False is godlike ! He won against Max ketchum in a tounament !( Falcon's ditto )

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
San should be in there for Ike

Probably for Mii Gunner as well. As that's the only person I'm aware of that likes Mii Gunner and is a high/top level player.....

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
I think Raptor is currently the best Yoshi. Some notable ones are definitely Poltergust and Sky. Dr. Robotnik is a pretty decent one too.

Xaltis would probably be a notable Rosalina, and Dabuz is DEFINITELY a notable Olimar. Also, NinjaLink for notable Mega Man...?

Diamond DHD

Smash Journeyman
J.Miller is definitely a notable Luigi
Ally should be a notable Diddy Kong
NAKAT is best Ness, and a notable Fox
Guy is a notable DHD
Myran is best Olimar

Last edited:

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Floppeh

Smash Cadet
NNID
FloppehFeesh
Alright! The thread has been updated. Still needs a lot of cleaning up, though.

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
Nakat probably qualifies as notable for :4ness:, possibly even best. Fsann too.

False should be notable for :4sheik: and :4luigi:

9B is probably the best :4shulk:, and I think Trela plays him too

Kie is up there for the best :4peach:

Chibo needs to be there for :4rob:

Dabuz might be the best :4olimar:

While ESAM might be the best :4pikachu:, he's retired so I don't think he'd count.

Keitaro might be the best :4falco:, but he doesn't main him and rarely uses him. I can't think of anyone else who even uses Falco though

Sky might be a notable :4yoshi:, as we haven't seen much of yoshi at all

Last edited:

Jeronado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jeronado
3DS FC
0920-1020-8081
- I think that False should be under notable Sheik players
- I also second putting False under Captain Falcon players as well.
- Put NAKAT under notable Pikachu players
- Put Katakiri under Meta Knight players. He's the best Meta Knight I've seen so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGMlzUjP98s

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Instead of a "best" players list, could a list of notable players for each character work better? No matter how old the game is, people can improve or get worse over time.

Anyway, Ryuga for Ike, Zex for Sheik, and as for Falco, GimR, kato, Larry Lurr, @pawclaw, and @zCyRo come to mind. The only one notable is GimR because he has a lot of footage as Falco. I'd also argue that Falco doesn't even have a best player as of now since most people seem to be within the same level.

Edit: Yoshidora for Yoshi and Pink Fresh for Peach and Pit.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Tyrant, Itol, S2H and Katakiri for :4metaknight:

Don't know who's the best though. Itol and Tyrant usually go Diddy for the most part so...yeah.

Triple R is also a notable kirby main.

Last edited:

[Astral]

Smash Rookie
NNID
nadess
- I think that False should be under notable Sheik players
- I also second putting False under Captain Falcon players as well.
-
See ? False captain falcon as best / notable ( cuz he pwned your max ketchum so easily )
And notable Sheik , best luigi .
False was 13th at Apex . ( where is max ketchum and Boss ??? )

Last edited:

Floppeh

Smash Cadet
NNID
FloppehFeesh
Instead of a "best" players list, could a list of notable players for each character work better? No matter how old the game is, people can improve or get worse over time.
Yeah, I will do this when I can.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Anti plays Wii Fit Trainer, right? Or did he play Shulk? I know Ally plays Shulk... Confuzzles.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
[collapse="imo"]Diddy
Best: Zero, RAIN
Notable: Edge, M2K

Sonic
Best: 6wx
Notable: octo, Espy

Yoshi
Best: Aiba
Notable: Yoshidora, Slice

Villager
Best: Ranai
Notabe: vyq

Fox
Notable: Larry Lurr, Megafox, NAKAT

MegaMan
Notable: daiki, Zucco, NinjaLink

ZSS
Best: Choco
Notable: Nairo[/collapse]

:059:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Looks solid from what little I know so far, but I'm going to put in another vote for switching away from "Best/Notable" and just putting everyone under "Notable"

Saturn_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Saturn.1000
Every tier list for Smashers and for characters is irrelevant until after EVO in my opinion...but I still love threads like this and read every single listing.

I also think that if this list is essentially tournament results expressed in a different form, it is highly worthwhile.

Floppeh

Smash Cadet
NNID
FloppehFeesh
Everyone is now under "notable." In the future the "best" list may come back when we can more accurately decide who truly is the "best." : )

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
It'd be cool to take the list of notable players and put a set with them playing those characters. It would work as sort of work as a database for players to see the best matches of various players of each character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom