• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Also, does anybody know what two unlockable songs he bought at 20:44 of this video?
The one on the left is Fruit Basket from Megamix.
I believe the one on the right is the Donkey Kong Country Returns theme.

Hopefully someone who can actually read Japanese can corroborate that for me haha

I'm pretty sure its the Garden of Hope remix from Olimar's trailer. I took a listen and I think I matched a part of the song in the gameplay with a part of the real track, it just seems sped-up. The instruments are also similar to the ones in Olimar's trailer, plus it IS on the Garden of Hope stage and I bet that it would be pre-set to play there more than other songs.

Just to make sure I was watching the right match, it was G&W vs G&W right?
Yeah, it was the Game & Watch double match. Is there a clip of that uploaded to YouTube now?

Last edited:

R O F L

Smash Ace
Yeah, it was the Game & Watch double match. Is there a clip of that uploaded to YouTube now?
I found some of the clips of the stream on YT by a channel named Smash Studios. It seems like some other channels have clips too.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
So that Super Mario bros. 2 ground theme is a remix after all.
Yes, I'm really leaning towards the idea that the other ones listed on the about page are all new remixes as well. I hope so, anyway, a Kass Theme and Jump Up Super Star remix would be amazing

By the way, haven't seen anyone mention it yet, but one of the streams had "Aquarius" playing on Drac's Castle - has anyone been able to identify whether it is a new arrangement or ported from another game?

Last edited:

Mornal

Smash Cadet
Just realized we probably won't get the final verdict on the vast majority of Mother songs until the game launches because of licensing issues. That's unfortunate.

Anyway, for this most recent tournament livestream:

Match 1 we get a better look at F-Zero medley but that's all.

Match 2, nothing new.

Match 3 confirms the return of Wrath of the Reset Bomb. You can reasonably assume it's the Smash 4 remix and not the original, though it's admittedly hard to tell.

Match 4 confirms the return of Circuit (Mario Kart 7) from Smash 4.

Match 5 confirms the return of the WarioWare Inc. Medley from Brawl.

Match 6 reveals the Mario Odyssey remix of World 1-1 features the same "activate band members to add instruments to the track" system that they showed for Jump Up Super Star.

Match 7 reveals... the original White Land from F-Zero SNES has been ported. Odd choice, but... sure, I guess.

Match 8, no new music. Just Skull Kid. :(

That's all for this one.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Yes, I'm really leaning towards the idea that the other ones listed on the about page are all new remixes as well. I hope so, anyway, a Kass Theme and Jump Up Super Star remix would be amazing

By the way, haven't seen anyone mention it yet, but one of the streams had "Aquarius" playing on Drac's Castle - has anyone been able to identify whether it is a new arrangement or ported from another game?
It's gotta be a new arrangement, that's a song from Castelvania 3, iirc, so it's gonna sound great here.
I really do hope that those website songs get a rearrangement, especially so I can hear Gladion's theme and Magicant. If we're getting no new Xenoblade songs, at the very least we can get new EarthBound music.

I think this is the song that'll be remixed:

Last edited:

Lord of the Spike

Smash Rookie
Anyway, for this most recent tournament livestream:

Match 2, nothing new.
Actually we get to hear a lot more of the new Luigi's Mansion remix - which also reveals that at around 32:36 (or about 12 seconds into the song), there is a brief excerpt of Library Piano (aka the motif from all the main boss themes) from Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon.

And the version of Wrath of the Reset Bomb that is playing in the next match is the remixed version - which you can tell by the part at 40:56, because the main melody is only being played by the brass section (which is the case in the remixed version, whereas in the original it is brass and strings playing the melody).

Match 4 also reveals that Sheik is also using the new version of the Zelda victory theme - which it seems may have outright replaced the Brawl/Sm4sh version at this rate.

Last edited:

Lord of the Spike

Smash Rookie
Ok a new stream has started and it has already revealed a couple of things:

- A match where they played on Reset Bomb Forest revealed that "The Lightning Chariot" from Kid Icarus Uprising is back - can't tell if it was the original or the Sm4sh remix.
- Ness seems to have a new victory theme (I presume Lucas does too) based off of the last two of the Eight Melodies from Earthbound Beginnings.
- UPDATE 1: Roy vs. Ike on Green Greens, with a remix of the Staff Roll/Credits Theme of Kirby's Dream Land - the song also contains a snippet of Green Greens and a snippet of Sparkling Stars (the song from the cannon minigame that happens after each level is cleared) both also from Kirby's Dream Land; I don't know whther this remix is a Smash Ultimate original or whether it is a remix from an actual Kirby game (like Rainbow Curse). The same match also confirms that the old Brawl remix of Gangplank Galleon (titled King K. Rool/Ship Deck 2) is returning.
- The next match starts by proving that the remix of SMW's Athletic theme from Melee Yoshi's Island is also returning. And then after the stage morph, we get to hear the new Kass' Theme remix - which is faster paced but still uses an accordian; but it cuts off before we can hear whether it includes the extended version that you get for completing all of Kass' quests in BOTW.
- Also the Hammer theme (from Donkey Kong) seems to be slightly higher pitched now than it was in Sm4sh and earlier games.
- The Vs. Gladion theme also appears to be a remix - and it appears in a Roy vs. Sheik match (semi-finals for Day 2's Smash Ultimate bracket).
- The final match between Roy and Richter for the bracket showed that the Mario Paint Medley from Smash Wii U is in the game.

(I'll update if and when anything else gets revealled, or when I can go back and check the earlier matches for music)

Last edited:

Mornal

Smash Cadet
Also from that stream, it's revealed that Smash 4's menu theme is back as a menu theme.

And Mario Paint Medley is back!

Flarestorm

Smash Rookie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjME4R9H_G8

New songs from the spanish invitational:

Melty Monster from Mario Galaxy (Mario Galaxy stage)

Lord of a Dead Empire from Fire Emblem Echoes (Arena Ferox)

Roar/Rathalos (pilotwings)

Athletic Theme - Super Mario World (Yoshi's Island Melee)

Yoshi's Tale (Super Happy Tree)

Underwater Theme - Super Mario Bros (Brawl) returns

Rainbow Road from MK8 returns

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Of note is that Yoshi's Tale is the Ending theme from Yoshi's Story (Brawl version).

Evanpik64

Smash Cadet
Ok a new stream has started and it has already revealed a couple of things:

- A match where they played on Reset Bomb Forest revealed that "The Lightning Chariot" from Kid Icarus Uprising is back - can't tell if it was the original or the Sm4sh remix.
- Ness seems to have a new victory theme (I presume Lucas does too) based off of the last two of the Eight Melodies from Earthbound Beginnings.
- UPDATE 1: Roy vs. Ike on Green Greens, with a remix of the Staff Roll/Credits Theme of Kirby's Dream Land - the song also contains a snippet of Green Greens and a snippet of Sparkling Stars (the song from the cannon minigame that happens after each level is cleared) both also from Kirby's Dream Land; I don't know whther this remix is a Smash Ultimate original or whether it is a remix from an actual Kirby game (like Rainbow Curse). The same match also confirms that the old Brawl remix of Gangplank Galleon (titled King K. Rool/Ship Deck 2) is returning.
- The next match starts by proving that the remix of SMW's Athletic theme from Melee Yoshi's Island is also returning. And then after the stage morph, we get to hear the new Kass' Theme remix - which is faster paced but still uses an accordian; but it cuts off before we can hear whether it includes the extended version that you get for completing all of Kass' quests in BOTW.
- Also the Hammer theme (from Donkey Kong) seems to be slightly higher pitched now than it was in Sm4sh and earlier games.
- The Vs. Gladion theme also appears to be a remix - and it appears in a Roy vs. Sheik match (semi-finals for Day 2's Smash Ultimate bracket).
- The final match between Roy and Richter for the bracket showed that the Mario Paint Medley from Smash Wii U is in the game.

(I'll update if and when anything else gets revealled, or when I can go back and check the earlier matches for music)
What's the timestamp for the new mother victory theme? I can't find it anywhere

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
Dang, wish I could contribute to this big music search, but I don't really have the time or mental organization to really look through all the footage. Props to you all.

On a side note, not sure how to feel about Ness' theme still being from Earthbound beginnings. At Least the original eight melodies did have a slight cameo in Earthbound (as "a flash of memory"/the Sanctuary spot), but even then it was only the first two as opposed to the last 2. Feel like it would have been cool to bring back his 64/Melee theme AKA the last four of Earthbound's eight melodies.

Couple of Questions I guess to the people who have been keeping up: 1. From what I've read, it seems the only known song without a series stage to be heard in gameplay was Rathalos on Light Plane (and side conjecture. Given how generally unfitting I expect that song to be for that stage, I'm going to guess miscellaneous songs are generally going to stages with either no fighter and/or a really small amount of music for its fighter, such as ice climbers and duck hunt. However, curious if any songs from other series have been heard on mainstay stages.) 2. What's the status of Mario main series songs vs side songs in terms of stages? has mario kart or any other been heard on a platformer based stage or vice versa? And are the likes of Dr Mario and Mario paint on mario stages or others? 3. With some of the new victory themes for characters (e.g. half of Zelda so far, Corrin, and ness) have some brawl and 4 victory themes still been confirmed? Just kinda curious.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace

Rainbow Road from MK8 returns
DARN YES Melty Monster is RAD.

I love seeing all these wonderful tracks in the same game.

Last edited:

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Did anyone hear what the unheard of sections for the F-Zero Medley entail at all?

Also having CROWNED and Melty Monster Galaxy both included is an instant plus for me!

Kudos to them adding Ashley's Song Ver 2 to ALL versions this time around!

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
At this point I'd be surprised if every song wasn't back. This game is gonna be so good good!

Mornal

Smash Cadet
Also, just want to point out that Balloon Trip from 3DS/Wii U was confirmed in the august direct but is missing from this list, so don't forget to add that as well.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Was the original SNES version of Fire Field in Wii U, because I think I heard it in the SNES F-Zero stage

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
A bunch of Street Fighter II songs were just confirmed by Sakurai.
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/11/0...tes-singleplayer-modes-at-nintendo-live-2018/
Oh, really? So, if there was 12 characters with their themes in SF2, does that mean 24 out of the 36 Street Fighter tracks are gonna be retro SF2 tunes?

Not that SF2 isn't iconic, but I was hoping we would get some themes outside of SF2. Especially SF3. I would've loved to see Alex or Ibuki's theme in Smash. But it looks like they're only gonna focus on the Street Fighter 2 soundtrack. :(

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Once again, thank you all for your help. I've been super swamped with school and work and would definitely not have the time to comb through all of this new footage.

I'll try to have the main post up-to-date by the end of the day.

A few comments/questions:
  • Any F-ZERO fans able to pick up on any other songs that are in the F-ZERO Medley?
  • Melty Molten is an amazing song, will be so perfect for Smash
  • Lord of a Dead Empire - is this a remix or original?
  • "Yoshi's Tale" - is that the name of "Ending - Yoshi's Story" in the Spanish version of the game? Or do you think they renamed the song?
  • The new Luigi's Mansion remix is awesome. Sounds like it even has a waltz segment; very Elfman-like.
  • Anyone know this song playing on Reset Bomb Forest?
  • Really glad we got to hear a new Kirby remix! Dreamland's staff roll is a great choice!
  • KASS THEME REMIX IS HYPE. Love how they kept the accordion as the main focus, but still made it suited for battle. I really hope it transitions into a medley of the Champion's themes, or just the Champion's Ballad.
  • With Kass's Theme and Gladion Battle confirmed as new remixes, that means 10 out of the 15 songs listed on the "about page" are new arrangements, I think its reasonably safe to assume that all of them are new. Theme of Snake and Jump Up Super Star would both make sense for new remixes. Halberd, Corneria, and Magicant getting re-remixed fits with the trend of stages getting new remixes of their main themes (eg: Brinstar Depths, Luigi's Mansion)
  • Really glad that CROWNED is in, please let it be a remix!
  • I'm still trying to figure out what this song is...
  • Full version of Splattack sounds really good. Really digging the ska feel, and I love this part. Wasn't expecting "Now or Never" to be integrated, but it works pretty well.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Once again, thank you all for your help. I've been super swamped with school and work and would definitely not have the time to comb through all of this new footage.

I'll try to have the main post up-to-date by the end of the day.

A few comments/questions:
  • Any F-ZERO fans able to pick up on any other songs that are in the F-ZERO Medley?
  • Melty Molten is an amazing song, will be so perfect for Smash
  • Lord of a Dead Empire - is this a remix or original?
  • "Yoshi's Tale" - is that the name of "Ending - Yoshi's Story" in the Spanish version of the game? Or do you think they renamed the song?
  • The new Luigi's Mansion remix is awesome. Sounds like it even has a waltz segment; very Elfman-like.
  • Anyone know this song playing on Reset Bomb Forest?
  • Really glad we got to hear a new Kirby remix! Dreamland's staff roll is a great choice!
  • KASS THEME REMIX IS HYPE. Love how they kept the accordion as the main focus, but still made it suited for battle. I really hope it transitions into a medley of the Champion's themes, or just the Champion's Ballad.
  • With Kass's Theme and Gladion Battle confirmed as new remixes, that means 10 out of the 15 songs listed on the "about page" are new arrangements, I think its reasonably safe to assume that all of them are new. Theme of Snake and Jump Up Super Star would both make sense for new remixes. Halberd, Corneria, and Magicant getting re-remixed fits with the trend of stages getting new remixes of their main themes (eg: Brinstar Depths, Luigi's Mansion)
  • Really glad that CROWNED is in, please let it be a remix!
  • I'm still trying to figure out what this song is...
  • Full version of Splattack sounds really good. Really digging the ska feel, and I love this part. Wasn't expecting "Now or Never" to be integrated, but it works pretty well.
I think the Lord of a Dead Empire song is the original, I'll have to check again.
I think the reset bomb forest track is the Wii U remix of Lightning Chariot Base
The song on Gaur Plan is the battle theme for Xenoblade Chronicles 2

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I don't mean to really pop into the discussion and seem like I am bringing something off topic, but I am very interested in seeing if there is any Super Mario RPG music present in the game. I will be going through this on release. I believe it might be a key argument regarding Geno's inclusion as DLC. Having Mario RPG music in game from the start would probably write him off for good.

However, if there is not a single piece of Super Mario RPG music in the game, it might line up with the Fighter Pack content. Considering we are getting about 800+ music tracks, there is a very high probability someone is going to want to compose Super Mario RPG music. And believe me, Square Enix suits are greedy, bitter, nasty misers when it comes to their music. Getting that Forest Maze and Chocobo theme to play during the Mii Costume reveal probably wasn't cheap. Sakurai wouldn't let those go to waste.

Please let me know as soon as you guys hear something. I think it is critical to Geno DLC speculation.

On another note, I really hope we get some Rhythm Heaven music in this game. Would be an excellent addition.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't mean to really pop into the discussion and seem like I am bringing something off topic, but I am very interested in seeing if there is any Super Mario RPG music present in the game. I will be going through this on release. I believe it might be a key argument regarding Geno's inclusion as DLC. Having Mario RPG music in game from the start would probably write him off for good.

However, if there is not a single piece of Super Mario RPG music in the game, it might line up with the Fighter Pack content. Considering we are getting about 800+ music tracks, there is a very high probability someone is going to want to compose Super Mario RPG music. And believe me, Square Enix suits are greedy, bitter, nasty misers when it comes to their music. Getting that Forest Maze and Chocobo theme to play during the Mii Costume reveal probably wasn't cheap. Sakurai wouldn't let those go to waste.

Please let me know as soon as you guys hear something. I think it is critical to Geno DLC speculation.

On another note, I really hope we get some Rhythm Heaven music in this game. Would be an excellent addition.
I don't think getting or not getting Super Mario RPG music helps or goes against the DLC at all. Not getting is just as easily explainable as getting Super Mario RPG music.

Top Bottom