• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of Moves Rest Can Interrupt

PGP

Smash Cadet
NNID
samwich42
3DS FC
3093-7123-8190
While not as prevalent an ability as it was in Brawl, Jigglypuff's rest can still interrupt certain multi-hit moves in Smash 4. I have a list of moves I've found so far from other threads and my own experience, but I'm fairly confident that there are many, many more out there. Will update as more people list moves.

luigi downB (works sometimes, before last hit)
peach down smash (needs more testing, so far I've only been able to get it near the edge of the stage/platform)
bowser upB (before last hit)
fox jab (during transition from jabs to kicks)
falco jab (during transition from jabs to kicks)
robin jab (between first two hits if holding down, needs confirmation on whether it still works post-patch)
sheik jab (during transition into rapid jabs)
diddy jab (during transition into rapid tail attacks)
samus jab
donkey jab
little mac jab
dr.mario downB
shulk up smash
mario dair (before last hit)
G&W jab1

Last edited:

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
First one off the the top of my head is Shulk's Usmash, you can use it after the hit of the non-extended monado
More info about that here. It's pretty touchy, but quite a viable option.

I've also never gotten it to work with Luigi Cyclone; does anyone have a video of that?
Stuff like Peach's dsmash and Bowser upB also probably won't work unless you get hit from the top or SDI out.

Also I don't think the Robin one works anymore after they buffed her jab link.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
I'm very anxious to see rest go through Luigi's Cyclone as well. If it's consistent, it would be very important for all Jiggs players to know.

Meercko

Smash Rookie
Puff can rest the last hit of Mario's dair and G&W's jab1
Also, would someone explain with some more details how puff can rest Luigi's downb? I know she can but when i tried by myself i couldn't do it (I think it's very dependant by how the opponent mashes the input)

PGP

Smash Cadet
NNID
samwich42
3DS FC
3093-7123-8190
Puff can rest the last hit of Mario's dair and G&W's jab1
Also, would someone explain with some more details how puff can rest Luigi's downb? I know she can but when i tried by myself i couldn't do it (I think it's very dependant by how the opponent mashes the input)
I'm very anxious to see rest go through Luigi's Cyclone as well. If it's consistent, it would be very important for all Jiggs players to know.
If you can rest it, it's probably before the last hit. I can't really lab it though atm...
From the testing I could do it became clear that it's somewhat inconsistent, but I couldn't find any patterns for when it did/didn't work, although I'm sure some exist. You can only rest it before the last hit. Unfortunately I don't have a capture card, but I'll try it on my Wii U and upload it once I get back from vacation (although if someone wanted to do it in the meantime that would be great).

Last edited:
Top Bottom