• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Liquid'KDJ Stars in a Hilarious HyperX Commercial

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
In what is definitely the first (but hopefully not the last) commercial featuring a sponsored Melee player, Liquid'KDJ shows off his skills while... settling a score at the bar? Featuring Liquid'KDJ and other local Boston players, HyperX's commercial puts together an unlikely premise with a just as unlikely game setup (why are the opponents playing on opposite TVs?) but if you like Melee and seeing top players show off some personality, you should get a kick out of this.

Who do you want to see in a commercial? Make up your own Smash commercial premise in the comments below!

The Derrit didn't think this was for real at first. Follow him for all things gaming and Smash on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

Last edited:

AceMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KnowledgeMan
Agreed, one of the best commercials in ages, I wish that was how the world worked though.

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
SEEN IT!

In all seriousness, we barely even see any gameplay.
All we get is KDJ yelling at a TV screen, but it's still funny.

S-Loxe

Smash Rookie
NNID
S-Loxe
3DS FC
1993-7373-0991
First thing I tough was strange was the 2 televisions for 1 gamecube... Could they use split cables or what? Don't think so '-'
Wish there was a big scene of Smash here in Brazil T^T

Hokori

Great King of Evil
#BEASTIT

I probably laughed more than I should have at the part where KDJ's friend basically just lunged at the other guy after being tapped lightly on the back :laugh:

Would love to see more of these.

Newt Floss

Smash Journeyman
Hilarious? Have some journalistic integrity and stop editorializing!

(I'm kidding, of course)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm not so much amused by the video itself(which still killed my lungs), but from how many competitive players use the pen name Liquid.

D

Deleted member

good thing they have two CRTs, otherwise they might be screen peaking!

Suli Hyuga

Smash Cadet
This video has been rated 9/6 on IGN. Sponsored by Sony's Doritos and Walmart's MLG-exclusive Mountain Dew Baja Blast Edition.

D

Deleted member

But seriously, did you really think this was funny? You people laugh at everything, like when somebody says: "No DIIEYYY" or whatever. That's not funny at all.
not really but I'm not gonna complain about it in the comments. Nobody wants the hear that.

Top Bottom