• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Linux Video Editing Programs?

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Before I dive into the world of Ubuntu Linux video editing, I just wondered if anyone else knows much about which program(s) are best for video editing? I'm going to be taking video from a windows pc with dazzle recording facilities, copying it to a HDD, transferring it to my linux pc, and editing it.

Edit: it looks like LiVES is my best choice. Anyone else have any input on this topic?

my conclusion is to wait until I go home and use my windows pc. It's really simple when using Windows Movie Maker. Like, it's almost TOO simple hahaha.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I'm sorry you haven't received any response on this topic. I too run Ubuntu Linux and would be very interested in locating some decent Linux video editing software. Until I find any, I am forced to dual boot Windows XP (which I also use for gaming purposes). I strongly recommend dual booting (as much as I hate Windows) in order to cover all your bases. ;)

jjl

Smash Apprentice
Whoops, didn't notice this thread till now.
I use Debian Linux and have been using LiVES to make our videos. (If you want to see what they look like, search for "3rd west" in the misc videos forum.. or the titles directly, "pwnality", "tunak tunak smash", you'll find a few others). I like LiVES because you can do frame-by-frame editing.

I've tried another one, cinelerra, but found it was way too complicated.

Top Bottom