• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's TRUE Archenemy - Cucco for smash! DECONFIRMED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
They should add one of the most iconic zelda characters. Link has yet to kill this character, yet many people have fallen to this character and his army.

CUCCO SUPPORT THREAD

About Cucco
Cucco is a Non-Playable chicken-like character in the zelda series. since it's original appearance in a Link to the Past, Cuccos have been in 14 different zelda games, including A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, Four Swords Adventures, The Minish Cap, Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and A Link Between Worlds. in the games they can either help link, by helping him glide across a pit or waking someone up with their cawing, or they can hurt link. cuccos are famous for "the Cucco Revenge Squad" where if link hits a Cucco too many times Cuccos come from everywhere, most likely defeating link. there is only ONE zelda game where cuccos can be killed. some variants of the Cucco exsist, such as Corjiro (a Blue Cucco) or the Golden Cucco.

Movesets
legendofrob1's moveset
Cucco is about Pichu's size in melee. If you haven't played melee, a bit smaller than pikachu. Cucco has great traction on the ground, one of the best in the game. movement speed average on the ground. Cucco would have great air mobility, one that rivals even Jigglypuff. up to 5 different jumps, excluding the up B.

Cucco has a unique trait that if he runs into someone (while dashing) they will take 2% damage and flinch, similar to the properties of falco's blaster. this doesn't happen if Cucco is walking.

SPECIALS
Up - Cucco flaps very frantically. it gains a little altitude, then the rest of the decent is slowed dramatically.
Side - Cucco sends itself flying to the side, similar to Wing Kirby's Condor heading from Kirby superstar.
Neutral - Cucco shoots feathers from it's wing, like wing Kirby in Kirby Superstar.
Down - Caws loudly, everyone around is stunned. similar to Mewtwo's Down B, exept that if the opponent is hit in the air, it will cause medium knockback out from Cucco.

WIP

Music
Cucco's Theme
(it's from Cucco Rush - a minigame in A Link Between Worlds)

Currently this thread is under construction. say your ideas like movesets and other things and maybe I'll add them to the OP.

Supporters
like this post to be a supporter!

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Cuccos as a stage hazard or assist trophy make sense to me. The hazard would just be a cucco running around on some Zelda stage and if it takes enough hits it will become hostile and attack with a flock of cuccos. Same thing for the AT too, gotta trick your opponent into attacking it before it leaves.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Cuccos as a stage hazard or assist trophy make sense to me. The hazard would just be a cucco running around on some Zelda stage and if it takes enough hits it will become hostile and attack with a flock of cuccos. Same thing for the AT too, gotta trick your opponent into attacking it before it leaves.
if he was an assist trophy then maybe he could be a mix between the Excitebike assist from brawl and the Beedrill pokeball form smash 64

Delicious Tears

Smash Journeyman
I give my support to Cucco! Would be such a truly amazing character! More amazing than Palutena, Little Mac, King K. Rool, Ridley, and Mewtwo all combined.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
I was going to post a particular M.U.G.E.N. video showing Rare Akuma getting mobbed by cuccos, but I can't find it anymore. For those who know anything about it, pretent I posted that here.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I was going to post a particular M.U.G.E.N. video showing Rare Akuma getting mobbed by cuccos, but I can't find it anymore. For those who know anything about it, pretent I posted that here.
This good enough?

Cpt.

Smash Lord
AHHHHH No way!!!

Cucoos are waaaaay to evil to be a playable character. People be hatin' on Ridley for being evil, but the real demons of Nintendo are these b@stards!

Cucoos should get the spot of final event match boss or something. Waaay to evil to be a playable character. Hey at least Ridley didn't kill everyone on Samus' planet right? *Shudder* I bet the Cucoos would have.......they would have even killed the Chozo despite looking like birds!

The sounds of Link dying from the cucoo menace still haunts me.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I really love the minigame theme from A Link Between Worlds!

Cuccoos as an assist trophy could be really hilarous, yet dangerous. All this by doing a great nod the Zelda games!

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Cucco is too broken to be a playable character, it would be banned from tournament play and would make the single player modes too easy. :)

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Playstyle-wise, Cucco should play similar to jigglypuff. But with a slower decent in the air.

So that's a start on my moveset.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
This good enough?
Well, it showcases the character, but the one I was looking for had what was considered possibly the most most overpowered of all the god tier characters. . . . completely helpless against this miniature menace. The impact was greater and more hilarious, plus the video was shorter if I recall correctly.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Well, it showcases the character, but the one I was looking for had what was considered possibly the most most overpowered of all the god tier characters. . . . completely helpless against this miniature menace. The impact was greater and more hilarious, plus the video was shorter if I recall correctly.
Well, I couldn't find it sorry :/

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I hope you guys know I'm honestly planning on beefing up the OP to the extent people might really want Cucco.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Wait, really ... why isn't this an Assist Trophy yet?

You can throw it at people
It can glide if you jump while holding it
If enough enemies hit it, angry Cuccoos fill the stage.

This is something I didn't know I needed until I saw this thread. You have my gratitude.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
You really like birds, huh? I support Cucco! He would be an awesome character. Too bad he is only a pipe dream...

Smady

Smash Master
Condolences to all the Cucco fans. This is a dark day for all of us.

Just kidding, this is great news for Cucco. This is sure to be one of the best new items.

Last edited:

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
I kinda wish ashley was playable now, this could have been the definitive "you fans are awesome" smash game.
Cuccos are generic though, we can still have cojiro the blue cucco :awesome:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
According to Miiverse, Sakurai adding these means that he's copying McLeodGaming. I'm assuming that's a channel on YouTube?

Anyway, I am strangely hype for this item.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Let me just say for the third time on this forum that this item IS FREAKING AWESOME!

This is one item that I think I'll be able to thoroughly enjoy. It's also one of the few updates that has boosted my hype that isn't a character or stage reveal.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
According to Miiverse, Sakurai adding these means that he's copying McLeodGaming. I'm assuming that's a channel on YouTube?

Anyway, I am strangely hype for this item.
No, it's who makes the Super Smash Flash series.

D

Deleted member

Sorry to the people that wanted the Cucco to be playable.

I do love the detail on the Cucco and I am hoping that when you attack the Cucco, hundreds of other Cuccos would attack. It would provide for a hilarious and chaotic experience!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, this thread had a good month, right? :p

That being said, I can't wait to test out the Cucco item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom