• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's Changes from Brawl to Smash U - A Video Comparison

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
I finally finished my video comparing Link's moveset from Brawl to Smash U. Took way longer than I thought it would but I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNJe7GPL_vg

Don't forget to set it to 60fps! Also youtube let's you slow down the video to 1/4 speed which is super helpful for comparing moves. There's a full list of everything shown in the video with time stamps in the description so if you're wanting to see a specific move you can jump straight to it.

Here's a list of all the noticeable changes I saw while making this. Most of these have been mentioned before but I'll include them anyway for completions sake.
  • Dash speed and air speed seem to be a tad bit faster
  • Double Jump is higher
  • Spot Dodge is slower
  • Both rolls are faster, especially back roll.
  • Up smash and both swings of forward smash have more ending lag
  • Grab has less ending lag but also less range
  • Nair seems to last longer (insert joke about sex kick lasting longer here)
  • Due to Nair lasting longer, it no longer auto cancels when short hopped
  • Uair and Dair both have less landing lag
  • Zair has more range
  • Bow charges up slightly faster
  • Gale Boomerang has a much faster catching animation
  • Gale effect seems to be weaker
  • Bombs explode 1.33 seconds sooner
  • Aerial spin attack goes higher

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
@ Scabe Scabe Sticky this.

Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
@Blubba_Pinecone do you think you could copy and paste (if it is worthy enough) this into your guide?

Also man I thought the Gale effect would have been stronger in the new one.

Last edited:

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
So, what I gather from this is that we have a much more mobile Link now. :)

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
It's been known for a while, but I just wanted to note one of the key differences in custom moves: Power Bow is now a looooot slower to charge, compared to the 3DS version.

Which sucks a little, since I like that custom move and now it's so obvious when I'm going to use it that it has become almost useless...

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
It's been known for a while, but I just wanted to note one of the key differences in custom moves: Power Bow is now a looooot slower to charge, compared to the 3DS version.

Which sucks a little, since I like that custom move and now it's so obvious when I'm going to use it that it has become almost useless...
Thank you for using the wrong thread to tell us something we already knew *shows you the door*

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Okay... But isn't it a change from the 3DS to the Wii U version, though?...

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Okay... But isn't it a change from the 3DS to the Wii U version, though?...
It might be, but it's still not a change from BRAWL to WII U. You didn't even read the title completely, did you? Also, we don't cover customs yet since they're still not entirely legal apparently, and even if we did we have a thread dedicated to customs. Next time use the search function, or at least freaking read the thread's title properly.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Oh crap, I'm so sorry. I can't believe I misread the title :\

Someone delete my posts, if you want.

Top Bottom