• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's bomb jumps gone?

shadyf0o

Smash Journeyman
While playing with link in Melee a tactic I would often imploy was the bomb jump, which I'm sure most of you know of. I know it still works in brawl if you hold the bomb in your hands until it explodes, but what about tossing it up and up-bing into it?

The toss bomb jump was my favorite move of link's and I haven't been able to pull it off in brawl. Is it much harder to do or impossible?

Also, forgive me if this is an old subject I'm new.

Minirally37

Smash Rookie
The only other way to do a bomb jump is to be near the bomb when it explodes too. I know that by throwing the bomb up and using your jumps+spin attack you can time it so you hit the bomb. as for the b up attack destroying it i believe it no longer works. Without links bomb jumping in brawl it doesn't make him have horrible recovery i find air dodging helps alot to slow yourself down while being launched. Then from there i use my jumps stratigically before i decide whether im to far to tether or not. then i will pull out a bomb in case before using my up b. This may sound like im in the air forever but i would like to point out all this happens in a few seconds. Speed and familiarity with the controls is key to link.

shadyf0o

Smash Journeyman
This may sound like im in the air forever but i would like to point out all this happens in a few seconds. Speed and familiarity with the controls is key to link.
I know how to use link, but thanks for your feedback.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Well, you can't hit ur bomb anymore, but i think its fuse is shorter than it was in melee, so just holding it is more efficient.

I haven't played brawl NEARLY as much as I have played melee, but I've been saved by bomb jumps more times on brawl than on melee.

I just use bombs more often when I'm at hi damage. Then, the odds of me recovering increase, and if they're at hi damage too, the knockback will gimme some time to range 'em out. :)

HiIH

Smash Lord
We should make that thread, that is not Skler's guide, that needs to be stickied with some FAQ.

Like this one.

Top Bottom