• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link Social Thread

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
Definitive answers. The depth is head-crushing.

... Anyway, I read a page back and a lot of people were complaining about the boomerang's range as well. Now I feel like an ass lol. I came in here and started up the same annoying discussion that was already said and done with. Shall I bring up L-cancelling next and why I think it should be taken out(No I don't)?

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
This link looks legit and might get me out of retirement of project m. After work ima dl this and give my opinion . link been high/top tier since 2.1 and ya are still giving him buffs? Lol everyone keep saying link Sucks so he can destroy anyone : D (if used correctly of course) Btw his rang animation looks gay LOLOLOL

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
This link looks legit and might get me out of retirement of project m. After work ima dl this and give my opinion . link been high/top tier since 2.1 and ya are still giving him buffs? Lol everyone keep saying link Sucks so he can destroy anyone : D (if used correctly of course) Btw his rang animation looks gay LOLOLOL
Apparently he was that way in 2.1 because of his boomerang. When the rang was nerfed he dropped dramatically in everyone's eyes I guess. Seems reasonable, I mean he could link(no) into anything with that boomerang.

I like how I can actually use Dtilt now. I've always hated that move because the way he swings looks idiotic (I actually wanted him to get the dtilt that TL got. Jesus I was crying when he got it instead) and it was too slow to justify it for me. Now I actually like it. And I can start using zair again. Bwarl Link days coming back to me all at once.

I think I'm going to puke.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
As the claw of z-air is coming out, it hits people away, but the final hitbox of when it fully extends pops people up and back towards you for combos.

NaijaboyIrin

Smash Apprentice
Zair setups are soooo satisfying. Zair > Dair FTW.

Use Dtilt. At low percentages, it is fast enough to keep people from teching your Dash attack. If done properly, you can do DA > Dtilt> DA > UpB/Nair/Fair/Uair.
I wish it had TL's brawl Dtilt animation instead of just being sped up. The way Link follows through with the attack doesn't make sense seeing how the move is noticeably faster IMO, but that's just me.

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
I'm uncreative apparently I guess, so I generally just Fair or Uair. Nair if I'm in the mood. Less damage, but Nair is so cool it's a shame to not use it. Ever. Seriously, use Nair for recovery and to feed your children.

Zair is nice because of the spacing aspect and the sick reward for hitting with the tip. I remember when I first started playing P:M, the landing lag increase from 6(?) frames to 10 frames made it feel so ridiculously slow that I couldn't get used to it.. somehow.. because 1/15th of a second is a lot(I realize 4 frames is significant, but I find it amusing how such a small difference has an effect on the user). But now it's fine to me. Time heals all minor annoyances. I started just thinking of it as a wavedash in terms of timing (because, you know, they're the same) and that helped a lot. /irrelevant.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
z-air fits in well with his more focus design of "mid-ranged fighter". A lot of characters admittedly have a more annoying spam game than Link does. If their projectile is clankable though, Link can cut through their spam like butter with z-air and reward himself with a juicy combo. Many characters who used to outcamp Link now have to run even further away in order to spam. But even if they get too far, it's pretty easy to approach, you just walk forward with your Hylian Shield like you dgaf (or if the spam is too high, short hop z-air).

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
On a random note, I like Link a lot now, but I think it would be awesome if his side-tilt were replaced with his shield bash from Twilight Princess, short range, quick and a ton of priority, just a quick GTFO move

ramblings cause I was born a rambling man

GingaBread

Smash Cadet
I've been a long-time link player but never put the focus of a main on him. I'm just getting comfortable with his zair and having a hard time incorporating it into my play style. How do you guys most commonly use it?

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
I've been a long-time link player but never put the focus of a main on him. I'm just getting comfortable with his zair and having a hard time incorporating it into my play style. How do you guys most commonly use it?
I use it sometimes as a retreat from mid-ish range. It's pretty nice if you space it properly. The main thing to do with it is memorize its tip range and aim for a grounded(Or short hopping. Closeish to the ground.) opponent with the claw. Then it double hits and gives you the Dair/Uair combo.

Speaking of move changes, I didn't like the shield bash but I did enjoy helm splitter. But we should totally. TOTALLY. replace Fthrow with his one flip cut-your-head-open grab from SC2. That move was so awesome.

But no I actually like his Ftilt. He should get the Captain America shield throw.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I use z-air when my opponent is short hopping near the end of z-air's range. I also find z-air pretty useful in combination with the returning boomerang. You can trap your opponent in a sea of hitboxes when done right.

NaijaboyIrin

Smash Apprentice
Ugh, how do you deal with Mario spam???
As if the matchup wasn't already hard enough, now he can spam even faster and then set you up for combos more easily thanks to his new partially invincible Dtilt.
Which of Link's new neutral game tools can we use to mitigate this?

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
Ugh, how do you deal with Mario spam???
As if the matchup wasn't already hard enough, now he can spam even faster and then set you up for combos more easily thanks to his new partially invincible Dtilt.
Which of Link's new neutral game tools can we use to mitigate this?
Just nair through his fireballs.

Whenever I face a Mario, I tend to nair a lot since most marios like to use a bunch of fireballs.

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
It isn't only you.
Don't get me wrong; Bair is a great move. I just wish that I could space the move near the tips of his feet and still get both hits. This is differenence between Falcon's nair/ Ivysaur's bair and Link's bair(Probably because Falcon nair 1st hit has weak upwards knockback) IMO. Otherwise, it's a cool move and doesn't need much more than it already has.

Take note of the time window between bair's first and second kicks. I wait that long after the second kick in a SH, non fast-falled bair to input a jump so I can DJ after. It's so good for pressure because people try to punish me Oos and get naired in the face as a result.The window is small though, so you have to bair as quickly as possible after jumpsquat.

Demonstration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YNHiQ7EwJ8k&t=160
I tried doing that bair double jump thing. I wasn't sure if it still existed in this game.

Thanks for the tip. I plan to implement this as it fits in with my playstyle quite well.

Once I stop screwing it up. I get it like 30% of the time atm.

D

Deleted member

I'm just disappointed that his shield only protects him from projectiles and doesn't give him some type of armor against all types of attacks. It's the freaking HYLIAN SHIELD. It needs to be done! Any balance concerns are irrelevant so dooo iiiit! >:-[

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
I'm just disappointed that his shield only protects him from projectiles and doesn't give him some type of armor against all types of attacks. It's the freaking HYLIAN SHIELD. It needs to be done! Any balance concerns are irrelevant so dooo iiiit! >:-[
This, and when he pulls the sword up from Dair, everyone in the world should age 7 years instantly. Shffl Dair a few times and Marth will have a broken hip and be going through menopause.

a vehicle

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone landed a Link "punch" KO yet?
Don't know how else to name it, it's the awkward punch that link throws when you side-b while your rang is mid-air.

a vehicle

Smash Apprentice
The hit box is super small and doesn't last for long, it also has one of the weakest knockbacks and deals 8% (i think)
Super troll chase off-stage throwing the boomerang the other way to prep the "punch"
Makes you look both pro and as a huge asshole
You' are now mang0

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm finding that Link is secretly a very technical character in this game when it comes to performing the good stuff.

I agree. Mainly with bomb stuff though :p. I have some crazy bomb tricks.

Beorn

Smash Journeyman
I'm finding that Link is secretly a very technical character in this game when it comes to performing the good stuff.
It's no secret man... Link is quite technical. You don't need to be fast with him. You just need to be precise with your inputs.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Some matches from a tournament I was at about a month ago:

Hylian vs Vro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJc2yIl10-Y
Hylian vs Calabrel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_RU4aJfgVc

I haven't watched these yet but I had an injured finger this tournament so I probably played pretty bad lol. Keep in mind this is 2.5 as well.

Edit: Also here is some good doubles play from the losers finals of that tournament if anyone is interested in doubles:
Hylian/Strongbad vs Darkatma/Deku
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU88ELPKVj8

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Just got back from Nerd Rage, was a 54 person PM only 2 day tournament. I played amazing, didn't place like I wanted but I felt I really improved and was playing great so I'm not upset.

Here are some matches from the tournament(more are still being uploaded):

Hylian(Link) vs DSF(MK):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pum74fN6EUA

Hylian(Link) vs Strong Bad(DK/Wario):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IMCLt_BiYE

There are a bunch of team matches, you can look for them if you want on the channel, here is one:

Hylian(Link)/Oracle(Lucas) vs Kirk(Bowser)/Scythe(Wolf):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eUuXabKYzA

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
I've a question since this discussion died out. Is there any way to restore Link's tether air grab without making it busted? Surely we can give it some ability to grab airborne opponents without making him a second ICs (Yes, I know the initial hitbox can grab airborne characters but that **** never happens for me). For example, I was playing a Ganondorf player. I threw my boomerang. It missed. I tried to grab him. The boomerang came back, hit him, knocked him a milimeter into the air, and my grab whiffed. I think that's sort of obnoxious. I realize it's my fault for trying to grab when I knew my boomerang might have hit him, but that's not the point. What if you made it so it couldn't grab airborne opponents who were in tumble? Or is there a way to restrict it so it can only grab opponents that are however many pixels above the ground? Something? It's really sort of annoying. And might I hazard further into the suggestion territory and ask if his Fair's second spin could be a little bit faster so ledge hopped Fairs can get both swings to come out a little bit easier. Unnecessary, but it was in Brawl (pahahaha).

And was the lingering hitbox on his Nair really removed? Or am I misreading the change list? That makes me sad. But whatever.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
As of right now you can only grab people out of the air with your hand. So if you want a grab follow-up of rang you need to be right beside them. It sucks, but the tether grabbing out of the air was incredibly annoying for people to play against and kind of broken for how good links throw game is.

With nair, we matches the length of the hitboxes to the animation. It was really dumb looking when you got hit by literally nothing as the hitbox stayed out even after his legs retracted. It just means you need to be slightly more precise when edgeguarding, it's still an amazing move(his best move probably).

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
I understand, but I wish there was a way to implement it in a way that isn't annoying. It wasn't even a follow-up in the situation I described. The boomerang just returned and hit him while was at.. below 10% at least. And he got hit a hair into the air and I missed. I just don't think that makes much sense. And grabbing with his hand while they're in the air isn't that easy as far as I can tell because his grab is slow. But if there's no way to implement it without breaking it, then nevermind.

I guess that's true about the Nair, but it was like that in Melee...... *twitch* and it was the most hilarious thing. It can also be argued that a lot of things that involve hitboxes look dumb, so I don't think that's really that great a reason. It's Smash. It all objectively looks silly. Also, his leg was extended for the vast majority of the animation, so it's not like he's floating there for 50 frames with a hitbox surrounding him. Now his full hop Nair - Nair thing doesn't work as well! But I agree it's still pretty damn good. Just saddening to see it go. I was just asking regardless.

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
Actually, I'll add to this because it's kind of irritating me.

Doesn't Falco's Dair still spike all the way through? Are you telling me that the properties on that move aren't more objectively dumb than Link's effing Nair hitbox lingering for a couple frames after he withdraws his leg? <_< Shine hits frame 1. Rest hits frame 1 and has invincibility still if I'm not mistaken. These things aren't "Dumb"? So why discriminate and remove a move property that wasn't even nearly as busted as these things and on a character that wasn't broken regardless? I'm calling hax now actually. I see no legitimate reason to take away a tool he's had in Melee and throughout development simply because it was just randomly decided that it was no longer acceptable. Especially when it wasn't really warranted from a balance standpoint.

I'm not suggesting you change rest or shine or whatever else, I'm just saying there's a bit of an imbalance here. I'm seriously thinking he should just get his Nair back unless there was a balance problem. It didn't look THAT stupid. Seriously.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Falcos dair matches it's animation as does shine. I don't see why you brought up the balance of the moves as it wasn't changed for balance reasons. First of all, link didn't lose any tools, nair is just as good as it was before. It is more intuitive to play against now and looks better, I personally prefer it this way. It wasn't changed much at all and if you think link is worse because of it you are nitpicking.

Secondly, you should never use that kind of justification when balancing a game. There are all sorts of things you have to consider when thinking about a characters design. Rest may hit frame one but the hitbox is small and jigglypuff dies if she misses. Shine had invincibility removed from it and fox/falco are glass canons, they hit hard and die easily. There are a lot of factors you have to consider you can't just make a move broken because another character has an absurd move especially when the characters share almost no common traits. We aren't trying to make brawl minus.

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
Falcos dair matches it's animation as does shine. I don't see why you brought up the balance of the moves as it wasn't changed for balance reasons. First of all, link didn't lose any tools, nair is just as good as it was before. It is more intuitive to play against now and looks better, I personally prefer it this way. It wasn't changed much at all and if you think link is worse because of it you are nitpicking.

Secondly, you should never use that kind of justification when balancing a game. There are all sorts of things you have to consider when thinking about a characters design. Rest may hit frame one but the hitbox is small and jigglypuff dies if she misses. Shine had invincibility removed from it and fox/falco are glass canons, they hit hard and die easily. There are a lot of factors you have to consider you can't just make a move broken because another character has an absurd move especially when the characters share almost no common traits. We aren't trying to make brawl minus.
You said it was changed simply because it looked dumb. Falco's Dair and shine IS dumb. So it doesn't seem like that great a reason. Changing it and taking away active frames of the move is a balance change. You're making it objectively worse(Not saying you've made the move bad) than it was before for a reason that doesn't involve balance. That's not really fair.

You missed the point of my argument. I was saying, changing it for the sole reason that it "looked" dumb isn't good reasoning because there are plenty of moves in the game that are LITERALLY dumb by sheer design. I could go into the ridiculous disjoints that exist that look stupid. I understand Rest's hitbox size balances it out sort of. But that's not the point, its other properties are stupid. Link's hitbox lasting was a part of the character, and as for it being intuitive to play against, if the opponent doesn't know that his hitbox lingers then they deserve to get hit by it. It's not that hard to register that his hitbox stays out a couple frames after he withdraws his legs and play accordingly.

I'm not saying Link is bad now, but if you take a version of him while his Nair lingers vs a version where it doesn't, the one where it doesn't is OBJECTIVELY WORSE. Even if it's marginal, he's still worse off because of it and saying he isn't is a lie. I don't think there was enough justification to remove that property.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You said it was changed simply because it looked dumb. Falco's Dair and shine IS dumb. So it doesn't seem like that great a reason. Changing it and taking away active frames of the move is a balance change. You're making it objectively worse(Not saying you've made the move bad) than it was before for a reason that doesn't involve balance. That's not really fair.
There is a difference between appearance and functionality. Besides, moves being "dumb" is subjective in the first place, I don't think falcos dair is "dumb" because he has to commit his entire body to a move without disjoint. The reason it is such a good move is because of the way his moveset interacts with the move, not the move itself. Again, you cannot just look at another characters move and justify all you changes based off that move, movesets would have no sort of fluidity or intuitiveness. While links nair may be technically "objectively worse", it really isn't. You can use his nair in every single situation you could use it before without fail by just pressing the button slightly later(by slightly I mean literally a few frames which you can't even distinguish with eyesight because of how little it changed). Links nair still outlasts all dodges and still brute forces it's way through pretty much every recovery in the game, it was simply polished. I hope you also understand that spacies were nerfed and Link was buffed. Buffing characters by just simply increasing stats on random moves is bad design, link's playstyle was changed to be more versatile and he was given several new tools, the things that were actually nerfed on him I've yet to see anyone mention at all. Overall Link is a much much better character than he was before.

You missed the point of my argument. I was saying, changing it for the sole reason that it "looked" dumb isn't good reasoning because there are plenty of moves in the game that are LITERALLY dumb by sheer design. I could go into the ridiculous disjoints that exist that look stupid. I understand Rest's hitbox size balances it out sort of. But that's not the point, its other properties are stupid. Link's hitbox lasting was a part of the character, and as for it being intuitive to play against, if the opponent doesn't know that his hitbox lingers then they deserve to get hit by it. It's not that hard to register that his hitbox stays out a couple frames after he withdraws his legs and play accordingly.
I'm not missing your point, I think your point is made out of ignorance. You clearly don't know what intuitive means and to your last sentence apply that to link himself.

I'm not saying Link is bad now, but if you take a version of him while his Nair lingers vs a version where it doesn't, the one where it doesn't is OBJECTIVELY WORSE. Even if it's marginal, he's still worse off because of it and saying he isn't is a lie. I don't think there was enough justification to remove that property.
Uh, if you take 2.5 Link(who has lingering nair) and 2.6 link(who doesn't) you tell me which one is "objectively" worse. Whole movesets need to be taken into account when balancing a character not just one move. Link was given several tools he didn't have before and several of his moves were buffed. You don't buff a character by just making every move they have better and you don't buff moves without considering implications and altering movesets accordingly.

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
There is a difference between appearance and functionality. Besides, moves being "dumb" is subjective in the first place, I don't think falcos dair is "dumb" because he has to commit his entire body to a move without disjoint. The reason it is such a good move is because of the way his moveset interacts with the move, not the move itself. Again, you cannot just look at another characters move and justify all you changes based off that move, movesets would have no sort of fluidity or intuitiveness. While links nair may be technically "objectively worse", it really isn't. You can use his nair in every single situation you could use it before without fail by just pressing the button slightly later(by slightly I mean literally a few frames which you can't even distinguish with eyesight because of how little it changed). Links nair still outlasts all dodges and still brute forces it's way through pretty much every recovery in the game, it was simply polished. I hope you also understand that spacies were nerfed and Link was buffed. Buffing characters by just simply increasing stats on random moves is bad design, link's playstyle was changed to be more versatile and he was given several new tools, the things that were actually nerfed on him I've yet to see anyone mention at all. Overall Link is a much much better character than he was before.

I'm not missing your point, I think your point is made out of ignorance. You clearly don't know what intuitive means and to your last sentence apply that to link himself.

Uh, if you take 2.5 Link(who has lingering nair) and 2.6 link(who doesn't) you tell me which one is "objectively" worse. Whole movesets need to be taken into account when balancing a character not just one move. Link was given several tools he didn't have before and several of his moves were buffed. You don't buff a character by just making every move they have better and you don't buff moves without considering implications and altering movesets accordingly.
You're now mixing up the aspects of utility, which I was under the assumption you were ignoring when you took away the lingering hitbox out of aesthetics. I realize the drawbacks and whatever for the Dair, but I'm talking about individual properties and how in the realm of Melee/P:M, Link's Nair wasn't outside the threshold to make it ridiculous or change-worthy. But whatever I'll concede/ignore that if I must because I don't really care to argue it. You're saying **** that I already understand, but you're completely ignoring my point, regardless of whether you say you are or not. You're essentially arguing that there's virtually no difference. Thus there was NO REASON TO CHANGE IT. Seriously.

You're really arguing that reducing hitbox length on a move doesn't make it objectively worse? Nice. I said even if it was slightly worse, it's still objectively worse. If it was such a minuscule change and hardly noticeable, then why ****ing change it?

I know that spacies were nerfed, hence why I didn't say that they had invincibility on their shines when making my above statement. Apples and oranges. I don't give a damn about the general link buff, I'm saying there wasn't really a legitimate reason to remove that aspect of the hitbox when it wasn't causing any issues. It didn't balance out any bonuses he got, it was just taken for nary a legitimate reason or purpose. Seriously, how many extra frames was it actually out and was it really that big an issue?

And on the subject of being counter-intuitive, do you think it's intuitive to have his grab miss if the opponent is a pixel above the ground? Why are things not being held to equal standards?

Yes. 2.5 link is worse than 2.6 link. But you're neglecting the fact that his nair was not the only thing to change. Now YOUR point is made out of ignorance. You can't disregard every single other change simply to make a faulty point. There's a fallacy for that and if I remembered the name I'd call you out on it further. Obviously you know I meant if you take two versions of Link whose other properties are exactly the same and give one the lingering Nair, that one will be objectively better. Thanks for not even trying to think about what I said. Thanks a ton. Faulty logic is faulty and I'm glad to just be disregarded and to have my "bad" logic shot down by even worse logic. I understand you hold the authoritative edge in this debate, but seriously dude.

I'm not even really trying to create a huge argument over this. It's not worth the time of either of us. I just found a flaw in the reasoning and I felt like pointing it out. Do with it what you will. Disregard, pull a veil over your eyes, justify it in any way that you wish. It was completely unnecessary in my eyes and now I've gotten that across. So whatever.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You're now mixing up the aspects of utility, which I was under the assumption you were ignoring when you took away the lingering hitbox out of aesthetics. I realize the drawbacks and whatever for the Dair, but I'm talking about individual properties and how in the realm of Melee/P:M, Link's Nair wasn't outside the threshold to make it ridiculous or change-worthy. But whatever I'll concede/ignore that if I must because I don't really care to argue it. You're saying **** that I already understand, but you're completely ignoring my point, regardless of whether you say you are or not. You're essentially arguing that there's virtually no difference. Thus there was NO REASON TO CHANGE IT. Seriously.
Links nair was one of the only moves(if not the only move, I can't think of any others) to have hitboxes out after the animation ends. How is that not past a threshold? The reason for changing it was polish. It got changed for the same reasons that we changed a bunch of hitboxes on links moves. Changing those hitboxes for polish inherently buffed link, while matching nairs hitbox to it's animation inherently nerfed him(even though it's so insignificant you might as well be arguing semantics). Why aren't you complaining about the hitbox changes to links moves? Those didn't pass a threshold. Things don't need to cross a threshold for us to change them, if that was true half our characters moves wouldn't even exist. Lucario wouldn't exist, ZSS would be incredibly different etc etc. Having creative freedom when designing characters means taking from some aspects of the character and adding to others is a thing that needs to be thought about. If every move was looked at by itself then characters would be incredibly shallow.

You're really arguing that reducing hitbox length on a move doesn't make it objectively worse? Nice. I said even if it was slightly worse, it's still objectively worse. If it was such a minuscule change and hardly noticeable, then why ****ing change it?

I know that spacies were nerfed, hence why I didn't say that they had invincibility on their shines when making my above statement. Apples and oranges. I don't give a damn about the general link buff, I'm saying there wasn't really a legitimate reason to remove that aspect of the hitbox when it wasn't causing any issues. It didn't balance out any bonuses he got, it was just taken for nary a legitimate reason or purpose. Seriously, how many extra frames was it actually out and was it really that big an issue?
No, I'm not arguing that it's not objectively worse, I'm saying the move is still so good that the point is almost negligible, you are asking why was it changed at all then and I'm telling you it was for polish, the same reason other hitboxes he had were changed.

And on the subject of being counter-intuitive, do you think it's intuitive to have his grab miss if the opponent is a pixel above the ground? Why are things not being held to equal standards?
Because being able to grab out of the air is a huge balance/enjoyment factor concern so more thought needs to go into the risk/rewards of polish vs balance. I personally think Link SHOULD be able to grab out of the air, but I'm not the only one designing him and I was alone in this thought even though I argued essays about it. Some standards have to be deviated from for various reasons even though we don't often enjoy doing it.

Yes. 2.5 link is worse than 2.6 link. But you're neglecting the fact that his nair was not the only thing to change. Now YOUR point is made out of ignorance. You can't disregard every single other change simply to make a faulty point. There's a fallacy for that and if I remembered the name I'd call you out on it further. Obviously you know I meant if you take two versions of Link whose other properties are exactly the same and give one the lingering Nair, that one will be objectively better. Thanks for not even trying to think about what I said. Thanks a ton. Faulty logic is faulty and I'm glad to just be disregarded and to have my "bad" logic shot down by even worse logic. I understand you hold the authoritative edge in this debate, but seriously dude.
Uh..what? I was trying to point out how tunnel visioned you were being by only focusing on one move as opposed to changes to the entire moveset and how changes to the entire moveset could affect said move. Yes, old nair was a little better, but link doesn't need it with all the changes he got, I would much rather his hitboxes be consistent with their animations.

I'm not even really trying to create a huge argument over this. It's not worth the time of either of us. I just found a flaw in the reasoning and I felt like pointing it out. Do with it what you will. Disregard, pull a veil over your eyes, justify it in any way that you wish. It was completely unnecessary in my eyes and now I've gotten that across. So whatever.
So...you are nitpicking.

Top Bottom