• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Oh yeah do we have someone that can record replays? Would like to try get a vid of me for critique.
Several people can record replays, but there appears to be no way to share replays with other people yet.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Oh yeah do we have someone that can record replays? Would like to try get a vid of me for critique.
Yeah, Zane and I have offered so far, but like doomfire said, there isn't a way to share replays atm. According to the smash bros direct, they're currently working on the service to share replays with friends, so we'll be able to in due time.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I hope we can upload our matches directly to YouTube like in MarioKart8 with the highlights.
Also, can't wait for the online tournament mode and the Miiverse stage. Would be awesome to just enter a tournament and destroy everyone with Link. :p

Demacrez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Demacrez
3DS FC
3583-0929-3994
From what I've heard the MU is a lot better than it was in Brawl. Not that a bad MU ever stopped me in Brawl anyway :smirk: I hope your Link gave him hell :pimp:
I wish I could say that proudly but alas, I cannot. He humiliated me since I took him lightly both times. I am forever a disgrace to the name Link.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Judging by what you said, "lightly" is an understatement.
Tip: Just wait for the Gordo to come out and send it back at him. That's literally all you gotta do.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I wish I could say that proudly but alas, I cannot. He humiliated me since I took him lightly both times. I am forever a disgrace to the name Link.
You're a disgrace, remove yourself from my sight.

Judging by what you said, "lightly" is an understatement.
Tip: Just wait for the Gordo to come out and send it back at him. That's literally all you gotta do.
If that's all you do and win, you're playing some damn scrubby D3s.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
^Goron pony? NOPE. Everything else about it is absolutely perfect. :)

In about six-eight hours, you guys will all see that Yellow Link is the best Link. There's a reason I feel "entitled" to this, and you will eventually see why. Expect the unexpected.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Hey so you remember how we all agreed to call the very next bomb tech the F-bomb?
I noticed that running off the edge of a platform or stage and pulling a bomb at the right time gives you a small momentum boost similar to boomerang gliding. (must be a run, not a dash, so get some room for a run-up first. It's all about the timing of the bomb pull. If done correctly you'll have visibly more momentum than your normal drift.)
I'm sorry to say, but it's more noticeable with toon, but Link can definitely do it too.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
That is nice...but I have three peeves with it. For me, one, Ponyndorf looks like a dog more than a Pony, Naboony looks like a fox, and Ponink looks like a rule 63 (which isn't in itself bad, the best Link cosplays I've ever seen were made by women).

^Goron pony? NOPE. Everything else about it is absolutely perfect. :)

In about six-eight hours, you guys will all see that Yellow Link is the best Link. There's a reason I feel "entitled" to this, and you will eventually see why. Expect the unexpected.
If it's a combo video of you vs FG scrubs I'll mock and flame you till you cry yourself to sleep, even if it's noon.

Hey so you remember how we all agreed to call the very next bomb tech the F-bomb?
I noticed that running off the edge of a platform or stage and pulling a bomb at the right time gives you a small momentum boost similar to boomerang gliding. (must be a run, not a dash, so get some room for a run-up first. It's all about the timing of the bomb pull. If done correctly you'll have visibly more momentum than your normal drift.)
I'm sorry to say, but it's more noticeable with gay, but Link can definitely do it too.
Zelkam already mentioned something about a double explosion bomb tech or something like that. Basically you regrab the bomb the moment it explodes and it duplicates so you can instantly throw it again. He said he also got it from visiting Gayland. Which one will be the F-bomb? Also, he did make a pretty good point about why this one should be the F-bomb, F fo Fantasm.

Why are the Gay mains beating us in finding techs? Does anyone in here lab gameplay anymore trying to push the meta and finding new techs?

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh I must have missed Zelkam's post. When I suggested that the next tech be called the F-bomb, I'm pretty sure that was well after the tech he mentioned had been discovered. Mota discovered it. And I just found that recent one, and I'm clearly a Fox main XD. The one that Mota discovered I wanted to call the Phoenix Bomb because of the way I believe it works, i.e. it's the exact same bomb that comes back to life from within the blazing blast of its former life, but none of the toon mains listened.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
but none of the gay mains listened.
Doesn't surprise me at all. To be expect even.

But I support you, since it make more sense than phantasm. So, Phoenix bomb until Sakurai patches it out?

By the way, what could be the use of both techs? The phoenix bomb seemed extremely situational to me, to the point of being practically useless.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
The Phoenix Bomb isn't something that you can plan to do necessarily because it depends to a large degree on what the opponent is doing, which you can't directly control. It's more something to be aware of and notice when it happens so that you take advantage of it.
The F-bomb is purely a mobility tech. Little things here and there to make you more mobile always come in handy and tend to add up.
The vast majority of techs are useless, and they tend to be the only ones left in.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
The vast majority of techs are useless, and they tend to be the only ones left in.
That is precisely why they are left in, because they don't affect gameplay nor the balance that the devs had in mind when they designed the game.

Could you provide a video of your F-Bomb?

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
@ Scabe Scabe are you gonna be active in the ACT scene for Sm4sh?

Also hi, first post here, I'm mostly a lurker but I was a Link main for most of Brawl's lifespan. ps rei >>>>>> asuka

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Also hi, first post here, I'm mostly a lurker but I was a Link main for most of Brawl's lifespan.
Welcome. Hope you don't lurk as much, and if you mained Link why do you have a jiggz icon there?

ps rei >>>>>> asuka
Hey, if you like to play with dolls that's your thing. Me? I prefer actual women with personality.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
That is precisely why they are left in, because they don't affect gameplay nor the balance that the devs had in mind when they designed the game.

Could you provide a video of your F-Bomb?
Exactly. What we end up with is a whole bunch of little silly things such that it doesn't mater all that much if you know them or not. It's just a matter of stylin at that point. And you know what? I'm ok with that. So long as I have something to play with.
And no, I don't do vids. I do explanations and descriptions.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Exactly. What we end up with is a whole bunch of little silly things such that it doesn't mater all that much if you know them or not. It's just a matter of stylin at that point. And you know what? I'm ok with that. So long as I have something to play with.
I agree with you. I'll take a well designed and balanced game over any glitch based AT any day. Also, I've never been much for stylin. I'd rather be effective than flashy.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Expect the unexpected.
Well, I'll admit it was unexpected in that you uploaded videos of you losing. I must point out though that your titles are wrong. Those are actually pretty average fights, nothing too special about them. Also, I haven't seen many top Robins, but she/he doesn't seem awesome, just decent.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Well, I'll admit it was unexpected in that you uploaded videos of you losing. I must point out though that your titles are wrong. Those are actually pretty average fights, nothing too special about them. Also, I haven't seen many top Robins, but she/he doesn't seem awesome, just decent.
First off, I'm not the person to just blatantly lie about my matches and say I win them all. Especially if they're this good. The title fits these matches pretty well, arguably more so than my other "Featured Battles." Also, I believe in the matches I uploaded, I won 3 of the 5 Robin matches. Make sure you watch ALL of them.
Second, define your "average" fight. Wait, scratch that, define "high-level" play.
Third, I believe this guy is pretty good compared to all the other Robin and Falco players I've fought. His matches come up in the "suggested videos" part, so that must mean something, right?

Finally, Idk if i totally missed something in what you said, and if I did, I'm sorry. I'm just extremely opposed to everything you said. Stuff like this isn't very common where I'm at, so this is a pretty big step for me.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
First off, I'm not the person to just blatantly lie about my matches and say I win them all. Especially if they're this good. The title fits these matches pretty well, arguably more so than my other "Featured Battles." Also, I believe in the matches I uploaded, I won 3 of the 5 Robin matches. Make sure you watch ALL of them.
Second, define your "average" fight. Wait, scratch that, define "high-level" play.
Third, I believe this guy is pretty good compared to all the other Robin and Falco players I've fought. His matches come up in the "suggested videos" part, so that must mean something, right?

Finally, Idk if i totally missed something in what you said, and if I did, I'm sorry. I'm just extremely opposed to everything you said. Stuff like this isn't very common where I'm at, so this is a pretty big step for me.
Ooooh, it sounds as if I finally managed to hit a nerve. Now that's exciting. I should've guessed that the chink in your armor would be that overblown ego of yours related to your skills in Smash.

One, I never said that you lie about your matches nor implied that you win all of them, I simply said that I didn't expect you to upload matches of you losing since you never did before now.
Second, they are not that good, they are average.
Third, your other "Featured Battles" are no point of comparison because you don't have any "featured" battles. You have videos you shared here just like everybody else, not better, not worse. Average.
Fourth, Who told you I didn't watch all of them? Where did you get that idea from because I didn't insinuate a thing about watching them all or not.
Fifth, average fight would be what any semi competent non scrub is capable of doing. You, me, most people in these boards probably.
Sixth, High level is what you see from Kirin, Legan, NinjaLink, and other top players who define the scene by actually being someone and placing in major national tournaments. We have matches by them int he video section. Have you watched them? Can you honestly say that when you watch Kirin's or NinjaLink's or heck, even Legan's (who was playing the game for the first time apparently and he was still better than most of us) gameplay you think "Yup, that's totally me, I'm that good"?
Seventh, most of the people you play are FG scrubs and heroes. They're nothing. If you're a semi competent payer it's not hard to have an over bloated win ration in FG.
Eighth, read that well, I said most, not all. Don't let that boiling feeling rising in your stomach cloud your reading skills.
Ninth, no, the fact that they come up in the suggested part means squat. It simply means that his videos are sufficiently related to yours as to be suggested to people watching your videos. Possibly, that he has many views. Youtube does not discriminate talent nor skill when suggesting videos.
Tenth, realize this is for your own good. Your starting to go CoH on the boards, or even worse, an Izawmbie.

At least you can feel special about something unique: I used word numbers instead of the numerical ones. At least that puts you in a different category from the rest.

Drunken_Master

Smash Apprentice
The Phoenix Bomb isn't something that you can plan to do necessarily because it depends to a large degree on what the opponent is doing, which you can't directly control. It's more something to be aware of and notice when it happens so that you take advantage of it.
The F-bomb is purely a mobility tech. Little things here and there to make you more mobile always come in handy and tend to add up.
I can actually see use for F bombing with meteor bombs.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I can actually see use for F bombing with meteor bombs.
That is true, I hadn't thought of that since I haven't played with them for so long. That could lead to some very early kills since you do it in the ledge and drop them immediately. Just drop the F-bomb and send them to hell.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Ooooh, it sounds as if I finally managed to hit a nerve. Now that's exciting. I should've guessed that the chink in your armor would be that overblown ego of yours related to your skills in Smash.

One, I never said that you lie about your matches nor implied that you win all of them, I simply said that I didn't expect you to upload matches of you losing since you never did before now.
Second, they are not that good, they are average.
Third, your other "Featured Battles" are no point of comparison because you don't have any "featured" battles. You have videos you shared here just like everybody else, not better, not worse. Average.
Fourth, Who told you I didn't watch all of them? Where did you get that idea from because I didn't insinuate a thing about watching them all or not.
Fifth, average fight would be what any semi competent non scrub is capable of doing. You, me, most people in these boards probably.
Sixth, High level is what you see from Kirin, Legan, NinjaLink, and other top players who define the scene by actually being someone and placing in major national tournaments. We have matches by them int he video section. Have you watched them? Can you honestly say that when you watch Kirin's or NinjaLink's or heck, even Legan's (who was playing the game for the first time apparently and he was still better than most of us) gameplay you think "Yup, that's totally me, I'm that good"?
Seventh, most of the people you play are FG scrubs and heroes. They're nothing. If you're a semi competent payer it's not hard to have an over bloated win ration in FG.
Eighth, read that well, I said most, not all. Don't let that boiling feeling rising in your stomach cloud your reading skills.
Ninth, no, the fact that they come up in the suggested part means squat. It simply means that his videos are sufficiently related to yours as to be suggested to people watching your videos. Possibly, that he has many views. Youtube does not discriminate talent nor skill when suggesting videos.
Tenth, realize this is for your own good. Your starting to go CoH on the boards, or even worse, an Izawmbie.

At least you can feel special about something unique: I used word numbers instead of the numerical ones. At least that puts you in a different category from the rest.
Figured. Forgive me for my rashness. You indeed struck a nerve, so i went into "defense mode."

I've seen those tourney vids with Link, and they all are pretty sick. Kirin's Link is probably the best I've seen yet, so i look up to him. Smash3ds FG absolutely sucks now, but although my chances of finding competent players have dropped considerably, I still come across them. I measure my skill from those matches, so my interpretation is different from yours. The Rio Grande Valley isn't usually known for bringing forth highly competitive smashers. So again, forgive me for my rashness.

I'm pretty excited for the link ditto tournament. Good chance to see how good my Smash3ds Link is against everyone else's before I get the WiiU version for Christmas. When will it start?

Last edited:
Top Bottom