• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link Pwns. End of Story.

D

Deleted member

*waits for some noob to ask so aurashade will flame them*

DD151

Smash Journeyman
My compliments to your grammar teacher, they taught you well.
i find this statement rather ironic, considering that the comma is improperly used and that you refer to a singular noun with a plural subject.

i don't know why people who only registered in the past two months are providing their expert opinions on the game, citing evidence from random wifi matches as proof of link's superiority over the rest of the brawl cast.

Zeik188

Smash Cadet
My only thing about links "Camping game is this" Sure, Link's sheild has 0 lag time time, infact, you dont even have to do anything. But With the Reflecters, they come out fast enough to reflect the arrow's, bombs, and Boomerang. I may not be able to hit you with lasers, but then again, you cant hit me with any of your long range junk either.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
omg...thankyou. I've been arguing this with my teammate...and now i'm gona show him this post.

bair doesn't have combo ability....
what a bunch of bull****...
lol.
I'm sorry, but since his bair has MORE knockback, wouldn't that mean it has LESS combo ability?
I fail to see your reasoning and refuse to believe it unless I am showed evidence of said combo ability. Thank you.

Ganny

Smash Journeyman
My only thing about links "Camping game is this" Sure, Link's sheild has 0 lag time time, infact, you dont even have to do anything. But With the Reflecters, they come out fast enough to reflect the arrow's, bombs, and Boomerang. I may not be able to hit you with lasers, but then again, you cant hit me with any of your long range junk either.
Can't dodge a bomb at the feet, it doesn't reflect

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
i find this statement rather ironic, considering that the comma is improperly used and that you refer to a singular noun with a plural subject.

i don't know why people who only registered in the past two months are providing their expert opinions on the game, citing evidence from random wifi matches as proof of link's superiority over the rest of the brawl cast.
I find that statement rather funny, because you are arguing about proper grammer and spelling on an intenet forum...

And if you are going to be one of those noobs who thik post count and join date have real meaning here, you are no better than the ones you accuse.
Go look up Lightshade and Thrilla before you open your mouth again about who's an expert at what.

TL > Link, bair owns anything Link can do, deal with it and prove me wrong....

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
I find that statement rather funny, because you are arguing about proper grammer and spelling on an intenet forum...

And if you are going to be one of those noobs who thik post count and join date have real meaning here, you are no better than the ones you accuse.
Go look up Lightshade and Thrilla before you open your mouth again about who's an expert at what.

TL > Link, bair owns anything Link can do, deal with it and prove me wrong....
Umm....I WILL deal with it, and I will NOT prove you wrong because it's true?

WestCoastNinja

Smash Cadet
I dont care how much Link pwn's I will never use him outside of classic and sse. That's just my preference. MK is the only sword guy I like.

Realizer

Smash Rookie
Oh skler, you obviously don't know what you are talking about. Ur probably some scrub at melee who thought he was good, and now thinks he's good at brawl....

oh wait...that's every one else in the thread...never mind.

@Ganny--I'm assuming wind walking has something to do with the boomerang's new dragging property....?

Disclaimer: I don't think you are all scrubs. I just think you should post less, play more, play better people.
You're kidding, right?

Skler has one of the best Melee Links out there.

Back on topic, IMO he's around mid-tier. Zair and Bow can reduce some of his lag and he has a good Dash attack cancel for some mobility. However, he's still laggy has hell and he has garbage recovery.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Realizer: Lurk moar, talk less.

Or learn to read. Both of those will answer the question.

People, let this thread die. If you really want a Link Rocks thread, keep it one thread. You don't really need more, do you?

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Realizer: I'm saying I know Skler is good. For ***s sake,don't assume I'm an uninformed.

No hard feelings.

Oh, and the "stop with the link rocks threads" wasn't directed at you--in general, I was saying we should keep the noise in one thread, so that when people look at the sub-forum they can actually get the info they need without sorting through tons of **** threads.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
I'm so glad he looks at your name St. Veirs...

Not like you don't show up in any of skler's matches or anything....

St. Viers

Smash Champion
I'm not. I'm just in matches with tons of people he has played. I haven't been seeded against him in the couple of tournies I've managed to get to.

blazingIKE33

Smash Cadet
link is kinda hard to use due to his lack of aerial mobility, speed, good recovery and a fast fall. even though his attacks are superb, he is still a more of a beginner character.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
link is kinda hard to use due to his lack of aerial mobility, speed, good recovery and a fast fall. even though his attacks are superb, he is still a more of a beginner character.
....Doesn't everything you described mean that ISN'T a beginner character? Because he isn't. You show me a noob that can win with link, and I'll show you a game that isn't from the Smash Bros. series :p

Skler

Smash Master
Link isn't hard to learn or anything, certainly no harder than any other character, he just isn't good. Anyways, people need to stop debating whether Link is good or not (Protip: He isn't) and start figuring out what his weaknesses and strengths are in order to use him to his full potential.

Top Bottom