• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link combo video (Edit: Whirlwind of Mayhem)

Kazidoom

Smash Rookie

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
How to make a cooler combo vid:

1: Introduce yourself at the beginning, before to show your footage.

2: I got rid of the fade out at the end of every clip. Try to get creative with this.

3: Quality is something really important. For people who care, you should have an high quality version that people can download.

4: Music always been a hard choice. However, band musics like slipknot or linkin park or any other less-popular music (like yours) are often loved only by the person who makes the combo vid.

5: Having new combos that no one saw yet is a good thing for a good music video.

6: Syncing the video with the music = sucess

7: Always make credits at the end of your video.

8: The coolest combo videos always have something different from the others. Use your creativity and it'll work!

Smash Master
Good use of the bair. I liked the music. It was fun to watch.

Kazidoom

Smash Rookie
How to make a cooler combo vid:

1: Introduce yourself at the beginning, before to show your footage.

2: I got rid of the fade out at the end of every clip. Try to get creative with this.

3: Quality is something really important. For people who care, you should have an high quality version that people can download.

4: Music always been a hard choice. However, band musics like slipknot or linkin park or any other less-popular music (like yours) are often loved only by the person who makes the combo vid.

5: Having new combos that no one saw yet is a good thing for a good music video.

6: Syncing the video with the music = sucess

7: Always make credits at the end of your video.

8: The coolest combo videos always have something different from the others. Use your creativity and it'll work!
1. I thought about it. Is it possible with Windows Movie Maker? (I'm guessing yes but I don't know how to)

2. Something to keep in mind for my next video then.

3. Will do.

4. I have some better music but "I Stand Alone" happened to be the same length as my vid. Erm, mind telling me how to cut music?

5. Did I do that with this video? I've watched a few Link vids and changed my playstyle in certain ways over time but I think a few things were original.

6. That'll be much easier if I can cut music. I have a couple songs in mind...

7. Heh, see 1.

8. Something else to remember. Need footage of something really original...

Thanks for the advice and I'm glad people enjoyed the vid.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
I forgot, it's cool to give a name to your combo video :laugh:

1. Yes, look in the "Task" bar. You'll find everything you need to make an intro and a credits.

4: The same way as you cut the footage

5: You got some cool footage for a first time =)

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
You definately have the skill, although you can't put out a combo video and ask for critique. It just.. Doesn't work. I like your Link, and like Wak said, you did get some amazing footage.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Something about the moosic. Well, hardcore metal often takes time to get used to and usually doesnt work (aka- the last half of soldier of fortune). For some reason, also rap and "crunk" (controversy over "you got shiz'd on"...snoop's good for me tho'). Hmm. Yet when you mix them together(the bombs over bahgdad remix) people love it. This could use some reasearch.

OcRemixes are most of the time good. And techno...for some reason, its really compatible. Still cant get enough of dancefloor hardcore.

Kazidoom

Smash Rookie
I forgot, it's cool to give a name to your combo video :laugh:

1. Yes, look in the "Task" bar. You'll find everything you need to make an intro and a credits.

4: The same way as you cut the footage

5: You got some cool footage for a first time =)
I'm horrible at thinking of names. :ohwell: Anyone want to name my video? :chuckle:

1. Great, I'll get to work on v. 2 soon.

4. *Clicks on audio/music and cuts the music* I'm so stupid. I thought the button only worked for cutting images. >_>;

5. Woot. :)

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
In order to deserve a name, your video is going to have to be longer, and have a lot better quality footage. Ask around and get tips as to how you can improve your video.

NyTeStRiDeR

Smash Apprentice
I just watched the 2nd video. The player you are playing against does not seem very good. Your opponent does not DI very well and when he/she does, they are DIing/walking towards your attacks most of the time. There was one very obvious teched missed at the beginning of the video. Many times where your opponent rolled into your attacks. They should work on their recovery (ex:aiming for the edge). The slow-moed parts were really unnecessary. What occured in those parts were not really that special, at least not to me, but it is your video so whatever. I'm not trying to diss your video or anything, I am just telling you what I think of the video like you asked.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Keep it up! I clearly saw a better editing in your remake.

Some other things I forgot to mention:

1. Try to never put two clips in a row in the same stage. Like, if you put a FD clip, try to have the next clip in ... yoshi story or DL64? This way, the viewer doesn't get rid as fast of the video.

2. Try to put your average footage at the beginning, then your best footage at the end.
Hint: If a part in the song you chose becomes better suddently (let's say) at 2:03. You put an awesome clip at this moment, synched with the tempo, and you suceed at editing a video :laugh:

3. I didn't see you do this, but I'll say it anyway. Never have a clip too long.

Kazidoom

Smash Rookie
I thought the first two slow-mo parts were useful so you could see better but yeah, I guess you are right about the third, it's not needed. I think I'll get rid of it in v.3 of the vid. Which will be soon since Wak keeps giving me good advice to improve. Thanks man. But couldn't you post it all at once? I'm going to make and upload at least 5 versions of the same vid at this rate. :laugh: Oh, and your right that I'm not playing against good people, it's all clips from matches I recorded during family reunions. My cousins aren't very good but it's better then combos against CPUs. I'll be moving to London in a few months though so I'll find better people to play there.

Top Bottom