• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I agree completely. However, I wouldn't want them digging too deep into the lore and just straight tell us everything. The fact that there truly is a vast amount of mystery in the LoZ lore makes it that much more incredible. All these theories that have been created over time is what makes the series so huge. Each game has been nitpicking at certain pieces of lore over time while placing easter eggs in so many places within the game. Especially seen in recent titles. The best part is some are actually physically told to us and yet it can be totally looked over.

You are entitled to your opinion.
Kinda surprised no one brought this up, but I'm surprised no one mentioned Minish Cap, with it introducing the birth of the Four Sword, how Vaati came to being (and how he became one of the best villains in the series), all the while introducing a new race of people, the Minish. There's no telling what kind of influence they had on Hyrule as they had just begun its colonization and new races were just then finding its way into Hyrule, such as the gorons.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Kinda surprised no one brought this up, but I'm surprised no one mentioned Minish Cap,
I'd like a LoZ game that focus more on mystery, legends and the ancient deities/monsters of Hyrule and other lands. There are many mysterious things in the LoZ games that barely had the surface scratched like: [...] the piccori,
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

vzxt

Smash Rookie
NNID
Victor.ZXT
3DS FC
1349-5699-5824
Hi is there a Link Skype chat?

Sorry if this is not the place to post this.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
LTTP one trumps all. Killed Ganon twice, as well as Twinrova, Onox, and Veran.

Then on his way back home, he saves the whaley god of wind from the pure manifestation of Darkness (Dethl, aka Nightmare) with a sword that was supposedly made out of seashells and a boomerang.

Ultimate badass.

OoT Link failed in one timeline.

Then LTTP had to pick up the slack.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Just got back from watching Pixels, was pretty alright. Just can't seem to understand the hate with Sandler's movies as of late, with Cobbler, the movie he did before this one, being panned despite me and other friends of mine liking it.

By all objective standards the best Link is the first one to place first at evo. So you all had better get the **** to work.

Last edited:

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
Today was an important tournament in my city. I played better against the Luigi, but the level of the tournament was higher than other times. I got third place, winning easy against my brother and other important players, but losing 2-1 against the Luigi and later 3-0 against a very good Mario in loser final. More details later...

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Everyone Nintendodojo ladder is up and running If anyone cares.
Whats that?
Today was an important tournament in my city. I played better against the Luigi, but the level of the tournament was higher than other times. I got third place, winning easy against my brother and other important players, but losing 2-1 against the Luigi and later 3-0 against a very good Mario in loser final. More details later...
Good job man.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Also, this isn't an opinion, this is fact, using numbers, statistics, lore, and facts we already know. I have shown that all.
A great case could be made for MM Link, as @ The Merc The Merc uses actual facts(mostly) to back up his claims, while still keeping keeping true to the numbers instead of making broad statements whilst ignoring everything else.
Speaking of him
I have counterarguments
1. Well, it isn't in HH, but here is the thought process behind it.
First off, MM link doesn't know any sword techniques in MM.
We know there was a great war in between OOT and TP, and we also know Link loses an eye.
He probably mastered these as he trained and grew old, having a family as well that were the ancestors to TP Link.

2. ALttP Link could easily just wait on land until Zora link comes out, that right there is a stalemate.

3. In a fight like this, I wouldn't worry about Fairies(or Faeries in ALttP's case). They don't provide as much health as potions. And they don't restore magic.

4. Yup

5. Pretty much any character from HW would win anything honestly.....

6. The Ocarina is an interesting concept... Yet I don't think it will help that much. Even if the goddess of time was still with Link, I don't think it will accomplish much. Yeah, Link could go back in time. But what good would that do? That would just restart the fight and leave MM Link with no arrows, rupees, potions, bombs, as well. Slowing down time is useless, as that just slows down the day, not characters. Otherwise enemies would have moved at half speed. Unless I am missing something... The OoT would be pretty useless in a fight like this.

Though on another note, I just want to say that ALttP Link's ocarina is pretty badass though. It calls on a dead cuccoo to carry Link and make him fly lol.

1. Oh, okay. I understand now. Also, on a side note, I watched that video you suggested and dear Naga, I nearly cried from it.

2. True, true.

3. I guess that's fair enough. Though if we were to add them, Young link would win in that account since his fairies full heal him, even if he dies.

6. i was think more him using songs such as Epona's Song ( we also forgot about epona!) and his wrapping songs. Plus, every time he use the Ocarina, time freezes for him to play it XD

Also, just to cover something @Himura Kenshin said, what about some of Young Link masks, like the stone mask and Bomb Mask? Wouldn't they help him out a little?

Lozjam

Smash Champion
1. Oh, okay. I understand now. Also, on a side note, I watched that video you suggested and dear Naga, I nearly cried from it.

2. True, true.

3. I guess that's fair enough. Though if we were to add them, Young link would win in that account since his fairies full heal him, even if he dies.

6. i was think more him using songs such as Epona's Song ( we also forgot about epona!) and his wrapping songs. Plus, every time he use the Ocarina, time freezes for him to play it XD

Also, just to cover something @Himura Kenshin said, what about some of Young Link masks, like the stone mask and Bomb Mask? Wouldn't they help him out a little?
Fairies in MM only restore 6 hearts I'm pretty sure. So they would be the worse option. If it does restore all hearts, then yeah, it would be the best option for MM Link.

Ah yes, we did forget about Epona... The only problem is that Link cannot fight on horseback(with the exception of using arrows). I don't see how that is useful.
Also, ALttP Link can warp with his Ocarina too.

Bomb mask, it really isn't useful. It will do 1/4 a heart at the very most and Link can't use his sword.
As for Stone Mask. I don't think it would be effective against Link. In MM all the bosses can see MM Link despite wearing the mask.

Sigh... Aonuma is killing Ganondorf by not sharing Zelda U information..... Ganondorf is very angry.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I just won a tournament in a mall lol, it was great. Finals were played on this huge screen with a sizable audience and a commentator to boot (pretty nice to hear someone shouting about Link in Sm4sh in a microphone):

(Sixteen people I think, nothing big)

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Ha I wanted a photo of the victory screen with Link triumphantly holding up his sword with Sheik clapping at the side but they ditched the screen while I was accepting the prize :sadeyes:

FSK

Smash Ace

congrats Cyner on making the power ranking in smash 4 :p Where you at in melee though?

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
In reply to the arguing a few pages back, Fierce Deity Link is by far the most powerful form of Link, obviously. Ganondorf is a joke compared to him.

I'll be asking for a few matches in a little while.

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
Due to the result thread seems to be dead, here is the result of my last tournament in detail:

Battlefield Tournament - July, 25th, 2015: Drigo Toes :4link: 3/31
Places with chars used:
1: OZN/Tales - Luigi
2: OZN/Zeta - Mario
3: B2G/DrigoToes - Link
4: OZN/Kross - Ness/Villager
5: B2g/Sato - C. Falcon/Fox
5: NT/EF/1412 - Lucas/Ness
7: OZN/Sho - Rosalina/Mii
7: Zaga - Yoshi
9: B2G/Rod - Villager/Diddy
9: OZN/Fer - Sheik
9: B2G/Bratu
9: Mark - Roy/Rob
13: OZN/Ivy - Rosalina/Sonic
13: OZN/ZeKe
13: OZN/Kant - Luigi
13: B2G/Brew
17: B2G/Renja-Z - Mario
17: B2G/Chrono - Sheik
17: Negro
17: OZN/Pipeshu - Pikachu
17: Felo
17: B2G/Spectrol
17: Aiko
17: GPU - Ganon
25: B2G/fainal
25: Chris-Chris
25: Neopol
25: DkC/Exe
25: Megas
25: Sebah
25: B2G/Neutral

Also, I won the double tournament with my brother... i used Link and Kirby, and my brother's C. Falcon and Fox.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Went to my first sizable tournament and didn't get out of my pool. Nerves got to me but all my matches were close. Also I've learned my best stage is lylat

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Went to my first sizable tournament and didn't get out of my pool. Nerves got to me but all my matches were close. Also I've learned my best stage is lylat
How do you move around on lylat? Its my worst stage because It keeps wobbling and the 3 platforms are hard to traverse. Also The recovering part kills me. You know how the bottom is almost flat like? My Link, Pit and ZSS always get caught beneath the stage instead of grabbing the ledge.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Back in the day someone recommended I counterpick Lylat against a Villager (he'd won game 1 against my Ganondorf, man that MU is silly), and this lulzy thing happened. I still CP it against Villagers -- especially in teams when Cat's MK.

LoZ-Girl

Banned via Warnings
Hey guys! I'm a Link fan from Ireland were I attend weeklies and I just returned from one and someone there had played someone from the boards who said I should come here. So, hi :3

I'm going to read the rules now since you guys seem to really want people to read them xD

Last edited:

Be_Mild

Livin' life on the mild side
NNID
BeMild
3DS FC
1676-4317-5374
Hey guys! I'm a Link fan from Ireland were I attend weeklies and I just returned from one and someone there had played someone from the boards who said I should come here. So, hi :3

I'm going to read the rules now since you guys seem to really want people to read them xD
I prefer when people don't read them. popcorn.jpg

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight

You've arrived at the right time, as I finished my new introduction the Link boards not too long ago:

Last edited:

FSK

Smash Ace
We should have a flame binge once in a while. We hide the rules thread and wait for our victims :)

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
We should have a flame binge once in a while. We hide the rules thread and wait for our victims :)
My god FSK, you're brilliant.

You've arrived at the right time, as I finished my new introduction the Link boards not too long ago:

This video man. Good job DF, you make us proud.

@ L LoZ-Girl Welcome to the Link Boards. You'll do good in reading the rules and hanging out in social for a bit. We're not as bad as it may seem though, we're actually much worse. In any case, it'll be good to have another resident female player. DF knows Cat gets lonely once in a while.

Last edited:
Top Bottom