• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I only have the 3DS version. D:
Doesn't matter. I't be really awesome to see your clip regardless of console.

EDIT: I really hope F-Zero gets something at e3. It's the 25th anniversary for F-Zero and with Mario Kart 8's DLC, there just HAS to be something for F-Zero.

Last edited:

ama99

Smash Journeyman
All they need to do is show one 30 sec clip of Zelda and they win E3...

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Lol that Starfox developer made me happy, he was so cute and enthusiastic, d'aaaw.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
The new Fire Emblem holy chit, that music... "My favorite style of music? Ah yes sire glad you asked, I prefer heavily auto-tuned squeeming by underage Japanese girls set to annoying techno beats. I believe it to be the pinnacle of eastern music. Not like you fools with your narrow western vision would understand the sublimity!" Holy **** wtf are they doing with FE, it's like it's getting more and more weaboo-ish by the game.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Thoughts on E3:

WTF is with the muppet presentation?

Alright, we finally see the next Starfox! :awesome:

Amiibo:
Nintendo's latest cash grab expanded!

Skylanders:
Meh, never got into these.

Mario Maker looks cool but isn't high on my wish list. Kaizo incoming!

Triforce heroes:
Great another multiplayer style game when all of my friends are too old for that kind of thing. I'm actually glad Toon Link was created so Link doesn't have to suffer the humiliation of being dressed up in games like this. :ohwell:

Hyrule Warriors Legends:
Why do people like these games on small screens? :confused:

MP Federation Force:
I don't have a 3DS. This isn't the MP return I was hoping for. :ohwell:

Fire Emblem
I'm going to get flamed but I find FE games stupid in terms of story telling :facepalm:

Xenoblade CX **** yeah :awesome:! Too bad I have to wait until 12/4/15 :cry:

Animal Crossing
Never got into this.

Yoshi WW
This could be fun but I hope it's challenging enough (unlike recent Kirby games).

Mario & Luigi, Paper Jam
Notice how Mario RPGs have gotten progressively trippier? Way to bring out the multiverse big N. That said, if I had a 3DS I might get this.

Mario Tennis
I never really care about these.

Overall:
A bit disappointing. No F Zero or Wii U Metroid. I knew Zelda wouldn't show but it still sucks. Starfox is the only newly introduced game I'm excited for.

Last edited:

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
Thoughts on E3:

WTF is with the muppet presentation?

Alright, we finally see the next Starfox! :awesome:

Amiibo:
Nintendo's latest cash grab expanded!

Skylanders:
Meh, never got into these.

Mario Maker looks cool but isn't high on my wish list. Kaizo incoming!

Triforce heroes:
Great another multiplayer style game when all of my friends are too old for that kind of thing. I'm actually glad Toon Link was created so Link doesn't have to suffer the humiliation of being dressed up in games like this. :ohwell:

Hyrule Warriors Legends:
Why do people like these games on small screens? :confused:

MP Federation Force:
I don't have a 3DS. This isn't the MP return I was hoping for. :ohwell:

Fire Emblem
I'm going to get flamed but I find FE games stupid in terms of story telling :facepalm:

Xenoblade CX **** yeah :awesome:! Too bad I have to wait until 12/4/15 :cry:

Animal Crossing
Never got into this.

Yoshi WW
This could be fun but I hope it's challenging enough (unlike recent Kirby games).

Notice how Mario RPGs have gotten progressively trippier? Way to bring out the multiverse big N. That said, if I had a 3DS I might get this.

Mario Tennis
I never really care about these.

Overall:
A bit disappointing. No F Zero or Wii U Metroid. I knew Zelda wouldn't show but it still sucks. Starfox is the only newly introduced game I'm excited for.

Fire Emblem Fate looks actually really good, but SMT x FE even makes my inner weeb squirm in discomfort
Starfox and Xenoblade both still look hype
Zelda 3/4 Swords looks fun too, except you'd probably need 2 friends to play, unless you rather play with brain-dead randoms or puppets
Metroid for the 3DS, not sure how I feel about it actually

Last edited:

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
lmfao that was awful, the one guy who was used twice to talk over Japanese developers sounded hilarious though -- it was like he was whispering so that his mother wouldn't hear him. "Shut up mom, I'm recording voice-overs for Nintendo!"

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Talk about disappointing. No Wii U Metroid, no showcase of Fatal Frame or Devil's Third, the only partnership they announced was with f***ing Skylanders and me personally knew about most of the stuff shown.

What sets me up a wall though was the fact that F-Zero didn't get even a mention AT ALL. It's the 25th ANNIVERSARY for F-Zero yet they focus way more on Animal Crossing. CHIBI-ROBO is more relevant than F-Zero because at least it got two games in the past 2-3 years. The fact they have not even mentioned F-Zero at all just seals that Nintendo does not care about F-Zero at all, and pretty much convinced me that Mario Kart 8 is slowly but surely killing F-Zero.

There was good stuff though: Star Fox, Fire Emblem Fates, SMT X FE, Xenoblade & Mario & Luigi X Paper Mario. This was really disappointing for me, they really could have shown more.

Last edited:

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
On the bright side, we have yet to see what Retro studios is developing, as Metroid Federation is being developed by another studio.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
The Zelda & Metroid 3DS games REALLY should have been Nintendo Direct announcements, not E3 announcements. E3 announcements are akin to: Wii U Metroid, New F-Zero, Wii U Zelda of any capacity, 3D Mario, Star Fox gameplay footage, ect.
They only got 1 of those and that was Star Fox. Star Fox looked great and is easily the best part of the event. Everything else were Nintendo Direct announcements put into an E3 Event! This was not good for Nintendo.

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
Overall thoughts? Nintendo sucked hard for 4/5 of the presentation. Only good things were Starfox, XCX and maybe that Paper Mario X Mario&Luigi crossover. These, with smash, are the only things that don't let me sell my Wii U and buy a PS4

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
It was for sure the worst e3 in Nintendo history...
It was SO bad that for a moment I even thought that it was all a troll and they were wasting their time for surprise us with something like Galaxy 3, Metroid, Zelda and F-zero al thogeter

ama99

Smash Journeyman
Disappointing.

Pull it together next year Nintendo >:(

Fire Emblem was the highlight for me. But nothing as hype as Smash Wii U or Zelda U.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Well the new Mario Luigi: Paper Jam game looked pretty cool, but that was about it. No Dragon Quest X yet? Come on Nintendo, get with the program.

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
Doesn't matter. I't be really awesome to see your clip regardless of console.

EDIT: I really hope F-Zero gets something at e3. It's the 25th anniversary for F-Zero and with Mario Kart 8's DLC, there just HAS to be something for F-Zero.
PM me your 3DS FC and I will send it to you.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I love how everyone is acting so shocked and offended when Nintendo themselves said a couple of years back that they weren't going to announce anything big or new again at e3. They were going to use the directs for that.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
I love how everyone is acting so shocked and offended when Nintendo themselves said a couple of years back that they weren't going to announce anything big or new again at e3. They were going to use the directs for that.
Still feel like they could hold onto something. I like that we get more news throughout the year but it's dissapinting when you have people announcing some pretty heavy **** and then Nintendo comes along all humdrum with hardly anything of interest

Rizen

Smash Legend
Anyway you look at it the E3 presentation was a train wreck.

I wish I used characters I'm bad at to beat Allstar on Hard before buying the DLC. The stupid 2nd stage has Olimar and Villager appear at the same time and their range attacks aren't nerfed. I can be Bthrown by Ness at 150% and live but shot by Villager's Bair and die at 90%.

Last edited:

Serac

Smash Cadet
Personally I wasn't expecting anything big, actually I was expecting even less announcements. The most URKghhhh moment for me was FExShin megami, it looks more like FExIdolm@aster. About Metroid: GFTroopers, I have mixed feelings, at first I hated it but when I thought that it could maybe become like the history about the space pirate that survived the 3 Metroid Primes it made me rise my hopes a little.
At least I got the release dates for the two games I want, that was all I hoped for in this E3.

ama99

Smash Journeyman
Last year was so good tho!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Today started so nice; went for a walk, was excited about E3... Then E3 was a shipwreck, I got wrecked with characters I suck at in allstar and someone called with a problem. *Sigh*

Edit, well today I learned a valuable lesson: play allstar like the most aggressive scrub imaginable. Don't try to chain attacks, do anything defensive or grab and follow up: just spam smashes. The CPUs are annoying but stupid; they'll run into them. Roll and smash just like for glory. It's easy. :facepalm:

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I hope some of you guys are uploading gameplay with updated Link. I must know what he plays like now for myself, but I don't even have my Wii U right now which sucks.

And apparently there's only one other person in the entire country that got a grade as high as I did in some essay I had done recently. Everyone must suck lol. But for real, I had no idea I had it in me. I guess all this time hanging in the Link boards actually paid off. :p I'll show the essay to you guys if you wish to see it for yourselves.

And I see that E3 was a disappointment. How...disappointing. Should I still watch it though or naw?

Last edited:

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
I hope some of you guys are uploading gameplay with updated Link. I must know what he plays like now for myself, but I don't even have my Wii U right now wich sucks.
Well it's been only a day it's not like we could hve visited a tournament already lol.
And apparently there's only one other person in the entire country that got a grade as high as I did in some essay I had done recently. Everyone must suck lol. But for real, I had no idea I had it in me. I guess all this time hanging in the Link boards actually paid off. :p I'll show the essay to you guys if you wish to see it for yourselves.
Yes please Embarrass I recently read two of @ link7 link7 's homework assignments too, I'm getting the prime update on you all.
And I see that E3 was a disappointment. How...disappointing. Should I still watch it though or naw?
It's good for a few laughs and not too long, go ahead. At least then you'll feel the disappointment in real time a little like us.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Alright. Keep in mind that the research question was asking for who was the best president. The essay was done on George Washington. I made a few corrections as well.

Based on a poll done in 2007, it is proven that George Washington is one of the most recognizable presidents of the united states. To my knowledge, if you were to ask anyone to name as many presidents off the top of their head as they can, you would find that no matter how unfamiliar they are with American history, George Washington will almost always be one of their answers. Perhaps even their only answer. But why is this? Well, not only is he the most well known president in the U.S., but he is also the first of the many presidents to come after him. He is the one who set the standards for how our country is run today, and seconded only by Christopher Columbus, he is the most influential person in U.S. history by far.

In his early days at 16 years of age, he helped survey Shenandoah lands for Thomas, Lord Fairfax. In 1754, he was commissioned as lieutenant colonel and fought in the early skirmishes of what was to grow into the French and Indian War. Thirty-nine years later in May 1775, the Second Continental Congress assembled in Philadelphia. "Washington, [being] one of the Virginia delegates, was elected Commander in Chief of the Continental Army. On July 3, 1775, at Cambridge, Massachusetts, he took command of his ill-trained troops and embarked upon a war that was to last six grueling years", wrote Frank Freidel in "The Presidents of the United States of America". Washington served the military for many years afterwards.

After serving the military for so long, Washington had long wished to retire and be with his friends at Mount Vernon. But in 1787, he became a main contributor to the Constitutional Convention at Philadelphia when he then noticed that the Nation under its Articles of Confederation was not working well. "When the new Constitution was ratified, the Electoral College unanimously elected Washington President" wrote Frank Freidel. George Washington did his best to fix these issues and was met with many more in his time as president. He had very little time to himself and spent the majority of his life for the well being of America.

He spent so much of his life in service that when he retired, he had only 3 years to enjoy his retirement before he died in his home at Mount Vernon in December 14, 1799. That alone just about made him the living embodiment of patriotism and the greatest president there ever was. He worked longer and harder than any other president that comes to mind. He devoted almost his entire life for America, and that is why I believe that George Washington is the best president. As Frank Freidel had written, "'[a]s the first of every thing, in our situation will serve to establish a Precedent,' [Washington] wrote to James Madison, 'it is devoutly wished on my part, that these precedents may be fixed on true principles.'" Washington was all of that and more. He is an idol of what a good president should be, and for what it takes to be one. He was intelligent, civil, kind, hard working and respectable. If George Washington isn't the best president, then I don't know who is.

Work Cited

Freidel, Frank. "The Presidents of the United States of America." DAINE Publishing: June, 1994. Print.

Last edited:

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
I love H.L. Mencken's little burlesque on George Washington:
If George Washington were alive today, what a shining mark he would be for the whole camorra of uplifters, forward-lookers and professional patriots! He was the Rockefeller of his time, the richest man in the United States, a promoter of stock companies, a land-grabber, an exploiter of mines and timber. He was a bitter opponent of foreign alliances, and denounced their evils in harsh, specific terms. He had a liking for all forthright and pugnacious men, and a contempt for lawyers, schoolmasters and all other such obscurantists. He was not pious. He drank whisky whenever he felt chilly, and kept a jug of it handy. He knew far more profanity than Scripture, and used and enjoyed it more. He had no belief in the infallible wisdom of the common people, but regarded them as inflammatory dolts, and tried to save the republic from them. He advocated no sure cure for all the sorrows of the world, and doubted that such a panacea existed. He took no interest in the private morals of his neighbors.

Inhabiting These States today, George would be ineligible for any office of honor or profit. The Senate would never dare confirm him; the President would not think of nominating him. He would be on trial in all the yellow journals for belonging to the Invisible Government, the Hell Hounds of Plutocracy, the Money Power, the Interests. The Sherman Act would have him in its toils; he would be under indictment by every grand jury south of the Potomac; the triumphant prohibitionists of his native state would be denouncing him (he had a still at Mount Vernon) as a debaucher of youth, a recruiting officer for insane asylums, a poisoner of the home. The suffragettes would be on his trail, with sentinels posted all along the Accotink road. The initiators and referendors would be bawling for his blood. The young college men of the Nation and the New Republic would be lecturing him weekly. He would be used to scare children in Kansas and Arkansas. The chautauquas would shiver whenever his name was mentioned....

And what a chance there would be for that ambitious young district attorney who thought to shadow him on his peregrinations—and grab him under the Mann Act!

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Alright. Keep in mind that the research question was asking for who was the best president. The essay was done on George Washington. I made a few corrections as well.

Based on a poll done in 2007, it is proven that George Washington is one of the most recognizable presidents of the united states. To my knowledge, if you were to ask anyone to name as many presidents off the top of their head as they can, you would find that no matter how unfamiliar they are with American history, George Washington will almost always be one of their answers. Perhaps even their only answer. But why is this? Well, not only is he the most well known president in the U.S., but he is also the first of the many presidents to come after him. He is the one who set the standards for how our country is run today, and seconded only by Christopher Columbus, he is the most influential person in U.S. history by far.

In his early days at 16 years of age, he helped survey Shenandoah lands for Thomas, Lord Fairfax. In 1754, he was commissioned as lieutenant colonel and fought in the early skirmishes of what was to grow into the French and Indian War. Thirty-nine years later in May 1775, the Second Continental Congress assembled in Philadelphia. "Washington, [being] one of the Virginia delegates, was elected Commander in Chief of the Continental Army. On July 3, 1775, at Cambridge, Massachusetts, he took command of his ill-trained troops and embarked upon a war that was to last six grueling years", wrote Frank Freidel in "The Presidents of the United States of America". Washington served the military for many years afterwards.

After serving the military for so long, Washington had long wished to retire and be with his friends at Mount Vernon. But in 1787, he became a main contributor to the Constitutional Convention at Philadelphia when he then noticed that the Nation under its Articles of Confederation was not working well. "When the new Constitution was ratified, the Electoral College unanimously elected Washington President" wrote Frank Freidel. George Washington did his best to fix these issues and was met with many more in his time as president. He had very little time to himself and spent the majority of his life for the well being of America.

He spent so much of his life in service that when he retired, he had only 3 years to enjoy his retirement before he died in his home at Mount Vernon in December 14, 1799. That alone just about made him the living embodiment of patriotism and the greatest president there ever was. He worked longer and harder than any other president that comes to mind. He devoted almost his entire life for America, and that is why I believe that George Washington is the best president. As Frank Freidel had written, "'[a]s the first of every thing, in our situation will serve to establish a Precedent,' [Washington] wrote to James Madison, 'it is devoutly wished on my part, that these precedents may be fixed on true principles.'" Washington was all of that and more. He is an idol of what a good president should be, and for what it takes to be one. He was intelligent, civil, kind, hard working and respectable. If George Washington isn't the best president, then I don't know who is.

Work Cited

Freidel, Frank. "The Presidents of the United States of America." DAINE Publishing: June, 1994. Print.
Quite a short essay

Top Bottom