• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Warning Received
Pretty much, this. Just ask @ Dumbfire Dumbfire
I was raised from my slumber...? Ah, I see:

Edit: So now that I'm 17, can I be taken a little more seriously around here? :p
"You guys I am 17 now, the bull**** I spout is now instantaneously valid!"

my hair was cut recently (on my b-day) and I hate the way I look. It used to be super long, longer than most guys at my school even, if not the longest. Now I'm forced to tie up what's left in a tiny ponytail, otherwise it looks gay af. At least they left my split bangs alone, lol. I plan to either cut it again at some point, or let it grow out again. Probably the latter.
"OMG, my fabulous emo hair! How will I now get my edgelord cred? I am of teh shadowz!"

Fair enough. But me almost being an adult should at least get me something. I've been playing Smash in a competitive mindset since I was 11, after all.
I have been playing teh smash competitively against CPUs for 6 years."

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Warning Received
I was raised from my slumber...? Ah, I see:

"You guys I am 17 now, the bull**** I spout is now instantaneously valid!"

"OMG, my fabulous emo hair! How will I now get my edgelord cred? I am of teh shadowz!"

"I have been playing teh smash competitively against CPUs for 6 years."
1. Online, not against cpus. I also occasionally play offline & will be attending my first offline tournament on the 30th.

2. Where the hell did you get that photo of me?

3. I'm not emo.

4. Why are you sich a ****?

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I may be closer than you think. Let's just say your sisters were... generous.
We are the Link Boards. We are...resourceful. Also, you trying to push your age, or thinking your age means something, just prices what we were saying about attitude and mentality.

Also, playing "competitively" against cpus is srsbsn. Después de todo, es caasi igual que jugar contra un ser humano, no?

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
We are the Link Boards. We are...resourceful. Also, you trying to push your age, or thinking your age means something, just prices what we were saying about attitude and mentality.

Also, playing "competitively" against cpus is srsbsn. Después de todo, es caasi igual que jugar contra un ser humano, no?
But it's not like I was forcing anything. And FYI: that photo is 2+years old.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
But it's not like I was forcing anything. And FYI: that photo is 2+years old.
By forcing I mean you trying more than once to get at least a minuscule amount of respect, which is something that will never happen based on your age.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Respect isn't something you ask for, its something you earn. You want respect? Earn it, do work. Remember, actions speak louder than words.

We'll say some of us didn't get a lot of respect when they first arrived. Elessar was our moderator, and he got a classic Link Boards Welcome™ back in the day. Just classic.

All good things in time.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I went on a great hike in the rain. Getting up in the mountains always makes me feel better. My mom got through her surgery okay.

@ DarkDeity15 DarkDeity15 you need to stop looking for approval. Just post, do work and stop caring what other people think.

This gif is funny:

Last edited:

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
@ DarkDeity15 DarkDeity15 you need to stop looking for approval. Just post, do work and stop caring what other people think.
You just end up causing people to scrutinize more than they typically would. The respect you deserve will be given, whichever way that goes. :)

This gif is funny:
Ha!
"I can't let you.....never mind"

Last edited:

BaPTraPLaP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaPTraPLaP
I went on a great hike in the rain. Getting up in the mountains always makes me feel better. My mom got through her surgery okay.

This gif is funny:
Wait can't you drive Wolf's landmaster before or does it need to hit the ground first? This is that "competitive" smash we are talking about right? "No way! I don't believe it!"

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
If I could just make a general point here to everyone. Even though this is a social thread, it's still possible for a post to be considered as spam under the whole 'no substantive content' rule. Unless it's actually disruptive I'll tend to let it go, but things like posting an image without any actual words can be considered to have no substantive content.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
@ DarkDeity15 DarkDeity15
The only thing age permits you is driving, smoking, and drinking. Seeing as how two of those things are leading killers of Humans worldwide and how often people die of driving related incidents, try not to conflate any positive value with age. It has so little actual impact online where everyone (else) is anonymous.

Doomfire (since no one else felt like saying it right away) wasn't even teenaged when he joined our midst. Likewise as respected as Shin (who is close to the eldest of our ranks) is in these parts, an accidental double post a couple months ago almost earned him the raining fire we reserve for spam threads.
But the most beautiful part of it all is that DF just tanked all the jesting, Shin didn't take the flames seriously, both of them have exhibited exceptional wit and contribute worthwhile information on occasion, and are generally easy going people (unless you enter Shin's shed... then even I can't help you).

My advice is to NEVER take anything we say seriously unless it's related to the meta, and try to be a bit more apathetic in general about jerks on the internet being jerks. A troll, no matter how good, will always lose a battle his opposition refuses to fight.

Last edited:

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
@ DarkDeity15 DarkDeity15
The only thing age permits you is driving, smoking, and drinking. Seeing as how two of those things are leading killers of Humans worldwide and how often people die of driving related incidents, try not to conflate any positive value with age. It has so little actual impact online where everyone (else) is anonymous.

Doomfire (since no one else felt like saying it right away) wasn't even teenaged when he joined our midst. Likewise as respected as Shin (who is close to the eldest of our ranks) is in these parts, an accidental double post a couple months ago almost earned him the raining fire we reserve for spam threads.
But the most beautiful part of it all is that DF just tanked all the jesting, Shin didn't take the flames seriously, both of them have exhibited exceptional wit and contribute worthwhile information on occasion, and are generally easy going people (unless you enter Shin's shed... then even I can't help you).

My advice is to NEVER take anything we say seriously unless it's related to the meta, and try to be a bit more apathetic in general about jerks on the internet being jerks. A troll, no matter how good, will always lose a battle his opposition refuses to fight.
So true man. So true................................

Rizen

Smash Legend
Some Rosalina players have a creepy fetish/obsession with her. Some of the social comments are weird.

I finished my photoshop thing after longer than I care to admit.

/low res, watermarked

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
Can't wait til the Lucas patch comes out and Link's jab is good again, along with some decent start-up buffs on his specials.

Ampetrix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christopaz
3DS FC
4527-8084-1972
Hello link mains! How is your day today?

Can't wait til the Lucas patch comes out and Link's jab is good again, along with some decent start-up buffs on his specials.
Waaait, link will be buffed? This is great news.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Some Rosalina players have a creepy fetish/obsession with her. Some of the social comments are weird.

I finished my photoshop thing after longer than I care to admit.

/low res, watermarked
Your watermark ruins the picture. It's competing for attention with the actual image you're supposedly trying to display. Try to make it less visible. As it is, it looks like it's supposed to be part of the image, which makes it seem like a really sad forum signature.

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
Well, he probably won't, but I can dream.

Edit:
Actually, chances are, he'll get nerfed again. "Hmmm, that bomb is looking pretty good, better make it take 5 seconds to take out and do 1% without any hitstun."

Last edited:
Top Bottom