• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I can't get into SF, played MK9, MvC3(lol), Blazblue, and GuiltyGear for a while. Melee is the only thing that kept me coming back for more. Need to bust out that Soul Calibur 2 at some point though.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
I can't get into SF, played MK9, MvC3(lol), Blazblue, and GuiltyGear for a while. Melee is the only thing that kept me coming back for more. Need to bust out that Soul Calibur 2 at some point though.
I'm usually not the biggest fan of 3d fighters (like tekken or VF, ew) but I can't help but love Soul Calibur.

The second of course is my favorite cuz Link. But even in that game I think I heard he was bad lolol poor guy can't catch a break.

EDIT: I also tried UMvC3, couldn't do it. My buddy plays Guilty Gear and places pretty high in tournaments. Might be practicing that this summer along with BlazBlue.

Last edited:

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
I do my best to play pretty much every current fighting game franchise at a decent level.
The one's I'm not currently any good at are Skullgirls, and Killer Instinct. Character played in game and when I started that Char
Link in SSB (all)
Siegfried in Soul Calibur (All)
Gambit/Dante in Mahvel vs Capcom(1/U3)
Ky/Slayer/Leo in Guilty Gear (All/XX/Xrd)
Carl/Kagura/Tsubaki in BlazBlue (CT/CP/CS)
Jacky Bryant in Virtua Fighter (All)
Jacky/Rig/Ayane in DOA (5/5/All)
Xion in Bloody Roar (3)
Lars/Lee in Tekken (6/All)
Ken/DeeJay/Q in Street Fighter (All/S2T/3NG)
Yosuke/Naoto/Adachi in Persona4A (All/All/U)
SubZero/Rain/Johnny Cage in Mortal Kombat (All/Any/X)
Saki/Weiss in Arcana Heart (All/3)
Ken the Eagle/Joe the Condor and Tekkaman Blade/Soki in Tatsunoko vs Capcom

So I do a lot of fighting...

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
I am famous because every game i play, i take the f***** low tier! (with exception of SF3-3).

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
I love Soul Calibur, it's my all time fav. Link wasn't bad in SCII, at least he was fast. But Kilik and Hilde are my mains. Hilde in SCV is just amazing.

TNS|Quake

Smash Rookie
Pepeday winning 3 majors and iperu getting top 16 once and top 8 twice at 3 majors must be coincidence. Seeing how before Ultra neither of them placed well, lmao.

Again, he's obviously not high tier (I used that term loosely in the first place),
You didn't use it loosely. You used it and argued with me for ten minutes in chat about it. Then I message a guy who beats scrubs in fighting games for a living to show you I'm not talking out of my ass, and you say because he doesn't main the character we're discussing he has no understanding of the metagame and matchups which you clearly possess.

If some kid picks up Link tomorrow and wins a tournament and places well with him, Link still won't be high tier. It's rhetoric just like yours that will get him nerfed all the same.

I forgive you for being so wrong, but only because you played SF and Soul Calibur.

Last edited:

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
You didn't use it loosely. You used it and argued with me for ten minutes in chat about it.
The way I define "high tier" is, the character has the potential to be viable in tournament. Not only are there results to back up my argument, but even Pepeday himself has given his list of matchups for Fuerte. Not only does he say Fuerte only has 7 matchups where he loses 6/4 at the worst, but the rest of his matchups are either even, or in Fuerte's favor (examples include against Akuma, Fei Long, Evil Ryu, Cammy, Sagat, Poison, etc). Pepeday, the Fuerte player, said this.

I message a guy who beats scrubs in fighting games for a living to show you I'm not talking out of my *** like you are, and you say because he doesn't main the character we're discussing he has no understanding of the metagame and matchups which you clearly seem to possess.
The only thing you've done to help your "argument" is getting the opinion from a player who (while having knowledge of the metagame) does NOT play that character. No words in my previous posts point to me saying KnuckleDu has no understanding of the metagame or matchups. He most certainly does not know Fuerte like Pepeday does, that's what I'm getitng at. I know Link and Sheik very well, does that mean I know where a character like villager belongs on a tier list? Or what his matchups are like overall? No. So yes, you are blowing things out of your rear, you mad bro?

some kid picks up Link tomorrow and places well or wins a tournament and places well with him, Link still won't be high tier. It's rhetoric just like yours that will get him nerfed all the same. You'll say "well herp derp he's winning now. must be because of his knockback buffs. he's high tier"
The difference is, Link has been steadily nerfed through Smash iterations and no Link has ever won a major, let alone three. While Fuerte not only received SIGNIFICANT buffs from AE 2012 to Ultra (both direct character buffs that do NOT end at just knockback buffs, but in other areas as well AND the system changes themselves helped Fuerte and other characters as well), but this character has now been seen as a viable tournament threat by winning three majors and two other top Fuertes placing consistently in top 8/top 16 at US majors. Has this ever happened before Ultra Street Fighter 4? No, and that's what I'm getitng at. Fuerte is now a character that obviously has the potential to be viable in tournament, and that's why I say he should be considered high tier. Not top tier, high tier. There's a difference.

Pepeday is using Fuerte to his utmost potential and what have the results been? Major tournament wins. Other than legitimate results showing this or Pepeday's own words, I don't know what else to say.

TNS|Quake

Smash Rookie
you mad bro?
No, and that's a lot of words from someone who's not worked up. That wall's so big a country could surround themselves with it to keep Mongolians and capitalism out.

The way I define "high tier" is, the character has the potential to be viable in tournament
That's why. You need to look at consistent results over a longer period of time and matchup spread. Viability is moot when discussing tiers. So he's not actually high tier, but I'll agree that he's viable in a tournament depending on how you're seeded.
He most certainly does not know Fuerte like Pepeday does, that's what I'm getitng at
https://youtu.be/bQdp_BUU96M?t=564
https://youtu.be/89oWkbqNIFg?t=414
He keeps beating them. And Du's ELF could body both of us. Maybe he does?
but in other areas as well AND the system changes themselves helped Fuerte and other characters as well),
This is like telling me yesterday that Pepeday has good wakeup options thanks to delayed wakeup. I have to stop arguing the rest of your points and just ask a question right here because I feel this exposes a fundamental misunderstanding of the game and its mechanics at high levels of play. How consistently do you win or place top 8 in your local scenes? Who are your top players?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Ugh, my back's sore from carrying things.

Let's see, competitive games I can play:
Good
Brawl (Link)
SSB4 (Link)
Monster Hunter 3 U

Can compete but would get whipped by actual competitive players:
Soul Calibur 2 & 3 (Kilik)
Mario Kart 8 (Rosalina) SNES, N64, Double Dash (Yoshi)
Metroid Prime Hunters, 2
Melee (Link)
SSB64 (Link)

Maybe others, idk.

Last edited:

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Ugh, my back's sore from carrying things.

Let's see, competitive games I can play:
Good
Brawl (Link)
SSB4 (Link)
Monster Hunter 3 U

Can compete but would get whipped by actual competitive players:
Soul Calibur 2 & 3 (Kilik)
Mario Kart 8 (Rosalina) SNES, N64, Double Dash (Yoshi)
Metroid Prime Hunters, 2
Melee (Link)
SSB64 (Link)

Maybe others, idk.
Whoa whoa whoa wait, Metroid Prime Hunters has/had a competitive scene?

I must have been living under a rock...

Also, @ TNS|Quake TNS|Quake you make a valid point about using consistent results over a longer period of time. Seems it only makes sense to wait a year or two to see what happens (unless Capcom decided to do another massive update, although I doubt that will happen).

Last edited:

TNS|Quake

Smash Rookie
Or even a few more months. One day ELF might be high tier. We have to see what happens when the pro's who lost to him the first time get a second chance with new anti-fuerte tech.

And real talk, it's awesome that you're interested in the game. Before SF the only fighting game I played competitively was soul calibur (still my favorite) at one tournament. I'm glad the Smash and FGC communities are being fused.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I watched the South Park episode Red Man's Greed. That is some funny ****. Mature humor though.

Edit, damn I'm bored but am trying not to use my thumb for video games. I didn't play for a while then played too much last weekend and started getting a sore. :nervous:

Last edited:

Link160

Banned via Warnings
I believe he's banned for now.

The reason he kept getting warnings was because he was spamming the boards with nonsensical gibberish that made our social forum look like a You Tube Comments session. I hope this banning helps him realize that we appreciate it when posts are actually thought through before they're posted. The Link boards expect maturity out of the people that post here, something that he never offers. He continues to not follow the rules of the boards (no double posting, no making irrelevant threads, etc) despite warnings a-plenty. If there's anyone who deserves the hate of the Link boards, it's him.

Note: This isn't "bullying" as he likes to call it. These are the facts. The fact that he was banned at all should prove that point all the more.
Funny, cause I'm not banned.

Link160

Banned via Warnings
If you're not banned you shouldn't be using an alt account. Ironically, you can get banned for that. If you lost your password as an admin.
This is no alt account. she let me borrow her smashboards for only today is all. I don't want her banned. But I do have a account here that's not on the Link boards. Yet.

Besides if this account is banned then she won't care. she said she barley uses it.

Last edited:

TNS|Quake

Smash Rookie
I watched the South Park episode Red Man's Greed. That is some funny ****. Mature humor though.

Edit, damn I'm bored but am trying not to use my thumb for video games. I didn't play for a while then played too much last weekend and started getting a sore. :nervous:
I remember when War Gods for N64 came out. Me and a friend rented it and played until it hurt. We then wrapped bandaids around our thumbs so we could keep playing.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
This is no alt account. she let me borrow her smashboards for only today is all. I don't want her banned. But I do have a account here that's not on the Link boards. Yet.

Besides if this account is banned then she won't care. she said she barley uses it.
Excellent! Neither of you will be missed, and your next account will be subject to the same ban the second you open your trap if you don't have something worthwhile to contribute... of which I am extremely doubtful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlYRJOW-JD4

Last edited:

Link160

Banned via Warnings
Excellent! Neither of you will be missed, and your next account will be subject to the same ban the second you open your trap if you don't have something worthwhile to contribute... of which I am extremely doubtful.
OK mr.pure what ever you say.:bee:

Who knows I may make another one after that without knowing it's me!

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
This is why I'm glad I'm not a moderator; it's not my problem to deal with :awesome:

I'm so bored I washed the dishes in my sink :cry:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I love Soul Calibur, it's my all time fav. Link wasn't bad in SCII, at least he was fast. But Kilik and Hilde are my mains. Hilde in SCV is just amazing.
Dat grab game tho. Imagine if he had THAT in Smash. :p

DJTHED

Smash Apprentice
NNID
djthed
3DS FC
1805-3499-5905
Switch FC
SW-1721-8556-4217

I find it hard to believe "she" would say that since your account was just registered a few days ago.
Anyway, you won't be missed once the inevitable happens.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I believe he's banned for now.

The reason he kept getting warnings was because he was spamming the boards with nonsensical gibberish that made our social forum look like a You Tube Comments session. I hope this banning helps him realize that we appreciate it when posts are actually thought through before they're posted. The Link boards expect maturity out of the people that post here, something that he never offers. He continues to not follow the rules of the boards (no double posting, no making irrelevant threads, etc) despite warnings a-plenty. If there's anyone who deserves the hate of the Link boards, it's him.

Note: This isn't "bullying" as he likes to call it. These are the facts. The fact that he was banned at all should prove that point all the more.
Oh, well I guess that makes sense now. Though to be fair, I really didn't see some of his stuff as gibberish, seeing as I hang out in the Robin social thread and trust me, some crazy stuff goes on there. I mean, one of his post he was sawing how awesome Link was, though he did say it in a weird why so I guess.....

Shine is another term for Fox/Wolf's reflector. It might be for Falco's but I'm not sure.
Oh, I know. What I meant was he can't use it to the extent that he used to.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
So it turns out that Link160 turned out to he Smokebomb? Hardly surprising.

Siledh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Siledhrel
3DS FC
3969-5560-9348
It's pretty easy for mods to find alts anyway if they want to look. Only idiots would announce they have alts whilst serving a ban.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Good morning Link boards! How are we all today? :secretkpop:
I'm good. Making BBQ for my wife's birthday. Also, my tourney is this sat and I'll be streaming it for the first time, so quite busy and excited. How about you? What brings you to our halls?

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Ah. Most of the salt from Jab1 nerf has died down as people try to figure out other setups. That, I guess, was the biggest relevant thing to happen recently. Besides that, it's just been business as usual. You know, same ol' Link shenanigans.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings

I had a feeling this was an alt account...:upsidedown:

Top Bottom