• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
The game lags if there's too much c*** onscreen. This shouldn't happen except with 8 player games on huge stages with items. I run into lag in 1 player mode sometimes.

I've been trying to get all the challenges and am on the 'Clear Kirby's Crazy Appetite on Hard' event. It's times like this that I am reminded of Sakurai's sick sense of humor.
Sakurai:
"Wouldn't it be fun to put Kirby in a huge stage full of off screen instant death traps with 140% damage? You know what would make it even more fun? Speed up the animation, add 7 King DDDs to troll, have the food and mine carts spawn randomly, give it a 2 minute time limit and make some chests explode for no reason! That way even if the player practices and learns all the spawn locations there still is a huge luck element that can screw them over; then the player will have to try again for even more fun!"
Yea, it took me a few tries to win that one. You know what I thought was lousy? The lack of a event reset button, when Melee and Brawl had one.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Here's some "boring crap" for @Catana:
His style was beautiful, his techniques shining
His Link rose peerless from the forest floor.
From beating Sheiks to soaring battlements
Cat’s link shaped the boards as no Link did before.

I sang his courage and I sang his pride,
I sang how his skill came from both of these.
I was joyous to be there every turn.
Found in him serenity, as in every tree

In the beautiful, Hyrulian fields
Where now, again, he is long lost to me
For he at once to his vain desire yields:
Oh Catpukee, how will I always miss thee!

He brought me in, I was but a peasant then
An idiot, who dreamed himself a player.
Together we grow to be more than men:
We grew to fine Links, proud in the boards.

Will spectators weep with tried and true tears
When you lose with Meta Knight, and mourn?
Will the Links hear your laments with honest ears?
Will they sound your loss with muted horn?

They won’t. With MK sunk and stupefied
You deepen in your sleep of death.
Links may sleep sounder now that you’ve died:
So it’s as well that now you save your breath.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Tolerance is always a good trait. There are a lot of things I don't like but if they're not hurting anyone I try not to complain.

OT but I'm having trouble getting the challenge 'get 300000 points in lv 3 target blast with Pacman by bouncing one bomb off the back wall. Any strategies or tips?
I did here is how.

Bomb1 bump into bomb
Let it explode!

Bomb2
approach and hit it with 2 UNCHARGED up smashes. the bomb should have 34% damage.

step towards the bomb to get back in range and then use a series of 6 up Tilts. IF YOU DO THIS RIGHT THE BOMB SHOULD LAND BEHIND TO THE LEFT. The bomb should have 76%.

NOW THE FINALE. Use a FULLY CHARGED forwards smash attack to launch the bomb off the back wall TO THE LEFT! The bomb should show 98% damage as it leaves the stage or platform!

DISCLAMER DUE TO SOME RANDOM CRAP THE SEIRES OF ATTACKS DO NOT PROVIDE CONSTANT RESULTS! JUST KEEP TRYING AND YOU SHOULD GET IT LIKE I DID IN TWO ATTEMPS!

good luck man!

Your friend smokebomb12

Serac

Smash Cadet
Have you been playing melee recently?
Rizen said:
The game lags if there's too much c*** onscreen. This shouldn't happen except with 8 player games on huge stages with items. I run into lag in 1 player mode sometimes.
No playing Melee nor 8 player games just, 1VS1 matches. It feels as if the L-stick is really heavy.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
No playing Melee nor 8 player games just, 1VS1 matches. It feels as if the L-stick is really heavy.
Could be the TV. My parents' TV lags, but I use my monitor which doesn't. I've had grand finals sets played on it, it works very well for Smash 4. We've had it happen at tourneys too that certain TVs lag. You can feel it in the character selection screen, just move from a lagless TV to a lagging one, and observe the slight drag.

smokebomb said:
good luck man!

Your friend smokebomb12
No way. (Take note Foxy...)

Last edited:

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Finally someone say's something! I thought everyone died! where is everyone? ever since the war, barley anyone comes here!

@ Dumbfire Dumbfire

.....yeah what ever you say buddy!

Also I made my own signature!!!! what you guys think?

Last edited:

Serac

Smash Cadet
Could be the TV. My parents' TV lags, but I use my monitor which doesn't. I've had grand finals sets played on it, it works very well for Smash 4. We've had it happen at tourneys too that certain TVs lag. You can feel it in the character selection screen, just move from a lagless TV to a lagging one, and observe the slight drag.
Actually I had this problem when I got this TV, I had to disable some functions to eliminate the lag and make it work properly.
I tried to clean the dust in the Wii u fan, it seems to work properly now, I just hope that it doesn't meant that its service life is ending soon.

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Its something called college finals. I would've assumed you've caught on by now.
Nope only in Middle school. sorry.
This is a forum not a ****ing chat.
OK buddy what ever you say!

So I am still watching Neon Genesis Evangelion (The old one since people tell me that the new one is bull****) and it's pretty good. on episode 4 right now and so far it has a 7.5 out of 10 for me. It's not complex at all, in fact I do understand 89% of the stuff there talking about.

Last edited:

BaPTraPLaP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaPTraPLaP
Ok this was the wierdest thing: I was playing an OFFLINE match and the game went in slow motion mid match and stayed that way for the rest of the match. Worked fine next game, but what?! Online it could just be lag but OFFLINE. No...

ama99

Smash Journeyman
Just came back from Age of Ultron with my friends. I think its good but not as good as the first Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, or Captain America 2. Ultron himself was pretty cool and some of the action scenes are cool, but there were some pacing issues with the story. The Hulk/Romanoff romance not good at all.

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Just came back from Age of Ultron with my friends. I think its good but not as good as the first Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, or Captain America 2. Ultron himself was pretty cool and some of the action scenes are cool, but there were some pacing issues with the story. The Hulk/Romanoff romance not good at all.
Yeah that was a bit...weird. But it was paced well with good writing. Ultron was a 110% badass. what do you rate it? for me 8.9 out of 10.

ama99

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that was a bit...weird. But it was paced well with good writing. Ultron was a 110% badass. what do you rate it? for me 8.9 out of 10.
Probably a 8 out of 10, with a movie like Toy Story or Inception being a 10. I'd give the first one a 8.5 and The Winter Soldier a 9 though.

Siledh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Siledhrel
3DS FC
3969-5560-9348
Hello. I am new to smashboards. My friend told me about this site.
Welcome. :)

Probably a 8 out of 10, with a movie like Toy Story or Inception being a 10. I'd give the first one a 8.5 and The Winter Soldier a 9 though.
I enjoyed Age of Ultron. I'd give it a firm 8.5. And I enjoyed Romanoff/Banner. It gave both of them more depth and has been building for a bit now. I feel Age of Ultron fails because it is clearly a set-up movie and doesn't have as much closure as the first Avengers or even Winter Soldier.

Winter Soldier is far better though.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Hello. I am new to smashboards. My friend told me about this site.
Welcome! Have a look around. Most of the pertinent items are stickied for your convenience; if you need anything else just ask. Also, don't take many things said around here too seriously. Link mains tend to be all about "teh lulz" and often our manners can look a little unrefined. However, we're good people.

Link160

Banned via Warnings
Do you guys no who Smokebomb12 is? He is my friend who told me this place was nice but like to cyber bully. Is this true?

BaPTraPLaP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaPTraPLaP
Everyone is "dead" because they are probably dead asleep. Considering it is 12 in the morning, East coast U.S. standard time here, and probably later where others live.

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
There may have been a SLIGHT chance that people had **** to do today.
OK what ever dude.
Wow your right! People are mean to you here.:crying: I am sorry.
SINCE WHEN R U SO NICE!!!! They do not even almost bother me. They want me to leave and never comeback so they say crap like that. It's all good though. I love the salt. Now when they start saying nice things then I will leave out of being scared. It all happened during the war called Smokebomb12 vs The Link community! It was me vs everyone in the Link community. It was fun being a one man army while it lasted. Want to battle?

Link160

Banned via Warnings
Sure thing! Let me give you my friend code 1337-4456-8346 I will beat you this time!

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
My head hurts, make it stop pls...
@ smokebomb12 smokebomb12 Listen bro, let's level things out real quick. Just because no one has replied doesn't mean they won't. Give it some time, hell get some FG matches in if you're so strapped for time. There is such a thing as too many posts; generally we don't worry about spam in Social, but if this gets any more superfluous you'll update us on your sneezing schedule. Please give the boards some time to get back to you, I promise they will.

@ Link160 Link160 We're an ornery bunch that operate on common sense and when needs be: a fancy lil' dash of trolling/flaming/etc
Just do yourself a favor and bring a Goron tunic in advance, those who survive the fires of baptism find themselves in a better place. Don't take anything serious/personal, and if you have to respond to someone who's "bullying" you, make sure to do so in a witty manner. Wit is the most endearing trait around these parts, just ask Lawz. JK Lawz we still love our red headed step-child, even if he is unfaithful.

Please take my advice for your own sakes, these parts of the woods can be an excellent hill to perish upon with too many missteps.

[This is me trying really hard to be nice about things, don't squander the second chance, nobody else is likely to extend you the second chances so liberally]

Tread lightly all those who enter, for hope has abandoned ye and the winter of thy discontent is nigh...

Last edited:
Top Bottom