• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
@ Kevandre Kevandre Those silhouettes are strangely beautiful. I take it that it's roughly based on the art design in those sunset levels on dk country returns?

@ DarkDeity15 DarkDeity15 So will the finished product have the names of the AT's as well as how to perform them? I mean I know what's going on, but I'm just wondering if you're making a showcase kind of vid or a guide. [Also, see my post above to make sure you get everything. And if it comes to that, feel free to PM me at any time and I can double check things for you or let you know if you're missing anything etc.]

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
@ Kevandre Kevandre Those silhouettes are strangely beautiful. I take it that it's roughly based on the art design in those sunset levels on dk country returns?

@ DarkDeity15 DarkDeity15 So will the finished product have the names of the AT's as well as how to perform them? I mean I know what's going on, but I'm just wondering if you're making a showcase kind of vid or a guide. [Also, see my post above to make sure you get everything. And if it comes to that, feel free to PM me at any time and I can double check things for you or let you know if you're missing anything etc.]
Yes it is! I'm glad people recognize it. :) thank you!

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015

Yes and no. Since I don't have the proper equipment to actually add things like subtitles and whatnot to the vid (I'm using editing software from my tablet) I'll be typing up info on each AT as content for the thread, and most of these ATs will be showcased in the vid. A specified part of the vid will be in each section, showing where to see said AT. I'll also be adding some proper music. And I will do. Thanks. But are there really no opinions on the last thing in the vid? I thought it was pretty cool despite primarily being for flashy gameplay.
One criticism is that the camera is too far away and it's a bit hard to distinctively see what you're doing.
Is it really that bad? The camera was actually pretty close to the TV. Might want to re-record if need be, though it would take quite a while. Perhaps the in-game camera shouldn't be fixed?

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Is it really that bad? The camera was actually pretty close to the TV. Might want to re-record if need be, though it would take quite a while. Perhaps the in-game camera shouldn't be fixed?
It was a bit of an issue I'll admit. You'd want to just use a small stage and make sure that the opponent is as close to the action as possible without getting in the way.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
@ DarkDeity15 DarkDeity15 well I don't mean your camera, but the games camera. I mean, the characters are too small. You need a smaller stage and have the characters closer to each other.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
My favorite lolzy CP in Brawl was Yoshi's Island (Melee). I was legal for a bout 5 weeks and I took PR ranked MKs and Snakes to last stock high% everytime. Low ceiling, no need for amazing recovery, teching/walljumping off the blocks, and planting bombs on the slopes; the stage was a Link main's paradise.

In Sm4sh I've gotten the best results from Delfino plaza thus far. Wide open space for Link to really hash out his projectile game, water-spikes, Up-B through main platform, and plenty of room to space Z-air with. The only problem I've run into is the blast zones tightening up when the stage transitions... It killed me both times in what was an otherwise close match-
here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd4uI-0mpUQ

Also, I drew a thing recently. What do you guys think?

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I miss Brinstar and Norfair sooooo much. I'll totally try to gentlemen's agreement people to there.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
@ DarkDeity15 DarkDeity15 well I don't mean your camera, but the games camera. I mean, the characters are too small. You need a smaller stage and have the characters closer to each other.
I suppose you guys are right...looks like I'll be spending some time on this tonight. I hope you guys will be willing to wait a few days though, at least until I can actually finish the thread. I tend to take my time with this stuff. The vid might come a bit sooner however.

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Just save the replay and change the camera in the replay.

By the way, I am trying my new control stick: A set to jump, like classic Mario. Now I jab and Nair only with C-stick -- meaning I have full control over the Jab cancel. (X is set to attack for smashes now..)

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Just save the replay and change the camera in the replay.

By the way, I am trying my new control stick: A set to jump, like classic Mario. Now I jab and Nair only with C-stick -- meaning I have full control over the Jab cancel. (X is set to attack for smashes now..)
Well usually I just record my gameplay in training mode since CPUs tend to get in the way a lot. Not even lvl 1 cpus will give me enough space to do my own thing lol.

BaPTraPLaP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaPTraPLaP
Well usually I just record my gameplay in training mode since CPUs tend to get in the way a lot. Not even lvl 1 cpus will give me enough space to do my own thing lol.
Have you tried having a second controller used with no one playing the character? Just have them stand there while you demonstrate. If anything you can use the wii u gamepad that came with the wii u. (assuming you don't use it)

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Have you tried having a second controller used with no one playing the character? Just have them stand there while you demonstrate. If anything you can use the wii u gamepad that came with the wii u. (assuming you don't use it)
Lol forgot I had other controllers. Thanks for reminding me. This wil definitely help a lot.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
The summit of Smash meta, the two "best" players. As sad as it is to say, even mk in brawl room more skill than this at being broken.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Hey so just faced another link named linq. Great matches. Would love a rematch when I get my GC converter.

I was PLAY.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So I take it that Diddy stole Falcon's Stairway to Heaven combo?
Stairway to heaven was a joke compared to the Hoo Hah which you see here. It's spammable as all hell.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Hoo Haas make me moist.

Don't mind me, quietly lurking the Link boards again. 8D
Anyone else here play in (Western) Canada?

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I did everyone a favor and posted the thread early. I'll add more to it as time goes on, and the vid that goes with it will be up sometime this weekend. Feel free to discuss there.

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
My smash sword is sharp as hell right now! I feel like i can take on ZeRo! Thats why i am not so active lately. Also @ Zane the pure Zane the pure i think links best stage is smashvillie. It is very open with no BS a platform for throwing bombs or boomerangs or for sniping, the boomerang being able to pass across the whole stage, if you miss the spike you have a good recovery oppertunity and you can go under the damn stage. Also i am attending my first tournament! It is not a big tournament but you no what they say "start small". I am so happy and i am playing pit robin or shulk and my main course Link! Wish me luck. Lov you guys as friends. Any tournament advise?

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Also i am attending my first tournament! It is not a big tournament but you no what they say "start small". I am so happy and i am playing pit robin or shulk and my main course Link! Wish me luck. Any tournament advise?
Where's this tourney? Me and Zerker might see you there, we're going to one on Sunday.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
My smash sword is sharp as hell right now! I feel like i can take on ZeRo! Thats why i am not so active lately. Also @ Zane the pure Zane the pure i think links best stage is smashvillie. It is very open with no BS a platform for throwing bombs or boomerangs or for sniping, the boomerang being able to pass across the whole stage, if you miss the spike you have a good recovery oppertunity and you can go under the damn stage. Also i am attending my first tournament! It is not a big tournament but you no what they say "start small". I am so happy and i am playing pit robin or shulk and my main course Link! Wish me luck. Lov you guys as friends. Any tournament advise?
First tourney nerves can be kind of a bummer, if you get jittery in exciting situations I recommend bringing a music player with a playlist of either smooth mood music, or some good fight music to set the pace for ya.
Try to shake hands after every set, and remember to treat every matchup differently.

Have fun, stay cool, and DO WORK SON.
lol

Last edited:

FSK

Smash Ace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5DA3RM5WAM

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
ZeRo....... LOL

He is the one who won Apex... Well gooduck!

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Got back a while ago from a 14 man Melee Tourney. Placed 5th. Played on stream a couple times.

With Link.

Top Bottom