• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

The gamecube is indestructible. I can't tell you how many times ours was knocked off the entertainment center back home. Every time we would just pick it up, turn it back on, and continue like nothing ever happen. That thing is a trooper.
Nintendo products in general have this down. There will still be functioning NES systems long after the last xbox 360 chokes its last.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
There was an article in an issue of Nintendo Power that featured an original gameboy that survived a bomb

This is it:
...How?...just...no. How is that piece of plastic able to survive a bomb? What sort of bomb was it?

Edit: I guess I'll just read the article, then.

Last edited:
...How?...just...no. How is that piece of plastic able to survive a bomb? What sort of bomb was it?
It's not made of plastic, it's made of Nintendium.

It was in a barracks in the Gulf War that got bombed, you can even see a foot print in the face of the system. It survived because Nintendo are some kind of ****ing wizards with their hardware.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
I believe I remember reading that they had to replace the screen and you can see its hooked up to a power supply, but other than that everything else survived. If that's not a testimony to Nintendo products, I don't know what is.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
But Sony is more mature, only kids and nintendorks play Nintendont. I want my console to cost half my paycheck and to never work upon launch properly. If there's not a 75% of my console bricking upon booting it up on launch day I don't want it. Too casual for me, I only play hardcore competitive games like Gears of War and God of War.

Kratos >>>>>>>> Link

Lololololol

But Sony is more mature, only kids and nintendorks play Nintendont. I want my console to cost half my paycheck and to never work upon launch properly. If there's not a 75% of my console bricking upon booting it up on launch day I don't want it. Too casual for me, I only play hardcore competitive games like Gears of War and God of War.

Kratos >>>>>>>> Link

Lololololol
The best part is that due to Poe's Law he could post this on some sites and people would think he is serious.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
The best part is that due to Poe's Law he could post this on some sites and people would think he is serious.
Poe's law is why bad trolling is easy and why so many fail trolls and scrubs always pull the "I was trolling you" card upon being ripped a new one.

Poe's law is awesome.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Guys, the Wii U is sooo underpowered. It looks like crap, even though Smash Bros Wii U runs at 60fps on 1080p native with 8 players and my games barely run at 720p at 30fps! The Wii U doesn't even look as good as the PS2!

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Guys, the Wii U is sooo underpowered. It looks like crap, even though Smash Bros Wii U runs at 60fps on 1080p native with 8 players and my games barely run at 720p at 30fps! The Wii U doesn't even look as good as the PS2!
Inorite? Why do people still play stupid Nintendo, they only have Mario games. There isn't a single mature game for that console nor dark, only kiddy games. This is obvious because there is no blood in their games ever. Nintendo needs more hardcore real games like Call of Duty, Guitar Hero and Metroid.

Only 8 year olds and old people play that dying company.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Inorite? Why do people still play stupid Nintendo, they only have Mario games. There isn't a single mature game for that console nor dark, only kiddy games. This is obvious because there is no blood in their games ever. Nintendo needs more hardcore real games like Call of Duty, Guitar Hero and Metroid.

Only 8 year olds and old people play that dying company.
I know! And Nintendo always just remakes the same game! Btw I can't wait for the next CoD game. It's supposed to have really expansive maps! And a brand new gun!

D

Deleted member

All Nintendo does is make kiddie games. Now I'm about to go play LittleBigPlanet.

(Don't get me wrong, I like that series, but those kind of hypocrites do exist.)

I know! And Nintendo always just remakes the same game! Btw I can't wait for the next CoD game. It's supposed to have really expansive maps! And a brand new gun!
"I'd never buy a Nintendo console, they have no exclusives. But, I can't decide between Sony or Microsoft because the games are all the same."

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
There was an article in an issue of Nintendo Power that featured an original gameboy that survived a bomb

This is it:
I know when things blow up around my consoles, the first thing I do is turn on the power too

On a similar note, my gameboy went through hell and back three times over while I still owned one

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
My first console ever was an NES that was my mom's. She would play into the night when dad went away on business trips and I would sneak out of bed to watch her play Zelda. That same console works excellently and will be passed down to my children and their children as a family heirloom.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Does anyone have tips for buffering? I'm not used to the hitstun and get comboed a lot. I should play more offline and get confident before trying to wifi (but I'll wifi anyway). I found from trying to learn G&W in Brawl that you should never learn how something works on wifi.
I played quite a bit of Wifi, but having played offline a few times now with some folks, casuals or not, I must say the lag really does hit you in the face. You feel like the game's breathing again when you go offline; everything is fluid and spontaneous. The more you can stick to offline, the better!

Rizen

Smash Legend
I played quite a bit of Wifi, but having played offline a few times now with some folks, casuals or not, I must say the lag really does hit you in the face. You feel like the game's breathing again when you go offline; everything is fluid and spontaneous. The more you can stick to offline, the better!
Seriously; I'm doing much better offline Embarrass. Now if only the GCC Adapters would come out :c
I really don't like the pro controller but at least I can learn how each character works. I've unlocked them all and am playing lv9 CPUs in order just to get their feel. I'm up to Ike. Last time I fought Robin and several characters online they really surprised my so I'll be glad to see how to fight them offline.

It's fun and challenging to learn the new system. I was playing Brawl to the very end and SSB4 is not Brawl 2.0, lol.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
The Wii might be the most fragile of the consoles only because mine stopped working after 8 years of dedicated Brawl/Melee playing.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I went to gamestop today and they said that Nintendo won't produce more adapters. So if you don't have one, and are not willing/capable of dishing 100 bucks for one, you better get used to the Wii U pro.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Anyone else wishing Link's grounded electric spin had a semi-spike hitbox? They don't have to change anything else about the move. I kinda miss that aspect of his old melee spin attack. In Sm4sh, grounded up B really doesn't see a whole lot of use from me let alone electric spin.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
He said that apparently Nintendo didn't ship enough from Japan and that in Japan the adapters are in Stock actually. Then again, I have heard like 5 different versions from the employees over the last week.

Apparently the employee was right about Japan though, based on Amazon Japan that still has the adapter in Stock for 30 dollars.

Anyone feel like ordering from Japan?

Last edited:
So, we need to discuss what to do about Blubba not updating his sticky. It's out of date and we're behind.

Following Christmas and New Years (shut up, I'm older than the dirt your houses are built on and don't have the energy this time of year) I'll be putting together an AT compendium and labbing thread, it's about time I contributed something to the meta beyond match up insight.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
He said that apparently Nintendo didn't ship enough from Japan and that in Japan the adapters are in Stock actually. Then again, I have heard like 5 different versions from the employees over the last week.

Apparently the employee was right about Japan though, based on Amazon Japan that still has the adapter in Stock for 30 dollars.

Anyone feel like ordering from Japan?
Gamestop also told me a couple weeks ago they wouldn't make any more , but I've also seen the reports that they've promised to make more. I went ahead and bought one since I refused to potentially miss out on the adapter (and I found one on eBay for the "reasonable" price of 80 bucks). GC controller is a lot better than the Fight Pad or Classic Controller Pro imo; I had a much harder time inputting some pretty simple things with the Fight Pad, like walking vs. accidentally running, tilts vs. smashes, wavebouncing, etc. I'd say as long as the Japanese adapter is compatible (can't see why it wouldn't be) it's absolutely worth it, especially if you're looking at the comptetive scene at all.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
So, we need to discuss what to do about Blubba not updating his sticky. It's out of date and we're behind.

Following Christmas and New Years (shut up, I'm older than the dirt your houses are built on and don't have the energy this time of year) I'll be putting together an AT compendium and labbing thread, it's about time I contributed something to the meta beyond match up insight.
Definitively a good idea. We are falling too behind on meta development and we need an easy and intuitive guide of the chat and of ATs for us and new comers.

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech

Nice, this is awesome.

By the way your text is really hard to read on my dark background. I gotta squint every time I read it. :(

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I kind of gave up waiting on adapaters...

So I got the Hori Battlepad! Besides the shoulder buttons it feels just like the GCC. I'm doing that much better now that I have the controller. It's really amazing. Downside is having to connect via a Wiimote but it's not too bad.

It's only for now though, till the adapters get shipped out. Im just not expecting more to be shipped for a couple months.

mc-clap-your-hands

Smash Rookie
i'm a happy person today.i went to my first tournament ever today and won with link(ok i had to switch to yoshi for the final game)i used about only link and ended up winning

Nice, this is awesome.
By the way your text is really hard to read on my dark background. I gotta squint every time I read it. :(
I must have the best eyes on this forum, I use a dark back ground and it's clear as day for me, even with f.lux on, dimming my display.

May change it, but may not, it'd be just like me to say something important and force eye strain on everyone here to read it.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I feel like I should start using Link just so I have a reason to be here. This thread is, like, always active.
You don't need to use Link as a main, but are more than welcome to. He's an extremely fun char to play. Also, who do you main? (I can't see the icons on my phone). The only criteria we have is "follow the rules and have thick skin". Also, don't main gay, that's toon link.

i'm a happy person today.i went to my first tournament ever today and won with link(ok i had to switch to yoshi for the final game)i used about only link and ended up winning
Gratz on winning the tournament. We can't really celebrate it more since you switched for the final match. What tournament was this? Which car did you face in GF that you had to betray Link and become unworthy of the triforce of courage?

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I too have the dark background and f.lux; it's fine.
What's f.lux? I can see the text fine on my phone, no idea how it'd look on a pc though. I would however be sad if Shin changed the color. That shade of red somehow fits him just fine. It really sets the mood for his posts.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You don't need to use Link as a main, but are more than welcome to. He's an extremely fun char to play. Also, who do you main? (I can't see the icons on my phone). The only criteria we have is "follow the rules and have thick skin". Also, don't
Well, my main six atm are Lucina (main), Lucario and Sheik (secondaries), Robin, Rosalina and Sonic (for funsies).

I wanted to use a Zelda character really bad, but I wasn't feeling Toon Link, Ganondorf is too slow, and I heard Zelda is...not good. So I used Sheik because her grey/white palette is the closest I'll ever get to having Ghirahim in Smash (what with the white bangs).

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Well, you could go for Link. I have Lucina as my second along with Fox. Also, ganondorf is slow but fine imo. His playstyle si just very different.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
I wanted to use a Zelda character really bad, but I wasn't feeling Toon Link, Ganondorf is too slow, and I heard Zelda is...not good. So I used Sheik because her grey/white palette is the closest I'll ever get to having Ghirahim in Smash (what with the white bangs).
I'm not particularly good with Zelda herself, but I've seen some skilled Zelda mains (note: I've not seen many, but some - I think people just prefer Sheik in a lot of cases). It's a matter of mastering the character (and how long it takes, how much work it takes, and how difficult it is to get the maximum out of said character). You should try playing her a bit and see what you think.

I say that because Link was considered for a long time to be that-thing-that-is-the-opposite-of-good by a lot of people (blasphemy), but I'll be damned if most everyone here over the ages didn't say, "screw that, I'm playing Link because Hell yeah". Link takes work, but is an extremely rewarding and fun character to play.

...closest I'll ever get to having Ghirahim in Smash (what with the white bangs).
Sir, I believe you mispronounced Debbie. Common mistake.

Last edited:
Top Bottom