• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Damn @ Rizen Rizen , that drawing is too good.

Also, a cross over between Zelda and Shadow of the Colossus, instant money maker. I mean, Link has slayed monsters that are pretty big already, but he's missing the SotC mechanics. Just imagine going through the entire dungeon and then you get tot he boss, and it's a colossus ala Shadow of the Colossus, climbing him and him trying to shake you off while this epic music sound.

*drool*

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
just thought this was worth mentioning: Dark Souls was rated M, but DA2 was rated T? what? (esrb rating, btw)
I'm not a Link main, but I was hovering around here and I wanted to address this...
This is just an example of how random the ESRB's ratings are.

Dragon Age has sexually provocative dialogue and cutscenes, has very brutal death scenes involving dismemberment and decapitation, etc.
Meanwhile, Dark Souls has no swearing ever, no sexual themes ever, and no dismembering or mutilation of enemies...
However, there is a lot of gore-y effects in Dark Souls.

Dark Souls gets a higher age rating solely for the gore.

EDIT: And it's worth noting that Dark Souls 2's "Hollow" form for the character has patches of their flesh torn off, exposing muscle. However, there is a lot less gore, so it gets a 'T' rating.

EDIT2: New Zelda looks very much like Shadow of the Colossus, btw! I'm hyped!

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Hi, this is my first post on Smashboards. I'm a Link main and I love Zelda and Smash Bros. I'm not the best player but I can't wait to get better and get to know everybody here.
Welcome!
I'm not a Link main, but I was hovering around here and I wanted to address this...
This is just an example of how random the ESRB's ratings are.

Dragon Age has sexually provocative dialogue and cutscenes, has very brutal death scenes involving dismemberment and decapitation, etc.
Meanwhile, Dark Souls has no swearing ever, no sexual themes ever, and no dismembering or mutilation of enemies...
However, there is a lot of gore-y effects in Dark Souls.

Dark Souls gets a higher age rating solely for the gore.

EDIT: And it's worth noting that Dark Souls 2's "Hollow" form for the character has patches of their flesh torn off, exposing muscle. However, there is a lot less gore, so it gets a 'T' rating.

EDIT2: New Zelda looks very much like Shadow of the Colossus, btw! I'm hyped!
I thought I was in the Robin thread for sec, I had to double take

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Gonna leave another highlight that happened yesterday.

You make us all proud. Keep being awesome. :)

Anyway, Thought I'd show you guys a speedrun I did on a Zelda OoT mod called Zelda's Birthday.
http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=1605.0
This game can be beaten in 5 minutes, but I decided to try running through all the dungeons in the fastest time (since no one has run this category). There's 3 of them: Dungeon1, Ice Cavern, and Bottom of Hell. It doesn't really mean much, but technically, you could say I have the world record times for these dungeons.
What do you think?

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
Damn @ Rizen Rizen , that drawing is too good.

Also, a cross over between Zelda and Shadow of the Colossus, instant money maker. I mean, Link has slayed monsters that are pretty big already, but he's missing the SotC mechanics. Just imagine going through the entire dungeon and then you get tot he boss, and it's a colossus ala Shadow of the Colossus, climbing him and him trying to shake you off while this epic music sound.

*drool*
Fun fact: The final battle in Ocarina of Time was originally going to be something like that, but there were technical issues that kept that from becoming a reality. Darn shame, too. :/

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Fun fact: The final battle in Ocarina of Time was originally going to be something like that, but there were technical issues that kept that from becoming a reality. Darn shame, too. :/
That's also the reason the lighting in that fight was about as dodgy as Doom 3's lighting. It was to cover up the fact that Ganon's model itself was pushing the 64 hard enough and all it's textures were hella muddy. It was a happy accident it ended up looking more badass in the dark since his swords and eyes glowed, and it was just light enough to see his stature.

Happy accidents are some of the best though. Spent about an hour on DYKGaming marveling at all the tidbits.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Gah. Stupid device. Anyways, that pic... Memories... TP Wind Waker comes to mind... Horribly edited...

Last edited:

FSK

Smash Ace
In my first SS final fight I didn't know about the lightning thing, I just did it regular style.

D

Deleted member

I fought the final boss in Skyward Sword the hard way as well. It took me several tries, but I succeeded in the end.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
haha suddenly I don't feel so bad. It took me two tries to defeat Demise and when I finally beat him I looked it up on the interwebs because I knew there had to be a better way. Then I proceeded to feel like an idiot.

But boy was it satisfying when I beat him.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Did any1 try jumping onto the imprisoned's head from a cliff first time in order to reach the weak spot (not using the giant hole in the center of the area)? the 3rd fight against him gave me hell because i could never aim that elf at his frickin face (stupid controller...).

ama99

Smash Journeyman
Is Hyrule Warriors any good? I've been thinking about picking it up.

Also, Zelda U better not have only stupid gyroscope controls.

Hyrule Warriors is a great time sink with some fun gameplay. It gets a bit repetitive but it's worth over a hundred hours of play based on fighter variety alone, imho. Not a truly great game, nor a true Zelda, imho, but good fanservice and a fine snack to hold us over.

It let me play as Fi, which is all I ever wanted, so I guess I can forgive it for forcing Lana on us, who is the worst thing to happen to Zelda games since water physics.

Rizen

Smash Legend

HW is entertaining. It's kind of shallow and mindless but has good graphics and a lot of content.

It will.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
is Lana THAT bad in HW? from what i can tell, Link, Zelda, and Ganon are among the best characters in that game (coincidence? or nah). i haven't gotten around to seeing too much of it due to Sm4sh, so idk.

is Lana THAT bad in HW? from what i can tell, Link, Zelda, and Ganon are among the best characters in that game (coincidence? or nah). i haven't gotten around to seeing too much of it due to Sm4sh, so idk.
She seriously made me want to cut her head off and not enter into a session of coitus with the stump. For me, that's pretty intense hatred of a character.

Cia on the other hand was actually pretty okay, and I liked. But yeah Link, Ganon and Zelda are badasses.

Edit: Once match ups are more thoroughly understood and discussed, I think it would be helpful to list the ratio in the match up index beside the link to the threads. Anyone think otherwise?

Last edited:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Lana is actually my favorite character. Granted, I've only tried fighting with Lana, Link, Impa, and Shiek so my opinion is subject to change.
Once match ups are more thoroughly understood and discussed, I think it would be helpful to list the ratio in the match up index beside the link to the threads. Anyone think otherwise?
I second this motion

Rizen

Smash Legend
IMO for Hyrule Warriors tiers:
S
Link Knight's Sword, Master Sword
Impa Naginata (Fire Spear)
A
Sheik Harp
Zelda Rapier
Link Gauntlets
Ghirahim
B
Link Fire Rod
Lana Book
Impa Giant's Blade
C
Ruto Scale
Ganon GS
Midna Shackle
Zant Scimitars
Agatha Parasol
D
Fi
Lana Spear
Darunia Hammer
Zelda Baton
Lana Summoning Gate

The rest I haven't played.

Your Ganon placement is too low, imho, a well timed combo with Ganon can legitimately conquer a keep in a single attack, I've done it, lol.

Also he's probably the best at fighting bosses.

Fi, too, she has the lowest single target damage, but her wave clear is asinine levels of good and you can actually stack her light buffs. Focus spirit stacks with them also, meaning that for a short time even her single target DPS goes complete God Mode.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Shin is probably still recovering from Lucky Star lol, Lana is fine by me. *stereotypical wink and V-sign* Moe!

I swear Ganondorf is the best boss smasher, I feel like Ghirahim kills Characters quicker, but even Ganon's standard combo cuts clean through weak point gauges.
Ganondorf plus Rapier Zelda is THE boss killer team.

Spinner has been hella fun so far though, the alts are really easy to get too. ;)

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I'm still missing a character and two weapons for Link, I've been too busy with Smash and FE Awakening to unlock stuff in Hyrule Warriors. Ganon's combo where he brings the giant shadow demon does bring forth and sometimes kill the keep boss in the first issue of the combo.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Your Ganon placement is too low, imho, a well timed combo with Ganon can legitimately conquer a keep in a single attack, I've done it, lol.

Also he's probably the best at fighting bosses.

Fi, too, she has the lowest single target damage, but her wave clear is asinine levels of good and you can actually stack her light buffs. Focus spirit stacks with them also, meaning that for a short time even her single target DPS goes complete God Mode.
For me, Ganon's speed brings him lower than my B tier. If he has to run around a lot it takes much more time than most characters and he has trouble sneaking in and hitting weak spots on other warriors. Tasks like taking out ReDeads can be a pain compared to faster characters. His strength does well vs weaker enemies and big bosses but he has more trouble in harder difficulty levels and adventure maps.

For Fi, I think while she has good combo attacks her attack speed is very slow so it takes too long to get to a good attack. Her skating makes it hard to enter a run sometimes and hard to exploit weak point gauges. Fi could fit in low C tier.

Both these characters struggle if the enemy is strong.
That's my reasoning. *shrug

Last edited:

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
We're talking about Hyrule Warriors now? *squee!*

If it weren't for Smash 4, I'd be playing it a lot more. I'm actually very surprised how much I enjoy the game. So much Zelda fanservice with gameplay that's very cathartic.

Hyrule Warriors is a great time sink with some fun gameplay. It gets a bit repetitive but it's worth over a hundred hours of play based on fighter variety alone, imho. Not a truly great game, nor a true Zelda, imho, but good fanservice and a fine snack to hold us over.

It let me play as Fi, which is all I ever wanted, so I guess I can forgive it for forcing Lana on us, who is the worst thing to happen to Zelda games since water physics.
Dem's fightin' words, son. Lana's great.

Last edited:

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Normally I'd applaud someone for standing up for characters they like, and I had in the past, but Shin's photobucket is a deep, dark, dank, cesspool of apathy for decency and loathing for human life that I would prefer not to tread again.

I like Lana, bubbly cheerful characters are the grape jelly on my grim determination sandwich that make the thing bearable. Link and Ganondorf are the Milk/Chocolate Milk that help me wash it all down. Plus I've got a weak spot for cute girls >.>

Top Bottom