• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
What's up Link mains and enthusiasts? The Dk boards are currently discussing Link in our MU thread. We would appreciate any opinions, strategies, and in-depth discussion you guys could contribute on the MU.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've been stressed out because my mom's cat was sick and we had to keep her at the vet overnight. She's feeling better today thankfully. /ssdd

I ordered the mp3 player from amazon.

Haven't had much time for smash lately. Kudos to the active Link players doing work :)

/stuff

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
British Link BlessedSpartan is now fast asleep in my house, as is his friend, in the same way that their senses are asleep and will be rudely awoken by Amsterdam later today... Friday we will visit a biweekly; Saturday we will visit Avalon, and Cat will be there too.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
British Link BlessedSpartan is now fast asleep in my house, as is his friend, in the same way that their senses are asleep and will be rudely awoken by Amsterdam later today... Friday we will visit a biweekly; Saturday we will visit Avalon, and Cat will be there too.
Don't do any weird butt stuff to them whilst they slumber.

epicnights

Smash Apprentice
NNID
epicnights
In preparation for CEO this year, I've decided to commit myself to a Saitama-style tech skill training regimen for every day of June up to CEO in order to build my consistency levels. The only issue is... I don't know what tech I should practice! The only one I can think of at the moment is IZAC's, but I'm sure there are other techs I could practice that can be integrated into my gameplan. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Guess this is Day 0 of the Saitama Techskill Program(STP?), since June hasn't started yet. I did 100 minutes of instant Z-drop/IZAC practice today, and Jesus that felt longer than I expected it to. Probably will have to do a stretch break at the halfway marks next time. In addition, I think my second tech in the STP will be that quick zair ledgegrab method that Foxy talked about somewhere in the metagame thread, I'll have to go find it. still not sure on a third, though.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Catana Catana saw you got 9th at Avalon, great work :b:

I got some much needed spring cleaning done. Killed a spider ( Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive ) :grin:. I played some wifi smash but am also playing Shovel Knight Plague of Shadows DLC. It's fun and free, I wish more developers would do that. I saw some big horned sheep when driving the other day but didn't have my camera.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
You know, I walked 2 hours on bare feet while drunk to prove I was like Ryu and Corrin and they still haven't healed entirely, I'm about done seeing that ***** ever again

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Don't be silly.
I saw Captain America Civil War. Great superhero movie and they actually did Spiderman right.
Haven't seen it yet but I'm glad to hear that.
Edit, Zero made a video on how to beat Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRzFs_OrAew
...if Link plays like a total idiot.
This is so stupid. I had intended to critique it when I heard he was doing this, because I knew it would be bad, but there's literally no point.
I should totally link people to it in the stickied thread XD.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Don't be silly.

Haven't seen it yet but I'm glad to hear that.

This is so stupid. I had intended to critique it when I heard he was doing this, because I knew it would be bad, but there's literally no point.
I should totally link people to it in the stickied thread XD.
That series is meant for super beginners, which is why I never posted it here. He plans on labeling them with a huge disclaimer going forward.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I suppose that makes sense but it would have to be for super noobs. The advice is so generic and exclusive to low level play. It's like the 4th panel here:

Alfador!

Smash Cadet
NNID
ninjaswhere
3DS FC
5043-5454-9792
Edit, Zero made a video on how to beat Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRzFs_OrAew
...if Link plays like a total idiot.
I love Dilbert :3
Hohoho - so I just watched the zero guide video myself and was just grinning like a fool the whole time. It's great in its own unintentionally subversive way :D That's all you have to know about beating link! I promise. ^^

Last edited:

Blessed Spartan

Smash Rookie
Yo guys, just a request ( actually i think i asked this b4 but nothing came of it)

Can we please clean out the MU threads for the Link, theres some outdated information in them.Or better yet can we just have bullet points listing the Key Points about a specific character. It would make things easier then having to read through tons of comments that someone will just correct after. Sort of like Foxy's ATs. maybe it could go in there aswell?

cheers God Bless

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Yo guys, just a request ( actually i think i asked this b4 but nothing came of it)

Can we please clean out the MU threads for the Link, theres some outdated information in them.Or better yet can we just have bullet points listing the Key Points about a specific character. It would make things easier then having to read through tons of comments that someone will just correct after. Sort of like Foxy's ATs. maybe it could go in there aswell?

cheers God Bless
Thank you for bringing this up. I think it's something that definitely needs attention.

There are a few ways we could do this that I can think of (perhaps you can think of more), but only two that I'd be happy with. The fact is that I don't have the time to do it all myself, so while that is an option, that's not going to happen.

First idea:
I'd be happy to arrange it so that any of you who are willing to help are given the OP to any of the current MU threads that haven't been updated ever. Once given the thread you will be free to update the OP with a list of points that currently apply to the MU and keep it up to date from that point onward. The more volunteers the easier this will be for all of us. Just nominate yourself for a thread or two, or however many you'd be happy to take care of. With that said, if you own a MU thread already, maybe give the OP a tinker just to let people know that you've got it covered. Obviously some discretion will have to be used here; if for example the OP is owned by a regular to the boards, then you'd better check with them first.
Owning a thread is a privilege. While I will always be loathe to change owners of threads where the original owner has put any kind of effort into the OP at all at any stage (see for example the fact that Elessar still owns the MU index thread even though I've been taking care of it since he left), if the current owner of the thread has made the thread with minimal effort and originally made the thread without any intention of keeping the OP up to date and indeed has shown no signs of doing so, then they have forfeited their rights to the thread as far as I'm concerned. Just so we're clear, this rather specific and harsh stance on thread ownership will pretty much only ever apply to the MU threads, so you don't need to worry about anything as a fellow content creator.

Second idea:
Everyone discuss what changes you'd like to see made, e.g. come to some kind of consensus as to what things should go in the list of currently relevant points that you'd like to see appear in the OP of any specific MU thread, then once you're ready, tag me and the owner (may as well give them the benefit of the doubt) and it will be edited in at some point magically.

Of course there's no reason why we can't do both ideas. Your move people.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
I feel like an issue with the first option is that there will still be cruft throughout the threads related to older patches. I guess a summary OP does change that though. I figure things like Stryker's post would at the top at least.

Essentially having a summary OP will make sure points that we have a general consensus on will actually be in the OP, and things under discussion (or just wrong) will remain in the individual posts.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I feel like an issue with the first option is that there will still be cruft throughout the threads related to older patches. I guess a summary OP does change that though. I figure things like Stryker's post would at the top at least.

Essentially having a summary OP will make sure points that we have a general consensus on will actually be in the OP, and things under discussion (or just wrong) will remain in the individual posts.
There's not really much we can do about the fact that MU threads were started before the patches were finished. At most I could delete posts that relate purely to pre-patch stuff that isn't even quoted by a post that goes on to talk about post-patch stuff, but then we're not really solving the problem by doing that.
If the OP is written correctly, it could note that posts below talking about 'X' should be ignored as 'X' has been patched out.
Stryker's posts can be quoted by the OP owner so that it appears in the OP.

Alfador!

Smash Cadet
NNID
ninjaswhere
3DS FC
5043-5454-9792
*checks thread title*
Omg a Link's Awakening reference. my people...

I just replayed that game and the writing is so wonderful it continues to draw laughs for me.

Last edited:

LakerLink

Smash Cadet
So last weekend we had our first organized tourney on the east side of WA, we actually got a decent turnout 78 ppl not bad, I won two matches and I lost two. A little Mac knocked me into losers, idk why I have so much trouble with that matchup.

I ended up getting knocked out of the tourney by suposely Idaho s number 2 player. He countered picked fox, we went 1 and 1. I had stock lead on him and some how I couldn't get the kill. He played it off like he had that win in the bag the whole time after the match but yea lucky ass, Idaho has some garbage players if he is the number two.

As far as cat list go I would drop both pits to the 50 50 range and I would bring yoshi and little Mac up on the 55 45 matchup list.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
I just realized, do we not have a DThrow to UAir %age range (even w/ no rage)? Like Fox's DThrow followup guide shows when to start using it, but it doesn't really show when to stop using it, and when it actually kills.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I just realized, do we not have a DThrow to UAir %age range (even w/ no rage)? Like Fox's DThrow followup guide shows when to start using it, but it doesn't really show when to stop using it, and when it actually kills.
When it kills will depend on which stage you're on and whether you're on a platform etc, and it will also depend largely on whether they airdodge or not to avoid the more powerful initial hitbox (which is what will happen at these higher percents, character depednant), but then if you know they're going to airdodge and they seem content to get hit by the sourspot and live, you should bait out the airdodge and hit them with a Fair which will kill at that percent. But you see, already we're entering the realms of what is not necessarily guaranteed, and my d-throw post isn't concerned with such things. You need to make such judgement calls for yourself. That's why I tend to drop off toward the end because there's not much more to say.

Top Bottom