• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Isn't that just a rumor, though?
Without a writer attached to the project yet, there is no firm timetable for if and when the series might become a reality. Netflix is reportedly working closely with Nintendo to develop the series. That was the last thing I heard about it, but hopefully it doesn't become a reality.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
So the bracket for Avalon U-2 this saturday has been released and has me as 4th seed (out of 128): http://i.imgur.com/xjCU4vC.jpg (right below Mr.R's quarter of the bracket).
While Izaw has, well... let's just say his is quite a bit lower.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
For what it's worth, a low tier (Dr. Mario) can beat a pretty high tier (Pikachu) when in the right hands (Nairo) lol with players of similar aptitude. It shows the game is more balanced than previous games imo.

I can see where the tier list is coming from though. Basically S, A & B is what you see in your top 8s and top 32s for US nationals with the occasional entrant from C & D. You pretty much never see the folks in E except as secondaries, and F has G&W and WFT trainer with really any sort of representation in top 32 in US nationals.

I may be surprised to see Bowser so high up though, since I've seen pretty much no representation for him...

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I'd personally have Link 1 tier higher but it looks pretty good. I'm glad to see some Link reps like Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive voting on that. :)
I had Link up two more spots, which incidentally would have kept him in the same tier anyway. Oh well. The placements varied more noticabely below top 15 between each vote, so all things considered, I think his placement is fair enough.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
a zelda manga..? dear ****ing god no..
There are actually quite a few of them, and they're pretty good. Just think of them as story book versions of the games with lots of pictures and art. What's going on with Skype though?

As for the tier list at best we should be somewhere in E tier. Looks like we've got some work to do, yeah. If we get any significant changes next patch then we can pretty much consider this tier list irrelevant.

Last edited:

rosebudz

Smash Rookie
I'm hoping for something good for Link this patch. I might be more excited for potential buffs than characters lol

What would Link need right now, though? I don't exactly know what I'd want to see in terms of buffs.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I'm hoping for something good for Link this patch. I might be more excited for potential buffs than characters lol

What would Link need right now, though? I don't exactly know what I'd want to see in terms of buffs.
A buff in aerial mobility or getting jab 1 cancel back are the most obvious picks at this point. Besides that, frame data buffs on Nair and jab 1 would be nice.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
jesus ****ing christ how many ****ing times are we going to hear the ****ing potential ****ing buffs ****ing talk, what about just wait it out and stop obsessing about what a bunch of japanese game developers decide or won't decide to put into game code, holy ****ing **** IT'S LIKE EVERY WEEK FOR GODS SAKE

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Yeah there might be another to fix the new DLC characters but at least we're seeing light at the end of the tunnel. Soon we can focus on the meta without it being patched every 3 months or so.

rosebudz

Smash Rookie
^Yeah there might be another to fix the new DLC characters but at least we're seeing light at the end of the tunnel. Soon we can focus on the meta without it being patched every 3 months or so.
It'd be very cool to see what happens within individual character metas once that door's finally closed, y'know?

Last edited:

epicnights

Smash Apprentice
NNID
epicnights
Not too important, but any chance of getting Link AT's on theSmashpad app? I know Praxis has a thread on the main competitive board asking for help, maybe our local BR member Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive would be willing to help. Not that you have to of course, I'm sure you're a busy fox :estatic:

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Dumbfire Dumbfire - I'm not expecting anything for Link, but it's just interesting to see what changes they make across the board, and if it changes up gameplay at all. Last patch seemed to be a buff low tiers patch, so I kind of assume other characters would get a turn (like Jigglypuff or something). Remember that we got shield stun in one of the patches, which I think was a pretty big change across the board.

Last edited:

ZeldaZephyr

Smash Apprentice
Beautiful, nothing ****s up something good like spinoffs. What was great about the LoZ series is it left a lot to the imagination. It was this legend passed down through the ages, veiled in mist and unique in each retelling. As a kid I made up all this lore and games based on the NES, Super NES and gameboy LoZs.
Now it's become a series of hand-holding, overly narrated, highschool romance, anime puzzle games. The awe of exploration and mystery of the world is a fading dream.

Games like LoZ NES, ALttP, LA, and Majora's Mask (not 3D) were great. Hell, even TP and OoT had a big world to ride a horse around, find mysterious ruins and caves in. I hope the Wii U LoZ gets back to the legend and cuts the slice of life BS.
Man, that was Skyward Sword with the freaking hand holding (Fi) and the high school romance crap. And I agree. TP had this huge world to explore and the Horseback riding was exhilarating! It got my adventurous spirit pumped. I've been playing the older Zelda titles on my 3DS. :)

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Not too important, but any chance of getting Link AT's on theSmashpad app? I know Praxis has a thread on the main competitive board asking for help, maybe our local BR member Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive would be willing to help. Not that you have to of course, I'm sure you're a busy fox :estatic:
I saw that thread soon after it was made and I wasn't really interested tbh, partly because I don't use apps and partly because I've already done it. If anyone wants to find Link's AT's they should have no trouble locating them in all their fleshed-out detail, so I don't see the point, and something tells me that if I did see the point I wouldn't care enough XD.

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187
I played the currently ranked 1st player on Anther's today. He said something to me...

image.jpeg

I'm really happy right now. :D

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive did you really just double post you ****ing ************

I played the currently ranked 1st player on Anther's today. He said something to me...

View attachment 94938

I'm really happy right now. :D
1. lol anthers
2. he was probably just being nice
3. he probably doesnt know **** about link
4. why fanboying?
5. why happy cause a wifi player gave you a compliment and while you lost?

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187
1. lol anthers
2. he was probably just being nice
3. he probably doesnt know **** about link
4. why fanboying?
5. why happy cause a wifi player gave you a compliment and while you lost?
1. I'm not old enough to drive to events, I'm a student, and have strict dad. Verily, this means that there isn't much I can do offline outside of our monthlies.

2. You've seen a very small portion of our chat, how can you assume that he'd otherwise dismiss my skill?

3. Does it require a someone knowledgeable about Link to say I'm a good player?

4. I just played a set with him, and I'm clearly not obsessing here.

5. Need I have won to be happy with my result?

I've been feeling down about myself in recent events, so seeing him compliment me made me feel better. Why do you question the validity of my happiness?

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
1. I'm not old enough to drive to events, I'm a student, and have strict dad. Verily, this means that there isn't much I can do offline outside of our monthlies.

2. You've seen a very small portion of our chat, how can you assume that he'd otherwise dismiss my skill?

3. Does it require a someone knowledgeable about Link to say I'm a good player?

4. I just played a set with him, and I'm clearly not obsessing here.

5. Need I have won to be happy with my result?

I've been feeling down about myself in recent events, so seeing him compliment me made me feel better. Why do you question the validity of my happiness?
1. lol anthers
2. ez
3. well no cuz lets face the truth we know ur not anyway xd
4. im so happy #1-senpai called me a good link, uguu~
5. ye

Rizen

Smash Legend
Some DLC stuff involving Link. Link has no changes :glare:. Bayonetta's witch time doesn't affect Link when he uses projectiles so he might have a good zoning game vs her. Any attack including arrows and Zair cancel Corin's neutral B no matter the charge. Generally they look like characters to take to BF.

Anime men are THE most effeminate men you can find.

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Some DLC stuff involving Link. Link has no changes :glare:. Bayonetta's witch time doesn't affect Link when he uses projectiles so he might have a good zoning game vs her.
Boomerang to Fair isn't a safe option on her. She can Witch Time our Fair, it's so stupid.

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
Boomerang to Fair isn't a safe option on her. She can Witch Time our Fair, it's so stupid.
It's ridiculous how long Witch Time lasts and how safe it is for her to throw out because of Bat Within.

Last edited:

rosebudz

Smash Rookie
Is anyone able to consistently do the more difficult bombslides? Like the backwards (not fake out), soft throw, and tilt ones? They seem really useful, but I don't know if they are realistic enough for me to learn.

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187
Is anyone able to consistently do the more difficult bombslides? Like the backwards (not fake out), soft throw, and tilt ones? They seem really useful, but I don't know if they are realistic enough for me to learn.
No one has perfected those, they all require stupidly strict inputs.

The important ones are:
Down Throw fake out: Z -> A-Stick down -> up
Back Throw fake out: Z -> (opposite direction) A-Stick -> up
Forward Throw (non fake out): (hold) A -> (next frame) B -> up

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Zane the Pure has full backward bombslide reasonably consistent. The only guy labbing into getting those others consistent was FSK, who was unsuccessful at the point he quit anyway.

Top Bottom