• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
I can't wait until he's revealed and he somehow ends up as being one of the worst characters in the game and everybody drops him like a hot potato.

No doubt he'll be around Bowser's weight unless Sakurai decides to pull some Mewtwo bull****.

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Last night at a venue, someone was talking about a new Smash 4 character leak. They said that Issac, Shantae, K.Rool, and Snake were coming.
I feel like this story should/could only end with, "My dad works for Nintendo." lol

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I've been meaning to ask but what do you guys think of Mii Swordfighter gameplay wise (assuming you can use all Mii Specials)? He really does come off as dancing around the edge of what counts as a semi clone of Link so I wanted to know what you think of him, if anything.

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187
I've been meaning to ask but what do you guys think of Mii Swordfighter gameplay wise (assuming you can use all Mii Specials)? He really does come off as dancing around the edge of what counts as a semi clone of Link so I wanted to know what you think of him, if anything.
They only really have spin attack, uair, utilt, usmash, and dsmash in common. Besides that and the Link tunic, there isn't much that ties them together. As such, no, I do not regard the two as clones or even semi clones.

Ganondorf is considered a semi clone of Falcon, and they have much, much more in common than Mii Swordfighter and Link.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
They only really have spin attack, uair, utilt, usmash, and dsmash in common. Besides that and the Link tunic, there isn't much that ties them together. As such, no, I do not regard the two as clones or even semi clones.

Ganondorf is considered a semi clone of Falcon, and they have much, much more in common than Mii Swordfighter and Link.
Swordfighter also has Link's jab and even has his pre nerf jab cancel. His throws are also like link with f and b throws involving a single kick or thei up throw being a slash upwards. Furthermore he has moves that aren't a direct one to one but are still inspired by Link's arsenal like Chakram is to Boomerang and their up airs being a stab to the sky.
Of course there are moves that aren't taken/Inspired From Link, like the rest of his aerial and stuff which is why I said he dances in the line between not clone and semi throw still feel free to believe that he isn't anywhere close to a clone as that is true with the right angle.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I don't think Mii Sword Fighter is a semi-clone of Link. Link's moveset and gameplan are very different.

I beat Lost Light in DS2. Poor Death spends a ton of time doing missions for something he'll ultimately have to kill at the end of the world. If ever you find a weapon with wrath or health steal keep it! Use it to make the ultimate possessed weapon. I think my favorite dungeons are Ivory Citadel, Drenchfort and the Lost Temple. They're so beautiful and I like the mechanic of (mostly) restoring the area to it's former glory.

Caiahar

Smash Rookie
What's the deal with Shantae..

I can see it..ShantaeXLink!!

Zelda (and peach) will never forgive him..

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey you Link mains. How is it going?

I just go back from a sailing trip. It was very fun, though couldn't stop think of Wind Waker the who time I was on it. Or Jack Sparrow's theme song.

Last night at a venue, someone was talking about a new Smash 4 character leak. They said that Issac, Shantae, K.Rool, and Snake were coming.
Well if that message from the form employee for nintendo is anything to go by, I don't thinkk i would be Shantae, K.Rool or Snake.

I wouldn't say his a semi clone, but he does feel very similar to Link in play style IMO. I just wish he could wall jump tho :(

I will never understand the popularity surrounding K Rool.
Neither. I don't know why, he just doesn't seem to fit smash for me.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I beat Darksiders 2 including all abyssal armor and the crucible. Now I can pick up Smash4 again.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
I fixed 4 miles of toilet seats while jogging...on the moon.
Pics. or it didn't happen.
Having a cold sucks. Welp, time to post this on DF's Facebook page.

You know, it's a slow night, it's 1:15 AM, and I'm still not sleepy. Here's a random video of the Melee Dubs Grand Finals I recorded. Went double Kirby last match. Was a fun set. I'm player 4.

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Pics. or it didn't happen.
Having a cold sucks. Welp, time to post this on DF's Facebook page.

You know, it's a slow night, it's 1:15 AM, and I'm still not sleepy. Here's a random video of the Melee Dubs Grand Finals I recorded. Went double Kirby last match. Was a fun set. I'm player 4.

I believe this speaks for itself.

My photographer only had so much zoom.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Why is it that 90% of the time I pop on here I'm hearing about someone's daily workout routine? Lol

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Cat got third today at a national, taking out very notable players such as Europe's best Ness (who has beaten the likes of J.miller before). Much of it was captured on stream, with me commentating. I got way lower, probably 17th again, but got two of my losers sets saved. Z3ph1r was 33rd or so I think. We also have Z3ph's redone losers semis set against Cat for the wifight tourney and two of the games for me and Z3phs losers finals which was cut short. Get ready for some footage

Rizen

Smash Legend
Cat got third today at a national, taking out very notable players such as Europe's best Ness (who has beaten the likes of J.miller before). Much of it was captured on stream, with me commentating. I got way lower, probably 17th again, but got two of my losers sets saved. Z3ph1r was 33rd or so I think. We also have Z3ph's redone losers semis set against Cat for the wifight tourney and two of the games for me and Z3phs losers finals which was cut short. Get ready for some footage
Great work you guys! :awesome:

I hadn't played for a few weeks and am rust as hell. I did a bit better today but mistimed/spaced everything. :dizzy:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
When are you boys going to an 'Murica tourney?

Top Bottom