• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Rizen

Smash Legend
I got some good wifi games in with FSK today :) IDK how anyone can say Ganon is better than Link.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
We don't insult people out of nowhere, ever.

By the way @ link7 link7 , you are a cheap, mawkish, unaesthetic, conscience-stricken fool with a peasant's distrust of ideas. Your ways of thinking are the marks of the peasant's ******* offspring—of the peasant long ground down into the mud. You should return to the dunghill where you came from, you cowardly and callous coxcomb. I hope your decaying body is thrown in the sewer next to filth and feces, where you belong.

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
I got some good wifi games in with FSK today :) IDK how anyone can say Ganon is better than Link.
Many people create their own mental 'tier lists' based on how easy a character is to play well with. Ganon = easier to play than Link, so Ganon is obviously better.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Many people create their own mental 'tier lists' based on how easy a character is to play well with. Ganon = easier to play than Link, so Ganon is obviously better.
Ganon also gets away with a lot on wifi.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I read what you said, but what ama did was still wrong and uncalled for. That's all there is to it.
I find it interesting that you would attack Ama for calling him pathetic, but not FSK for calling him a fool. I'm guessing that pathetic is harsher than fool? Is that it, are we discussing semantics? How if I called him vain? Or silly?

Oh, that's right, how silly of me! I actually got reprimanded once for saying that there are many pre-prubecent children in here because apparently a normal stage in human development is now offensive according to the hyper sensibilities of spoiled, sheltered individuals.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I find it interesting that you would attack Ama for calling him pathetic, but not FSK for calling him a fool. I'm guessing that pathetic is harsher than fool? Is that it, are we discussing semantics? How if I called him vain? Or silly?

Oh, that's right, how silly of me! I actually got reprimanded once for saying that there are many pre-prubecent children in here because apparently a normal stage in human development is now offensive according to the hyper sensibilities of spoiled, sheltered individuals.
I actually had thought that both were from ama, my bad about that. Let's just drop it here, alright? It's clear that arguing with you is pointless.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I actually had thought that both were from ama, my bad about that. Let's just drop it here, alright? It's clear that arguing with you is pointless.
Oh who's arguing? Were you arguing? I thought we were just having a conversation. However, if that is arguing for you I must say that you have lackluster abilities. You still haven't given me an example of someone being flamed for no reason. You have also failed to properly address any of my points and keep stating your arguments in a matter-of-fact way. You also keep asking to end the conversation after you expound your opinions but before I can challenge them.

You know what, you are right, this was an argument. I got confused and thought this was a debate, but an argument (illogical, visceral, emotional) seems more of a fitting description to your approach at conversations. You clearly "argue" with the notion that unless the other party concedes to your opinion, they are being unreasonable. It's not you who might be mistaken, God forbid; it's clearly the other party who is being a stuck up unreasonable prick.

Rizen

Smash Legend
The wind upB gives some height but the big buff is to Link's air speed and sideways movement. Too bad it doesn't snap to ledges; it might have been better than the normal SA.

FSK

Smash Ace
At the end of watching this I was like 'wth is with all the related videos?', then I realised. "BF".
Changed the title, hopefully that stuff will go away.

Upon doing this I also discovered that Izaw's vid Art of Link 2 is wrong when it comes to releasing the tether. It has nothing to do with rotating the control stick quickly. In smash 4 and the games in general you cannot fast fall if you have and upwards momentum. To not fast fall when releasing for the tether you need to press down when Link is moving upwards in the swing. You don't even have to rotate the control stick to any direction you can press down and hold it there if you like. As long as you do it in the part of the swing when Link has upward momentum you will not fast fall.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Oh who's arguing? Were you arguing? I thought we were just having a conversation. However, if that is arguing for you I must say that you have lackluster abilities. You still haven't given me an example of someone being flamed for no reason. You have also failed to properly address any of my points and keep stating your arguments in a matter-of-fact way. You also keep asking to end the conversation after you expound your opinions but before I can challenge them.

You know what, you are right, this was an argument. I got confused and thought this was a debate, but an argument (illogical, visceral, emotional) seems more of a fitting description to your approach at conversations. You clearly "argue" with the notion that unless the other party concedes to your opinion, they are being unreasonable. It's not you who might be mistaken, God forbid; it's clearly the other party who is being a stuck up unreasonable prick.
This reaction is to be expected. I don't blame you. To my understanding, an argument and a debate are very alike, so I assumed that using the term "argument" was fine.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
This reaction is to be expected. I don't blame you. To my understanding, an argument and a debate are very alike, so I assumed that using the term "argument" was fine.
Oh, I thought you finished the "argument" since talking to me was pointless. Are we not done? Or is the problem that you need to have the last word? It's clearly not that you gave to defend your post by of views from my arguments because you never address anything I say, so I'm assuming that being the last one to "talk" equates to "winning" in you head?

Kudos for trying to seem mature with that "to be expected" comment. You failed spectacularly, but kudos for the measly effort.

Rizen

Smash Legend
You guys know you can ignore users who irk you? Just saying. Anyway I've got to go. Peace.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
We don't insult people out of nowhere, ever.

By the way @ link7 link7 , you are a cheap, mawkish, unaesthetic, conscience-stricken fool with a peasant's distrust of ideas. Your ways of thinking are the marks of the peasant's ******* offspring—of the peasant long ground down into the mud. You should return to the dunghill where you came from, you cowardly and callous coxcomb. I hope your decaying body is thrown in the sewer next to filth and feces, where you belong.
I've never heard such beautiful poetry. Come fly over here so we can make love.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Warning Received
Oh, I thought you finished the "argument" since talking to me was pointless. Are we not done? Or is the problem that you need to have the last word? It's clearly not that you gave to defend your post by of views from my arguments because you never address anything I say, so I'm assuming that being the last one to "talk" equates to "winning" in you head?

Kudos for trying to seem mature with that "to be expected" comment. You failed spectacularly, but kudos for the measly effort.
The "argument" has been over you malignant little ****. I don't address anything you say because you'll just find some way to counteract it despite how full of BS that counteractment is.

Did I do good?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
In the Brawl days, you would usually get flamed because the flamer felt flaming the flamee was a justification to flame...because he just wanted to flame.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
The "argument" has been over you malignant little sh#t. I don't address anything you say because you'll just find some way to counteract it despite how full of BS that counteractment is.

Did I do good?
Dis guy man, dis guy. lmfao so much lulz

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
In the Brawl days, you would usually get flamed because the flamer felt flaming the flamee was a justification to flame...because he just wanted to flame.
Lawz knows what's up. You've been missed.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
I think I'll flame a bit later. I've got so much pent up aggression today. I might type up a few things about our royal highness, Elessar Elessar .
D'aaaaww what happened, did someone reject you? Were your parents angry at you? Did the local bully make fun of you?

LozNerd

Smash Apprentice
So, I am an okay Link in ssb4 wii u and I want to get to tournament level. Anyone on wii u maining link and is good at him to help me and give me advice?

Thanks!

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Man, the sass in this board has been nuts lately

So, I am an okay Link in ssb4 wii u and I want to get to tournament level. Anyone on wii u maining link and is good at him to help me and give me advice?

Thanks!
As many would tell you (especially us Links) is that the basics of smash will take you a loooong way. This can go for every character buts it's true. You can know a ton of gimmicks and tricks but at the end of the day if you can't perform many basic things you will lose. You have to build these instincts and then you can grow as a specific character using more and more tricks and advanced techniques.

If I remember right, Fox's Link AT thread also links to info on the rudimentaries but I may be mistaken. Definitely hunt these done, nonetheless

Last edited:

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
So I've been playing a lot of splatoon recently... It's actually a pretty good game and not nearly as repetitive as I thought it might be. Do any of you have the game? If so, what's your favorite weapon in each of the modes? I like the splattershot junior in Turf Wars (Bubbler OP) and the Custom Blaster in Splat Zones (Bubbler OP!)

**** off, Cat ****.
Say what you want about him, he's learning our language.

So I've been playing a lot of splatoon recently... It's actually a pretty good game and not nearly as repetitive as I thought it might be. Do any of you have the game? If so, what's your favorite weapon in each of the modes? I like the splattershot junior in Turf Wars (Bubbler OP) and the Custom Blaster in Splat Zones (Bubbler OP!)
I change up what I run, but usually it's the .96 Gal, one of the many chargers, or the inkbrush just because I love the slapfights.

It really is an addicting game, and I love everything about it. I am the freshest there has ever been.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015

Thanks!
We actually have a couple things on the boards for you to check out. One being the AT thread like ShinnyMetal said, the other being the metagame thread. I hope the Link boards can help you improve your Sm4sh Link game. As far as I can tell, this is one of the only places you can get this much Link info. If you have any questions, make sure to ask them in their corresponding thread to prevent clutter on the boards. And if you plan on sticking around, read the rules (like, seriously).

Last edited:

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
We actually have a couple things on the boards for you to check out. One being the AT thread like ShinnyMetal said, the other being the metagame thread. I hope the Link boards can help you improve your Sm4sh Link game. As far as I can tell, this is one of the only places you can get this much Link info. If you have any questions, make sure to ask them in their corresponding thread to prevent clutter on the boards. And if you plan on sticking around, read the rules (like, seriously).
Lol man you're not a salesman

Top Bottom