• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Linguini(Marth) vs Lambchops(Snake) Set * Critique*

peNNy

Smash Cadet
Splendid, he´s kinda similar to mine :D
But i think you´re a bit better... i dont really know... i rarely player 1on1 ;o

How did you record that vid?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I only watched the first one, but from what I saw excellent Marth.

You played exactly the way any Marth should when playing someone that can camp him.

You camped just outside of thier range with fairs and d-tilts and you ledge camped your *** off, but you did so intelligently.

Excellent.

I will say use more dancing blade, cuz that **** is too nice. Also try more ground approach since Snake's f-tilt can outrange your fair, but not your d-tilt or your f-smash.

Also you made good use of shieldbreaker, which impressed me since not alot of Marth's realize how awesome that move is.

Try using more foxtrots and also walking to make finer adjustments to spacing. Now that WD is gone, we need all the spacing tools we can get.

Also good stuff on gimping Snake on that first stock.

I treuly believe that Marth goes even with Snake and has the tools to contend with campers and you used alot of the strats that I thought would be effective.

Great Marth and keep up the good work.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
I loved it. All the dairs off the ledge surprised me, since I don't see Marths using them anymore. More dancing blade would = win. Also, I loved the nairs on the ledge. I need to try those out.

Freakin_Lu

Smash Rookie
hhmm, sweet vids.
got some neat little tricks out of that.

snake player was actually impressive.
^_^

supak

Smash Cadet
Not bad. I only watched video #2, however.

I would like to see use of Counter. You didn't use it once in that match where it would have been more effective in certain situations. (ie: He mortars right in front of you and you have a wide opening, you FAir to take the opening, but get hit by the mortar. If you use counter, you would have blocked the mortar and taken the opening simultaneously.)

I also would like to see use of shield breaker, it IS a slow move, but with its long range and above ground hitbox, you should have been able to break Snake's shield when he grenade-shielded, and ended him being hurt by his own grenade or a smash.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Jesus linguini....you are too good! Very nice ending on the last match, nair ftw. We need to play sometime. Lol lambchops your **** is big? Linguini owned you when he won, and you barely won when you did. Very nice 63% on the second stock of last match though, very nice ^_^

TheLake

Smash Master
Its "hard" to follow up a comment like that...hehe get it? No...? ****....*sigh*

Oh well amazing matches and lambchops is the coolest snake around.

Thaiguy

Smash Rookie
Linguini, how do you do the neutral air off the ledge? when i try it i make a full hop not a short one like yours which can hit the legs.

Linguini

Smash Master
Linguini, how do you do the neutral air off the ledge? when i try it i make a full hop not a short one like yours which can hit the legs.
Well, I usually like to stall on the edge with the nair in brawl since you can do it and grab the ledge right afterwards. But when I do go on the stage I just drop a little lower than usual before I use my jump to get on the stage with the nair. This is better because the nair hits more above in brawl.

kook321

Smash Apprentice
OMG, just notice that there was no tripping in any of the videos. Just thought that was interesting, starting to think its not random.
Good matches though, I learned some good techniques and it made me like snake. Hey Linguini did you abandon ganon, i did. He is just to ugly.

kook321

Smash Apprentice
OMG, just notice that there was no tripping in any of the videos. Just thought that was interesting, starting to think its not random.
Good matches though, I learned some good techniques and it made me like snake. Hey Linguini did you abandon ganon, i did. He is just too ugly.

sorry for the double post. stupid slow computer

uremog

Smash Ace
very impressive on both sides! i love the spacing. you seem apprehensive about using your dj for chasing off the edge though. am i just over-rating the value of that for the risk?

and to the last poster, there were some trips

Top Bottom