• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light Shielding Question

SuperSmashNoob

Smash Rookie
I have a quick question about shielding for you guys. To do a full shield (as opposed to a light shield), do you have to press down L/R until you feel the click, or is it sufficient to press it down until you can't press down anymore without feeling the click (if that makes sense)? Right now I'm learning how to wavedash out of shield, and at the moment I use L for everything, but if you have to click to full shield, I'll probably learn to shield with one trigger and wavedash with another. Thanks in advance.

OBI1JABLOMI

Smash Cadet
The light shield only needs the trigger to be pressed down very slightly. If you go past that point, which is way before you feel the click, then you will get the full shield. To wavedash out of shield, I use R to full shield, and while holding it down, I will use L to wavedash in whichever direction I choose. If you hold R throughout the wavedash then when you WD is finished you'll still be shielding which is good against falco's lasers. You could also let go of R in the middle of your wavedash which would allow you to attack.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Also, you could hold down Z to have the lightest possible shield.

Top Bottom