• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light Shield Edge Hog on Marth?

G@BE

Smash Lord
im not sure if this is the right video of me doing it... cuz im at the school and they dont allow falsh players on the computers but i think i did it once or twice in this video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lpJGV4Mkl6Q

basically roll to the edge like i do.. roll till your back is facing it then light sheild the gently hold the control stick to the edge of the stage where he looks like he is leening over a litle and then just wait for them to UP B after that falcon should fall off the ledge on to the side.. then if they sweet spoted it they will fall to there death.. or if they over shot it they will get on the stage setting the selfs up for a perfect knee opertunity..........

my gammer is HORRBILELKSJDLFKJAL:DKJF:LKS JLA:KJSGF:LAKSJ

about your spacies comment... i would like to say up throw chain grab... at about... 70 or 80 depending on how well they DI the throw...

G@BE

Smash Lord
yea get into your light shield then just act like your going to do another roll but dont do a full roll just kinda hold over on the stick a little bit.

So he will lean over the edge but no roll and marths tip will hit it and then it will knock falcon off the edge stright on to the ledge. That should be about it... if im not explaining it right.. just tell me so i can make a stupid little video.

Pi

Smash Hero
Does that light shield thing work for all characters? And if marth sweet spotted the edge, you would not be able to edge hog right? Or does it work regardless?

G@BE

Smash Lord
er.... everychracter can do it to marth.

i dunno actually.. cuz alot of people who i play sweet spot all the time. but i always get them with the light shield trick.

technomancer

Smash Champion
thank you captain obvi----- falcon.

ok so im leaning it towards the edge like the same a falco would do? swear someone told me its away from it. thanks though.
Hold the stick towards the direction that would push you off the stage.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
No, you don't have to let go of the shield button and I would test with your mains if you could before using it competitively, as the lightshield edgehog is based on traction, so a Bowser and Luigi might have different results.

Top Bottom