• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amide

Smash Lord
I really think Obama inside DOES support gay marriage. He's already made it clear that he is giving equal rights, he has said "Homosexuality no more immoral than heterosexuality." "It is not a choice." And he opposes prop 8. (I have a source for these)

I think he just doesn't want to call it marriage to get less crap from lots of people.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
I've never understood the reasoning behind not allowing gays the same rights in terms or marriages or whatever...

The way I see it, how does Gay Couple A's marriage affect me at all? It doesn't. At least not in any adverse way. Therefore, why should it be stopped?

Also, even though this is super mean, I sometimes feel like the old people who vote in accordance with issues that matter to them might be screwing it up for the rest of us. The old people population will eventually die, so their benefit seems short lived. The younger population may face issues that will affect us for the rest of our lives.

Deception

Smash Ace
This sucks. America was supposed to be an opportunity for everyone to be equal, but we still have to oppress those who are different. The Declaration states we are all equal. The Ten Commandments say love thy neighbor as thyself. Humans are bigots, who will sometimes claim their religion backs them up. I'm a Christian, and I'm ashamed some Christians join the haters when their God would be ashamed of them.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
And its ********, seeing as most old people actually vote, and most young people don't.

I think this was a big eye opener for younger voters. Hopefully they won't be lazy next time.

bored

Smash Ace
I've never understood the reasoning behind not allowing gays the same rights in terms or marriages or whatever...

The way I see it, how does Gay Couple A's marriage affect me at all? It doesn't. At least not in any adverse way. Therefore, why should it be stopped?

Also, even though this is super mean, I sometimes feel like the old people who vote in accordance with issues that matter to them might be screwing it up for the rest of us. The old people population will eventually die, so their benefit seems short lived. The younger population may face issues that will affect us for the rest of our lives.
Its simple really:

Religious conservatives.
The bane of existence

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yep me too, only relationships I had were online. ^^;

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah that too, haha. Have a few good friends from school too. :3

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
And its ********, seeing as most old people actually vote, and most young people don't.

I think this was a big eye opener for younger voters. Hopefully they won't be lazy next time.
if only the youth cared enough. They have the opinions, just not the motivation.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hey now, not all of them don't care. ;3 Maybe there just wasn't enough of us. :<

I asked my father what he voted for, and he said the only thing important enough was voting for Obama, and the rest just whatever. So I don't really know if he voted yes or no. Probaly since he was married, I'm not sure...

Red Wolf

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4527-8509-1299
Its kinda odd that it did not pass...I mean gay couples still do everything as any couple would.... Still raise a family, love, enjoy life....they only thing thats missing is the **** acceptence and fricking piece of paper X( ........hmmm I dunno what happened...

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I can't believe Prop 8 passed.

I'm going to go burn some churches out of spite.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
and the circle of hate continues... w00t w00t :ohwell:

just get out there and spread awareness to those who can be swayed to our cause. The elderly, chances are, are out of the question, but everyone else is fair game! ^.^

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Unfortunately I'm one of those people who can vote but doesn't, due to a apathy. Additionally, I don't feel like I'm very educated in terms of the presidential candidates and their policies to be perfectly honest, and I wouldn't want to vote for someone without knowing exactly what he or she was all about.

And the reason I'm not very educated in terms of the presidential candidates or their stances on issues because politics doesn't seem to matter too much to me, although it should. I don't know...

Maybe one day I'll become more interested in this stuff.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
when you are older.... and more curmudgeonly... and against gay marriage....

START NOW... DON'T BECOME A FOGEY!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
and the circle of hate continues... w00t w00t :ohwell:

just get out there and spread awareness to those who can be swayed to our cause. The elderly, chances are, are out of the question, but everyone else is fair game! ^.^
Yeah, they are taking up space arleady. More old people means less money for us when we retire... Of course, my father is old, so... I dunno. : < Its complicated.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
so we should kill them? or at least lock them in their houses election day?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes, we could lock them in their houses. Make them sleepy, and they'd forget. Whats the big deal, their just
babies
old people. ;3

bored

Smash Ace
I'm curious as to what my parents think about prop 8. I can only guess. Its hard to approach them about this situation. I get to thinking that they might be questioning my sexuality.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Same here, but my father was the only parent that voted, (I mean besides my mother) and I'm not so sure. I would probaly think he did vote yes, since he is married and stuff. I mean, he wasn't educated much, so I can't really say. And his english isn't good.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I thought this quote was appropriate.

it's from the great Sydney Poitier from "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" (1967)

You tell me what rights I've got or haven't got...
...Let me tell you something...
... You can't tell me when or where I'm out of line, or try to get me to live my life according to your rules. You don't even know what I am... you don't know who I am. You don't know how I feel, what I think. And if I tried to explain it the rest of your life you will never understand. You are 30 years older than I am. You and your whole lousy generation believes the way it was for you is the way it's got to be. And not until your whole generation has lain down and died will the dead weight of you be off our backs! You understand, you've got to get off my back!
I kinda took out the parts that make it obvious he's talking to his father... heh. but the rest of it works :)

bored

Smash Ace
My parents are strong Christians, yet they don't discuss homosexuality that much. So its not very clear whether or not they are 'alright' with it. I gave up religion a few months ago, I've come to realize that I've only been following it because my parents told me too. Boy, are they in for a rough ride once they find out who I really am.

marthanoob

Smash Journeyman
"It protects our children from being taught in public schools that “same-sex marriage” is the same as traditional marriage, and prevents other consequences to Californians who will be forced to not just be tolerant of gay lifestyles, but face mandatory compliance regardless of their personal beliefs." - protectmarriage.com

How could they delusion the poor, innocent, mentally ******** children who don't know the difference between two simple concepts? Everyone knows that same-sex marriage is the devil. It's shientifrically proven by the lawd.
How dare the government force me to give other people equal rights as me?!? This is supposed to be a free country! I can discriminate whoever I want and I can take away whichever rights of whatever minority I want! "Mandatory compliance" my ***.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
My parents are strong Christians, yet they don't discuss homosexuality that much. So its not very clear whether or not they are 'alright' with it. I gave up religion a few months ago, I've come to realize that I've only been following it because my parents told me too. Boy, are they in for a rough ride once they find out who I really am.
nothing made me laugh and cry harder inside than when my mom told me "I thought I raised you better than that" when I voted to support gay marriage.

*looks at Bored's location on his avatar*

it's okay that you're a ****

*pats*

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Old people shouldn't be able to vote on things that effect their children's children.

bored

Smash Ace
nothing made me laugh and cry harder inside than when my mom told me "I thought I raised you better than that" when I voted to support gay marriage.
Yeah. I can just hear my mother now, 'You're not missing anymore Church on Sunday! You're going to start attending evening sermons! You're going to start praying every morning and night before you go to bed! You're going to start reading the Bible. And if you keep this up. NO CHRISTMAS PRESENTS!'

Blah.
:lick:

*looks at Bored's location on his avatar*

it's okay that you're a ****

*pats*
Yeah, I get around.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Haha, I don't even get presents ever, and I rarely go to church. Religion, no thanks. I'm catholic, but yeah.

bored

Smash Ace
I go to church sometimes. But thats only because I like the music. And no, its not like listening to chamber music for an hour. Its actually very modern Christian/rock. Which, to be honest, isn't that bad.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't ever remember church music being interesting. :/ I always couldn't wait to get out.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
I've never been big into religion at all. I don't have a problem with other people being religious, but when they start imposing their beliefs on everyone else in the world, that's when it gets kinda annoying =/

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah, its already been happening. Two very nice old people, but are quite very annoying, gah. NO I DONT WANT TO GO TO CHURCH WITH YOU GAHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Smash Master
I hate religious people. If we didn't have religion, I could get married, there would be cures for Parkinson's and Alzheimers, there would be fewer unwanted children, and we could have genetic engineering. I think we need a second Holocaust for Christians.

Sh0ckwave

Smash Journeyman
I hate religious people. If we didn't have religion, I could get married, there would be cures for Parkinson's and Alzheimers, there would be fewer unwanted children, and we could have genetic engineering. I think we need a second Holocaust for Christians.
Don't forget all the wars started between Christianity and their Judeo-Muslim cousins over whose god has the biggest cock.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Religion should **** it self now. Ain't helped me none. Though I still believe in god. Not that I'm so sure, but still. Gotta believe in something. Never read the bible though.

bored

Smash Ace
I think we need a second Holocaust for Christians.
Woah, woah, woah....woah. Going a bit far there? I'm not too fond of their beliefs either, but I don't think we should have another holocaust. What Hitler did was terrible. Besides, that would make us no better than them.

Religion should **** it self now. Ain't helped me none. Though I still believe in god. Not that I'm so sure, but still. Gotta believe in something. Never read the bible though.
Strange. I sometimes believe in God, yet I've denied him countless times. I actually like God, just not his followers.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
True. and I'm catholic and straight, so I don't wanna get killed randomly for a random reason. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom