• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lex's Super Smash Bros. game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Not a bad idea, I would love a smash fan game ,yet you do have compettion (Super Smash Flash, Card Sagas Wars) Im sure the whole onliine thing can beat em both though, so how exactly is the online gonna work?

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
People think because its a computer game incredibly stupid characters should be in. Crash Bandicoot?! Dementio?! Come on.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
You know what you should really do? Add black mage!

Really though, this sounds pretty awesome! Any chance you could rush it and get it out before Brawl?

Xanderous

Smash Lord
I think you need to realize that it takes YEARS to develop games like this, not hours.

Lexl5

Smash Journeyman
I think maybe everyone should stop getting so excited without anything to actually show. I could probably create a topic right now saying something similar without actually having ANY progress whatsoever, and half of you would believe it. x_x

Not saying that Lex is a fraud, I'm just saying calm down people!
XD troo troo.
I really didn't think this many people would be awaiting it like this.
I assure you it exists though.
But he's right chill people, I'm not even entirely sure you'll like all the new changes I've made.

Lexl5

Smash Journeyman
TO JOHNNIGHT:
Also, a few questions:

1. Will there be airdodging
Well, duh :)
2. Will there be wavedashing/wavelanding! (^_^)
My favorite. yes there will. Luigis will be nerfed though.
3. Will there be the sidestep dodge.
mmmhmmm. didnt add that YET though. working on it.
4. Will there be the double jump with extra up B jump?
it wouldn't be smash without it.
5. Will there be shielding and rolling?
yes
6. Will there be grabbing?
yeah...
7. Will there be grab hits (where you hit them with Z before throwing them)?
hmmm good question. wait and see.
8. Will there be grab throws? If so, how many (directions) (2 like smash 64, or 4 like Melee)?
9. Will there be Final Smashes?
yes. some of them will be different from their brawl counterparts. Like Dedede's is darkmatter dedede.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
I have a request to make...if it's not too hard. Could you set up a My Music option where we can import our own mp3s into the game and then select which stages they play on? (But still leave in default songs for stages in case we don't want to import our own music).

That would kick ***.

Also please please please show us some screen shots so that we know this isn't fake.
10characters

-Dark-Marth-

Smash Apprentice
You really need to get pics up or evidence that your making a game.
Its crazy how you already have mostly everyone here supporting you while you have yet to show some type of proof of you making a game.
Don't get me wrong, I like this idea alot, but I just hate to see all these people(myself included) hyped up for something that might not even exist.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
YES! Why waste time bickering about a million characters in Brawl when you can count on Lex to do a game chock full of characters that will quench our overthirst for characters. There is just ONE character that I want that I know will never make it in Brawl. Chibi Robo! His games are my favorite and so unnappreciated. If you need a moveset I can try to dig one up but for a few of them.

Up B- Chibi Copter, you really can't do anything else.

Neutral B- Either the Chibi Blaster or Water squirter. Those two are the main weapons in his games.

Side B- Plug. He pretty much throws his plug at the character and he gets some health back. Something else would be good, but I'm not sure what.

Down B- A toothbrush that he sweeps underneath characters or something. Or a spoon that he digs a hole and traps them. Either one's fine.

And his main weapon is... Well I'm not sure. Maybe he hits them with his plug a lot or something. Maybe even a simple punch. Everythings up in the air for Chibi.
His grab would be him plugging into someone and him hitting them would him be taking away points and his throws are up in the air with that.

If this game has entrances then Chibi-Robo hanging onto his partner, Telly Vision, while flying down would be a nice one. If not, try to make Telly Vision an assist trophy if you want.

Taunts- His taunts could be based off of the many costumes he wears in his games. Like, say he did the Drake Redcrest pose for one. If you're having 3 or 4 taunts, then here are some.
1. Drake Redcrest Pose
2. Him laying down sleeping like his Pajama Costume
3. Him falling down in a dead pose, like with the Trauma Suit.
4. Him having the plug plugged in behind him while you hear the charge up noise.

And as for Alt. Costumes. Any of the cosutmes. The Drake REdcrest Costume, the Trauma Suit, the Frog Costume, The Ghost Costume, I could name 'em all day.

That's the best I can come up with for chibi robo. Oh, and for future reference... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chibi-Robo
I could make a video of the many things of Chibi Robo for more info on how his things work if you haven't played the game. I'd really love for him to be in and please, at least consider putting him in.

Cheezball

Smash Ace
I hope this is going to be better than SSF. That just had to many bugs and is really just bad. Knowing you, I believe your game will be great. :)

Kunato

Smash Apprentice
What are the graphics like? It's not like Mario is the Mario sprites from Superstar Saga, is it?

Lexl5

Smash Journeyman
whoever asked for the importing of your own music, its not gonna happen.
Thanks to all who are supporting. I'm working on a huge game summary as we speak. That will tide you over until tomorrow night when I come back.

And sorry, but im working on a saki amamiya AT. :(

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
If I could make a request, Simon Belmont please. Or any Castlevania character would be fine.

WFL

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing the first screens are going to be photoshopped brawl pics and we'll all be like, "ZOMG forget brawl, let's play this **** cuz its hax." Then once it comes out and its just super smash flash with different characters the suicide rate in the US will just skyrocket.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
I noticed that you put Chibi Robo in! This game pwns now. You gonna use my moveset? Btw, it kinda makes me feel a bit uneasy about this game since you put him on it kinda quick. I still trust you, but it seems a little suspicious.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
What the ****, you guys? What do you expect from this guy? What makes you think he can make a Smash game in a few days when it takes teams of over one hundred people years to do it?

Lexl5

Smash Journeyman
I noticed that you put Chibi Robo in! This game pwns now. You gonna use my moveset? Btw, it kinda makes me feel a bit uneasy about this game since you put him on it kinda quick. I still trust you, but it seems a little suspicious.
lol i didnt put him in the game yet, silly. read the bottom paragraph.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Lex, I want some photo proof now! Otherwise I will boycott this. I don't care if the images are disgusting, post something online immediately. What I think you're doing is just posting something you intend on making. I must quote something that is ever so famous...

"Pics or it didn't happen!"

Lexl5

Smash Journeyman
Lex, I want some photo proof now! Otherwise I will boycott this. I don't care if the images are disgusting, post something online immediately. What I think you're doing is just posting something you intend on making. I must quote something that is ever so famous...

"Pics or it didn't happen!"
boycott away, buddy.
I think I'll close this thread in a few.
Please just wait so i could make a list of people to PM when the game is done.

Lexl5

Smash Journeyman
PM LIST:

(Tell me if you wanna be on it)

EDIT: NVM SCREW IT. I'll just PM anybody who posted in this thread when it comes out.
I'm going to close this if whatshisname boycotts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom