• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Levels of "noobs" in online mode.

crynts

Smash Cadet
We've all seen noobs online, but I personally believe not all noobs are equal. Here's just what I think is a list of developments (or habits) from a complete newbie to a decent player.

Complete newbie (usually don't know what taunt parties are)
1. Button masher
2. Jab Spammer
3. Tilt Spammer
4. Jump Spammer (Kirbies who just jump the whole match)

Annoying guys who understand the game more (usually taunters/teamers)
5. Special Spammer
6. Smash Spammer
7. Grab Spammer
8. Roll Spammer
9. Aerials Spammer (especially dairs)

Closer to competence (can be taunter, pacifist, or crasher)
10. Spotdodge/airdodge Spammer
11. Metaknight ;)
12. Planker
13. Chaingrab Spammer (Falcos..)
14. Dacus Spammer
15. Random Techs Spammer
16. Sheild Sitter (Someone who likes to sit in their sheild)

Further Development (eats taunt parties for lunch)
17. Spaces
18. Stops Spamming
19. Predicts
20. Mindgamez

Thoughts? Remember to respect others' opinions please.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Ike is a jab spammer, i'm assuming all ikes are noobs :p.
This list seems pretty accurate but shield sitters seem to go annoying guys.

Zulo

Smash Ace
0. Just got the game on Christmas.

We're all doomed btw.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Ike is a jab spammer, i'm assuming all ikes are noobs :p.
This list seems pretty accurate but shield sitters seem to go annoying guys.
So you've assumed correctly. We're completely dismantling the noob game, and impacting the metagame, profoundly.:applejack:
0. Just got the game on Christmas.

We're all doomed btw.
Lost for the week. Zulo knows what is up.

I also would not categorize tech spammers in a low position. You must hold an above-adequate reaction time in order to 'spam' techs; that, or serendipity/ridiculous luck.:applejack:

crynts

Smash Cadet
remember this is a very general list. I was thinking more about kirby or fox jab spams more than ike jab spamming when I made the list. Also remember spamming anything could get you punished by a good player, which is why tech spamming isn't in "development" imo.

:phone:

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
You can pretty much be punished by any player with one slip up. Not just "good" players. I've seen many good players get punished by people who are lower in their skills. Just my opinion, but whatever...

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Might I suggest that people who can't even recover would go into the complete newbie. One of the basics is learning how to recover. If you can't do that, then you don't even need to play.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
The worst ones by far are the "I can play all characters, I'm so pro durr" noobs.
They won't play the same character twice in a row EVER. So instead of getting some MU or other experience, you gotta deal with random crap all the time, essentially wasting your time. 90% of the players in AiB freeplay who I don't recognize by name belong to this category :(

crynts

Smash Cadet
I like to switch characters alot online, not because it makes me feel pro, but because it's just fun. I guess it's just that since I main pokemon trainer, I'm more used to constantly changing tactics. Thats only when I play on basic brawl though. In 1v1s I generally just use pt, marth, or dk.

:phone:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
A good player on Wifi, judging by what I've seen so far, generally plays two or three characters and doesn't like to test uncharted waters.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
It's rare I find a good Fox, and even when I do get a ditto, it's just blindly spaced Fairs and a whole ****load of laser canceling.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
I guess I'm the only one who likes dittos then? Granted some are very stupid eg D3

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Never a bad thing to show the opposition what you're capable of with your main, especially in a ditto. It's actually a fascinating MU to me. Online, I'm not as tentative, and I play completely headforemost. Not a speck of doubt that it frightens people in the room, and I cannot blame them.:applejack:

Zulo

Smash Ace
Some Dittos are fun. I really like Marth dittos, whereas Pit dittos are... eugh. But it's really awesome to watch low-tier dittos played by good players. Especially Falcon dittos.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I love the Falcon ditto. It is the epitome of entertainment in terms of low tier MUs, to me, at least.:applejack:

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Amen on that

I love the Falcon ditto. It is the epitome of entertainment in terms of low tier MUs, to me, at least.:applejack:
It doesn't get any manlier than 4 Falcons or 4 Ganons, or any combination of those characters in either a 4P free-for-all or 2 vs. 2 teams. That's what Brawl is all about. I make sure to have at least a few such matches at any big gaming meets. Often a good group will end a match with a knee of justice or Ganoncide to make the universe nearly implode from such sheer awesomeness... or something like that.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Trying to avoid incessant Uairs and jab/grab combos and do the same thing isn't my ideal entertainment.

But Snake dittos FTW.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
FB, the ditto gives Falcon a LOT more freedom from his propensity. If you're watching a Falcon emulate the same playstyle they would use for high tier MUs, you haven't seen a good Falcon ditto. The match does not revolve around the same tendencies, although some moves are still frequently utilized, as they are still behooving for any Falcon for proper spacing and such, for example.:applejack:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
That's the point. It's a ****ing joke where both falcons are out to perform the "manliest" combos.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm pretty certain all low tier dittos revolve around a similar concept. Falcon just has some potentially flashy moves that satisfy the audience's alacrity. To imply that they are just as boring as any other ditto is nonsensical. I implore anyone who thinks otherwise to bring up the topic on the Falcon boards; they'll get their laugh for the day.:applejack:

Top Bottom