• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Level|Up & Team OXY present: Super Smash Sundays @ Super Arcade! The 5th edition! Oct 6th, 2013

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Oct 6th, 2013 - Original Thread - Stream Archive
Teams Bracket (16 teams)-

http://challonge.com/SmashSundaysTeams5

1: MacD + OXY.Westballz
2: Fly Amanita + Neighborhood P
3: OXY.DendyPretendy + OXY.Sung666
4: StudMuffinBW + OkamiBW
5: Nardis + OXY.TheCrimsonBlur
5: HD Bryan + Sergio
7: SFS.Nips + SFS.RCizzle
7: Squid + Bardull
9: Manatee + Peligro
9: Boss + Deth
9: TravisT + MMX
9: Jerk + Cuddles
13: Zero491+Kirpew
13: Nexas + Roku
13: Spku + Gabo
13: Eastballz + S3J

Singles Bracket (66 total entrants, 24 man bracket)-

http://challonge.com/SmashSundaysSingles5

1: Lucky (#4)
2: Fiction (#7)
3: MacD (#8)
4: Alex19
5: Fly Amanita (#3)
5: OXY.Sung666 (#13)
7: S2J (#2)
7: OXY.Westballz (#5)
9: HugS (#11)
9: SFS.A Rookie (#19)
9: Neighborhood P
9: OkamiBW (#10)
13: OXY.DendyPretendy
13: SFS.Nips
13: SFS.A1
13: MikeHaze
17: Nardis
17: Bardull
17: Manatee
17: SFS.RCizzle
17: Peligro
17: Boss
17: Lobo
17: Squid

Singles Pools (8 pools of 8-9, top 3 make it out) -
Pool 1

Pool 2

Pool 3

Pool 4

Pool 5

Pool 6

Pool 7

Pool 8

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
good tourny. thanks to level up live, team oxy, sung, arian, and anyone else who helped TO (i sure as hell didn't!)

shoutouts:

rc: thanks a bunch for the ride! you always have a smile on your face, dude. :)

your play style reminds me of tofu in how you utilize the top platform, abusing falco's vertical dominance over every other character. the only reason i beat you is because i started rolling out of your shield pressure every time and you didn't adjust

jake: didnt get to see many of your matches or play with you much, but it's always better having you around

studmuffin: sheik fits you! socal really is becoming the land of sheiks. it's an adjustment going from "good player in friendlies" to "good player in tournaments," but keep playing rob and you'll adjust in no time. your drive to improve is obvious; i enjoyed how you kept bugging me for friendlies!

rob: at the moment you're definitely my no. 1 inspiration in my drive to improve. people try to discredit your style by saying you're just camping, but they have no idea what they're talking about.

the most important thing in the game is not getting hit. it is so much more important than anything else.

by proxy, this includes movement. that is where the metagame can be exploited. move better than your opponent and you'll get hit less than your opponent.

imo sheik has a certain psychological profile. she will not be in control with the approach, but like a ninja she can strike fear in your heart. she dances around, fishing for a grab or a gimp, and quite frankly she should commit to NOTHING but a grab or a gimp.

all other energy should be geared towards stifling approaches in such a manner that grant a grab (or tech chase) or a gimp, running around, threatening movement but only attacking to keep your opponent honest. get a lead, camp the ledge, and use the threat of camping the ledge as an approach. that is when sheik turns into a beast.

god i love sheik

nardis: we didn't play but looks like you have a decent marth

mike haze: how much you improved in just a couple of hours! a very patient dash dancy fox that fishes for grabs. hope you keep showing up and we play in tournament :)

alec: that was a fun set that helped me learn the matchup quite a bit.

the problem was you gave me way too much space to operate with. you respected me too much, so while coming into the set i had little confidence v jigglypuff, during the course of the set you allowed me to set the ground rules for the engagements and as a result i never felt pressured the unique way a zoning jigglypuff can make you feel.

you missing a rest at the end of g1 is, to me, just the material embodiment of that psychological state. in other words, it's a lot harder to consistently convert punishes under pressure when you're practicing avoidance in creating those situations in the first place.

i'm also glad i didn't cop out and go fox, whom i suspect you'd have more trouble with =P

bryan: you are the homie! i was blown away by your affability and overall chillness factor. and dude, your sheik is hella good! i dunno if you still have that spark for her, but it may be an avenue worth (re)exploring. also mad respect for always teaming with the same partner.

sergio: <333

boss: your fox was looking hella nice in those team friendlies. been a loooong time since we've played, dude. next time i see you i am rectifying that.

joey: you lived up to your word! i had no idea you had this in you. it really puts into perspective the depth and relativity of this game, dude.

"warming up." in the past i thought "warming up" was mostly a physical thing, but that was a naive point of view. it's psychological: the warming up of testing your talent against opponents, against expectations, of having a lead and playing from behind.

i tend to think of my skill as this static expression of being, but i had it all wrong: it's actually a dynamic force that is in part brought or willed out by my opponents.

you have such incredible talent/instincts honed from playing elite players regularly. i used to wonder why top players would (almost) always beat the same players, but occasionally go through some extremely close sets to do it. now i'm beginning to understand. i have more thoughts on this but i am rambling.

while i was playing you, i thought i wasn't playing particularly well, but watching the set, i was wrong. that was about as well as i was going to do. i just knew going in that my sheik v spacies game needs a lot of work, particularly with regards to approaching and tech chasing. i also need to re-master nair out of shield (which is what all those whiffed grabs were).

but those are just johns. you weren't playing close to your best and you still won decisively, so good ****.

i spotted weakness, though. i can tell you don't like sheik. the camping/shino stall was getting to you. when i get a lot better at that, as well as the aforementioned qualities, you best believe i'm going to give you a run for your money.

mccain: we have such awkward interactions, don't you think? maturity is funny.

i was looking through the stream and i was shocked by how good you are v fox. in my head i'm always like, "i would love to play mccain; beating him is a pick 'em." but i realize that has less to do with your own phenomenal skill and more to do with the fact that i just happen to be comfortable versus your style.

i still wanna money match with you with fox, though. it's a buck! and you're prob like 90% to win. what's up with people refusing my $1-2 mms?!

wes/johnny: what is this i don't even

hugo: you're mad good but i can take you

nardis/bardull: we didn't play but looks like you two have decent marfs

sung: hahaha, man, all your characters are so good! you're the most methodical, compartmentalized player this side of fly amanita. been a long time since we sat down and played a lot of friendlies. and i know you're the man who will gladly accept all my $1 mms. my sheik and fox v your sheik, marth and falco. sick **** on beating johnny!

jeremy amanita: what i respect most about your style is your stability, particularly since i know it's something you've struggled with immensely and probably still struggle with. i was content with how i played v you in tourny. that was an accurate representation of my ability: methodical but maybe a little too cautious. talented but not quite psychologically ready for the big boys.

it's a valuable direct contrast to how i play you in the comfort of your home, friendlies only we know about, vs in tourny, with all the world (tongue in cheek) watching.

i am closer to bridging that gap. we'll save more for another day!

arian: i'll preface this by saying you know i <3 you and all, and i don't mean to hurt your feelings, but you're still kind of a noob. i don't know why, either, because i never get to play you.

on one hand you confuse me because you go to a bunch of tournies and are super dedicated to the community. on the other hand, vis a vis your dedication, your skill is, in comparison, way behind. it's awkward bringing this up because it's not to give the impression the quality of your character is determined by skill, or lack thereof.

do you believe in yourself? that you can be not just good, but great? you cheer a ton for your oxy boys, but i wonder if it's displacement or vicarious living, too. (and, tbh, while as a whole i enjoy your commentary a great deal, your unfiltered bias for team oxy is imo unprofessional at best and a discredit to their opponent at worse)

anywho i just think it's odd you so willingly pass up a once-in-a-lifetime chance for incredible socal practice for commentating ALL day. i mean, i LOVE commentating, but i love improving more!

albert: fuuuu i really wanna play you. in tournament i'll go sheik but i bet my fox can take you too. money match me! good **** on beating lucky

this game is just amazing. what keeps me coming back?

in one sense this game is a vacation. it's a psychological trip to the netherworld. in objective terms, think about what we just did: we sat down and, obsessively and compulsively, sparred with each other, kung-fu style, for 8-12 consecutive hours.

gone to the outside world. i did not check or care about my phone or e-mail, did not think about anything other than the nuances of improvement.

through the tool of technology we materialize our psyche and make manifest our inner perceptions, desires and priorities through the timeless masculine appeal of combat. may we one day eventually realize -- not just know, but transmute knowledge into wisdom -- we are only competing with ourselves.

man cannot not communicate. i understand everyone i play so much more intimately than i could ever understand just by talking to you. intangibles are communicated through our casuals.

i think that's why it's so difficult to talk about anything non-smash related when we're just hanging out. we've just experienced and shared parts of our souls to each other. what can words hope to communicate in comparison?

MacD

Banned via Administration
You guys are kidding, right? You don't actually get 60+ people at your BIWEEKLIES? It's impossible I don't believe it...

I'm jealous of the socal smash scene :/
this one was actually the smallest one we've had so far if i'm not mistaken

post evo hype and running it at same venue as all the other fighting games has really made a difference

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
I forgot how awesome it feels to be trying super hard. The competition is incredible.

Thanks to levelup and super arcade of course for the venue and the stream.

-=POOLS=-

Mitchell - F smash king haha hope ta seeya around more! With a sick gamer tag too.

Deth - Too bad you didn't make it out by just one game. One hit actually. Hope you learned a lot from HugS cause his samus is godlike. I think your biggest problem is edgeguarding, you can drop bombs and time up tilts or maybe even something else that I'm not aware of.

Brutu - Surprised me with your puff, you are pretty calm. You're good at not falling on top of me and you make sure to go around the sides a lot. I think you pick your moves well but your edgeguarding is a huge weakness.

HugS - Fun set, I didn't even know how that up b thing happened but you capitalized on that amazingly. Love your positionings and patience with your moves. I'm always reminded of good things whenever I watch you play.

Manatee - I hate your f smashes. Hurts me. Awesome guy, keep making out of pools LOL

Art - Yo let's play a lot more next time. I have so much to tell you. Next time my cgs on fd will be zero deaths. It definitely seems like you don't have experience in dealing with the dash range/quickness of Marth.

Heisenberg - Yo, good stuff joining the facebook group! I'm definitely curious to see how your group improves. Hope there are some rivals in there too.

That falcon guy - Fun pools and friendlies. Make the most out of your grabs. Know the percents and the combo trees. Master dash instant uairs!

-=BRACKET=-

Squid - Man, I SD'd so many times in SSS but that was to be expected... well maybe not. Anyway, you're gettin there... with the additional use of fairs you can be even more squiddy. I like how you're going to tournaments again and maybe you might even make THE SPLASH next time.

SFS|A Rookie - Aww seemed like you kinda gave up there. Smart player, your spot dodges are amazing, but the next time I'll wait for it. Use of fairs and up tilts are also godlike. Super fun awesome guy and you training SFS is so great.

S2J - I love running away. Your punishes are amazing you follow up on hits so well. Weird and fun human being.

Lucky - Super fast player. Your aerial control is awesome. Shield pressure is super good too. Can't get a read on your dash dance.

Alex19 - That soft bair into dash up smash to me was so freakin fast. Good usage of up smash overall. Always barely outspace me.

-=OTHERS=-

OXY|TheCrimsonBlur - Thanks for runnin it as usual. Rep socal at bighouse3. We'll be watchin ya on stream!

OXY|Westballz - Love that you're havin fun and fire again. I can't wait to watch that godlike fox. Even some stuff I watched when you were falco at tourney was freaking blindingly fast.

OXY|DendyPretendy - Gotta rethink our strats. You're so close to being so good.

OXY|Wieners - Lobo was tellin me that you hecka choked against him haha. I definitely think you have the skill to make it out of pools like every time. Just need to punish a lot better.

OXY|JeezImSoBored - Lol, I still don't know what happened to you in pools. You had a hard one for sure though.

Neighborhood P - I love the way you play. I was commentating with Wes about your play on stream and he was sayin you def coulda taken top 5. You're super reaction based it's incredible. Amazing sh bairs with fox too.

SFS|A1 - Good stuff getting 2nd seed dude. Love your dedication and improvement. Keep on wobblin.

Lobo - Ok next time we'll definitely undergo the gauntlet. Playin melee was too fun this time around.

SFS|Nips/Studmuffin/OkamiBW/Nardis/Mike Haze/Peligro/SFS|RCizzle/SFS|CaptainFabulous/Bardull/all of yall - Ya already know I think yall are awesome.

Fun times. Seeyall next time. And bring setups.

//edit// Just read Neighborhood P's shoutout. I love his shoutouts. Gosh I really love his shoutouts. Communication, psyche, feelings amazing...

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Just gonna do a quickie pie shoutout, so definitely going to miss out on some people:

Fiction - Congrats on getting 2nd, dude. You played super well.
MacD - Thank you for the set. It was a really good one that I learned a lot from.
Fly Amanita - You are truly one of my best friends in SoCal. Super glad to see you. Thank you so much for keeping me calm during my set with Westballz.
Sung - You're awesome too. ;)
Wes - We had a super good set. I'm gonna continue to work hard to improve. It's really a shame that we live so far apart from each other.
Neighborhood QQ*, a.k.a. Adam the homie - What Sung said. Your shoutouts are super boss and really cool to read. Glad to see you at the tournament. You give really good advice. I'm going to work on my edgeguards and jab resetting more. I learn a lot from you each time we play. Thank you so very much.
DendelPretendel - Lol, you're hecka fun to hang out with. :p
My Keys - Has anyone seen them? Good to see you, buddy.
Peligro - You have a lot of potential. I can't wait to see what you bring to the table next time.
Boss - Lol, we pretty much talked about all the shoutouts I'd give you anyways today.
Smish - You have a bunch of potential. I think picking up a spacey secondary will help you to work on speed. You don't have to main them, nor even play them in tourney, but it would definitely improve your game. Fun talking with you as usual. :)
Blur - I love your commentary, dude. Whenever I hear it, I'm just thinking to myself: "Dude... how do you even... DUDE!"
Jackpot - 101z, we talk all the time anyways.
StudmuffinBW - Cloning process in progress. :)

Yep, definitely missing some people, but yeah, hope to see you guys next time. :)

*From the tournament where Pikazoo and I entered as "Neighborhood QQ/Eastballz", lol :)

oksas

oak-sauce
shadrach kabango, next time I'm in socal I'd really love to get some time to sit down and play you, or at least talk about the game or something. not sure how likely that is considering that I am rarely there and when I am, it's often tied along with others and with very inflexible plans (go to tourney -> drive home), so to speak, and I know you have a habit of not liking to travel far for friendlies iirc haha. your perspective on the game (and everything else for that matter) certainly stands out; a bit like a mini bamesy to me. very insightful and wise, that much is easy to see. I think I could learn a lot from you, even in a short period of time. just something to bear in mind for now, I suppose, that oksas wants to get some friendlies with you someday. hopefully the chance arises before you're gone for good eh

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
I'm still new to the scene, but you guys are the greatest. And definitely one of the nicest and chillest communities I've hung out with. You guys have boosted my motivation so high to play more now. Especially Andrew who just opened up the doors to a new world of this game.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Was fun. 10/10 tournament.

Shout outs:

Squid: I actually was playing pretty well earlier on in teams after watching the recorded matches. I definitely could have played better against nardis/thecrimsonfraud though. Shucks. I think we just need more teams practice, but we were definitely doing more team-esque stuff than usual and not just fighting two 1v1s in our teams matches.

RCizzle: I will have my revenge...>=O! GGs

Boss: You have a good jiggs man. Next time pick FoD! As an aside, I'm jelly of your physique. Kudos.

Westbawlz: To be honest, I think you're one of the most hilarious people in the community in terms of personality. Also, when we play our sets, the reason why I laugh when I get bodied is because I know you're pretty good, so I can't feel upset about it, and I guess I just think it's comedic watching my character get the **** beaten out of him #nohope. GGs.

Rookie: Dude, you're freakin' cool. Nuff said. On a similar note, all of SFS is cool. Shoutouts to SFS.

The Random Guy Outside of the Gas Station: I'm not against making new friends, which is why I asked you your name and if you were a smasher. I think it's hella awkward that you told me you didn't remember your own name despite identifying yourself as a smasher. Hell, have a little self respect and at least give me a name but not make eye contact or something, LOL. Apparently you're from Santa Barbara? Don't be a stranger I guess.

S2J - I thought I did well against you, but I guess you weren't spot on that day? Who knows. Either way, you destroyed our pool, so kudos.

I'll do more later.

MacD

Banned via Administration
mccain: we have such awkward interactions, don't you think? maturity is funny.

i was looking through the stream and i was shocked by how good you are v fox. in my head i'm always like, "i would love to play mccain; beating him is a pick 'em." but i realize that has less to do with your own phenomenal skill and more to do with the fact that i just happen to be comfortable versus your style.

i still wanna money match with you with fox, though. it's a buck! and you're prob like 90% to win. what's up with people refusing my $1-2 mms?!
past experience affecting the present too good. between this post and the last few times we've seen each other, i realize i'm just being stupid. things should be less awkward on my end next time :bee:

i'm not one for money matches, especially if they are $1 ones like this. it might, in your head, make the match more important, but won't really change how i play. i'm more than happy to play a real set with you though. or we can asking mr blur to rig pools so you are in mine next time!

Squidster

Smash Ace
Pools
Fiction – Playing you is fun even if I get crushed by your secondaries…
Blur – Hype match, hopefully we can have a rematch, you seemed to not play at your best.
A1 – Nice ice climbers, you got all the weird technical things that nobody but ice climber players understand haha. I hope I can play you in the future for longer so I can learn the mathcup.
TravisT – TRAVIS TEE. You totally had A1.
Gravity – Fun games, I enjoyed the confusions on battlefield haha.

Bracket
Sung – I definitely robed match 2 when you suicide at 0%, lol. I still felt better this time around than last time I played you even if it was still 1 sided. I feel like you’re really good at making me realize where the holes in my pressure are.
Hugs – 0 for 4 against you now. I hope you aren’t getting bored of playing me cause I’m still motivated as **** to take that first game from you.

Others
Bardull – We totally placed better in teams than I thought we did, but yeah we definitely coulda won that last one. We improved though, its nice to have a consistent team mate for once haha.
Rcizzle – Fun games, falco buddy. We gotta push each other to be the next up and coming falcos haha.
Nips - *squid motion*
Arookie – Falcos fair for 2015 metagamining man. Playing you is so fun lol.
Macd – I love your renditions of peach’s moves in real life, haha. Nice job at 3rd place.
Westballz - You’re actually so hilarious. Also I’ve officially stolen Westballz shines and they’re so ****…

A-1

Smash Rookie
first let me start off by saying i love these tournaments and cant wait for KoC3 big ups to team oxy.

Pools - i was so nervous, almost all the games were so close and couldve gone either way. lol im gonna keep this short and sweet.
Fiction - dude you're so good, i got bodied. good stuff this tournament.
Blur - man i have so much respect for you, awesome player and sick TO.
Squid - holy balls our games were so close lol i definitely went all out against you (really wanted that 2nd seed) haha we need to get in some friendlies!!
That other falco..forgot your name sorry xD but dude your fundamentals were so solid. though never go to FD versus IC's lol
TravisT - your ganon scared me a bit i the first game, you bodied me lol but afterwards i kinda caught on to what you were trying to do and your moves became obvious, good **** though gave me a run for my money :upsidedown:
Gravity- playing you was so awkward but crazy fun lol

Bracket - total different level from pools
Manatee- solid puff, definitely got the reads on me, that forward smash is scary.
Boss- dude you're so good, you applied a lot of pressure i was really unsure what to do i was sure you were gonna beat me in the 3rd game. i got really lucky with my grab/forward smash combos to clutch it in the end. i definitely want some more friendlies if you're down.
Hugs - dude your samus is on a whole other level, blew me away. literally with those damn missiles LOL

To all of you i played in friendlies, i wanna say thanks. even though friendlies dont seem like much, it really helps me improve and i can only hope i do the same for all of you.
i also wanna give a special shout out to fly amanita, for always giving me great last minute tips that really help me in the end.

this is only my second time making it into bracket, im dedicated to continue that.

To my crew, y'all are legit, all of SFS who entered made it into bracket this time. definitely showing we are Socal's Finest Scrubs lol

SFS SFS SFS

$ick

Smash Lord
<<<<<<hdBryan aka Bryanism aka Siiiiiick aka formerly know as the Haze (there's your shout out Mike)
Oh man, for some the camera adds 10lbs, for me, it subtracts what little skill + knowledge I have in this game. My stream matches were so cringe worthy. As soon as I start getting more comfortable in tournament, Ima start wreckin' you fools.

Adam - '06 homies fa life. Your shout out was nice man, thanks, I feel the same. Was awesome seeing ya again, glad to see you're still the same Adam I remember. Let's do this whole you getting me good at this game sometime soon.
Squid - No shout out!? GAH, you're #2 on my shout outs, how pathetic am I? You're fckin hilarious, see ya next time man.
Blurrrr - Da host! Thanks buddy. :D GGs, first time I got to play you in tournament, but teams don't count, Sergio carries me too hard. Hopefully we get to play sometime in the near future.
Ryan/Johny - Herbalist level 100. Til next time fellow hippies. :)
Rcizzleeeee - You a homie, and no disrespect, but mm me. :)
Phish?(pikachu guy in my pool) - Please forgive me for not remembering your tag, tags ruin my brain. Your Pikachu was sick man. Both games were so close, those last hits. Definitely had a good time playing you.

Man, I gotta start making it out of pools more often so my shout out list isn't so tiny. GGs everyone.

Jagoffian

Smash Journeyman
Amazing tournament as always.
(My tag is Jago btw)

Pools:
S2J: I'm just glad I didn't get 4-stocked lol. I felt absolutely suffocated in our set; it really is something else playing against a top player.
Bardull: Wow, I'm terrible against Falcon. I did pretty much everything I wasn't supposed to do in the MU lol. Your SD game 1 gave me a sliver of hope. I'll try to be more conscious when recovering so I can avoid your offstage shenanigans.
Boss: YO **** ZELDA! lol. GGs. I literally had no idea what I was doing, and kept CC'ing like an idiot and getting soft baired/faired like 3 times in a row. I didn't know her neutral B could **** my CC so well. I've thought about it a bit and I think I should be playing the MU similar to Peach's. Sorry if I seemed a bit salty after our set, I'm trying to work on that.
Jackpot: Tight set. I really enjoyed it. I feel like I'm marginally improving in the Sheik MU, but it's too bad I played like ass the last two stocks game 3 (IMO). No johns though, you earned the W. I'll try to work on my edgeguarding and stop trying to CC everything.
MMX: Definitely the funnest set I played, lol. I was salty about that d-tilt kill game 1; glad I was able to bring it back. That missile->charge shot combo last stock game 3 definitely made me feel good. GGs, stop running into down-smash and take it easy on the off-stage stuff lol.
Jumbo: Dunno if I looked like it, but I was kinda playing scared the entire set, lol. I really hate Falco. You had some nice combos on me game 2, you just have to learn how to get around samus's CC and work on your shine pressure. Firing more lasers isn't a bad idea either lol.
Blakers (sp?): I don't think I saw you shine once the entire set, lol. Definitely learn to incorporate that into your game. Also using Firefox onstage isn't a good idea haha.

I feel like I'm slowly inching closer to making it out of pools. I have to learn to stop relying on crouch-cancelling so much. :( Can't wait until the next one!

TravisT

Smash Apprentice
I was going to wait until pools were posted, but what the heck.

MMX: Sorry I kept hitting you in teams in our 2nd Losers set (against Bryan and Sergio?). I have to be more careful throwing out moves close to my teammate.

Pools

Fiction: That's the second time I've been in your pool. I'm surprised at how fun it is playing you, despite how much better than me you are.

Squid: It's funny, we've played each other so much it took me a bit to get out of friendlies mode. Honestly, I felt a little bad when you said I'm the one you've been playing against the most. You'd improve faster if you had someone more on your level to train with, instead of a scrubby Ganon main. Oh well, that's just another reason I should get better. Also, I definitely missed my chance to avenge your loss to A1, but you made it out of pools anyway, so I guess it's all good.

Crimson: I don't know why, but our set felt the quickest out of all my sets.

A1: Your description of me is spot-on. I'll get people on Ganon gimmicks for a bit, but I don't make the adjustment when my opponents catch on. I was surprised I won that first game though, especially by that much. We've played some friendlies before at a previous SSS, and you were solidly 2-stocking me; I guess that's how Yoshi's Story goes sometimes. Oh well, if we're ever in the same pool again, I'll definitely look forward to playing smarter and redeeming myself.

Auburn Hills(?): I think you should've stuck with Falco in our 3rd game, but you did beat me with your Falcon in a friendly later, so I don't know. Anyway, I hope you play more and shake off that rust, I always like hearing about people coming back to Melee after a couple years away.

the Luigi player RobotOperator: Sorry I forgot your name, I'll edit this as soon as pools are up. Also, sorry I didn't play friendlies with you when you asked me, after my matches are done I switch into spectate mode. Next time though, we'll definitely get friendlies in, whether I'm watching a match or not. It's a tough road being new at this game, and I want to do what I can to make that road a little easier.

Gravity: Sometimes I mope about Ganon being a bad character, but playing against your Mewtwo definitely put things in perspective. There were multiple times where you had sick combos, and you'd get rewarded for it by dying at 60% to a random fair (or bair, or uair, or ftilt, etc.). If you keep at your Mewtwo, I'll never john about Ganon again.

Squidster

Smash Ace
Squid - No shout out!? GAH, you're #2 on my shout outs, how pathetic am I? You're ***in hilarious, see ya next time man.

LOL I wrote out all my shoutouts and it got deleted so I started from scratch and rushed it. I definitely meant to have a shoutout for you man haha. You’re one of my favorite people to see at every tournament. I’ll keep focusing on getting really healthy so I can outlive all the ranked players.

JeezImSoBored

Smash Apprentice
~ Pools ~
A Rookie: Ggs, haven't played you for a long time, it's always really fun to play a mario :D. That fall through on pokemon stadium was so weird I completely flipped sh*t, but you gave me the honor stock anyways XD. Thanks for your acknowledgement on FB, every one of those encourage me a lot. Also congrats on beating Lucky once again :D

Nardis: I was kind of surprised when you said you want to play me later since we are 3rd and 4th seed. We also had some hand warmers before our match, made the set felt really legit XD. Your combos are so amazing, once I get hit I just die; on top of knowing that you beat lucky, I started to feel pretty helpless during the set. Hope to see you again next time you're amazing =)

Lucky: Thanks for the advice on the matchup. You should play us noobs first for warmup next time XD

Rokutaro: I heard so much about you before this SSS. Glad to finally play you in tournament :D Keep playing and lets all hate marth together.

Naz: Fun set. I feel pretty comfortable against marth on FD actually, and since I hate marth so much I feel a little more prepared against marth than other characters I feel. When you switched to Doc I was actually a little worried, but after playing it i realized your marth is still much better. I was hella surprised when you money matched me :D that was my first singles money match ever. I like how competitive you see to be, and how much you want to win, I think that's a good attitude towards the game. I'll see you again sometime ^ ^

NASA: Never played against a Young link in tournament before it was really weird. I was kind of worried about ur camping on dreamland but it turn out to be not so bad after all. I think young link is a super cool character. Hope to play you again some time.

~ Others ~
Smish: You're getting better man :D it's always fun to play with you for some reason. Lets play more next time lol.

SFS | Captain Fabulous: OMG your name is so long to type, it totally messed up my alignment here. It was fun talking to you man, never seen you so happy before, it makes me happy too. Start entering singles again man, I believe in you =)

OXY | Sung666: Glad to see you try hard again :D can't wait to see you own everyone. nice job beating s2j.

Lobo: That pho was delicious, so it was okay that we didn't enter teams lol; I was actually quite confident that my fox would do better than falco in teams but watevs, maybe next time. That money match was so troll but at least it was somewhat close :D i'll get u next time just wait !

MacD: Nice talking to you, lets play league sometimes :D

SFS | A1: Congrats on another amazing performance :D

OXY | Wieners: Stop being nice to people and just beat everyone already you silly troll :D

Chris/Devl: Great to see you come and play 2 games with me lol that was random and fun.

Top Bottom