• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Level|Up & Team OXY present: Super Smash Sundays @ Super Arcade! The 13th edition! Feb 9th, 2014

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master

Feb 9th, 2014 - Original Thread - Stream Archive
Teams Bracket (20 teams)-

http://challonge.com/SmashSundaysTeams13

1: DEHF + CT MacD
2: OXY_Westballz + Fiction
3: OXY_SUNG475 + OXY_DendyPretendy
4: OXY_TheCrimsonBlur + Matticus
5: Tafokints + P
5: UglyGirl69 + Squid
7: Sergio + HD Bryan
7: Mike Y + Wolf
9: iball + dantefox
9: [GLG]PikaZoo + ji
9: SFS_Dayman + SFS_ToxicReflection
9: Skeeter + KrustyKurt
13: Alex19 + HugS
13: Raish + Jago
13: Tapez + Wha?
13: OXY_JeezImSoBored + KoopaTroopa895
17: Phenom + GentleFox
17: Hulka + Junior
17: Frog Venom + TheRogueTwinkie
17: Smish + Michi

Singles Bracket (86 total entrants, 32 man bracket)-

http://challonge.com/SmashSundaysSingles13

Super Smash Sundays Singles 2-9-13
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
OXY_Westballz (#5)
2nd
Fiction (#4)
3rd
S2J (#3)
4th
MacD (#8)
5th
DEHF (#14)
5th
Alex19 (#10)
7th
Tafokints (#12)
7th
Lucky (#2)
9th
Squid
9th
SFS_A Rookie (#16)
9th
HugS (#11)
9th
OXY_SUNG475 (#7)
13th
OXY_DendyPretendy
13th
Bardull
13th
Mike Haze
13th
UglyGirl69
17th
OXY_TheCrimsonBlur
17th
Sergio
17th
Tapez
17th
MYL
17th
HD Bryan
17th
D-Noz
17th
Matticus
17th
ZEO
25th
Wolf
25th
PikaZoo
25th
DanteFox
25th
BangBangPewPew
25th
Boback
25th
SFS_Dayman
25th
Studmuffin
25th
Mike Y

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
I did absolutely nothing special to get my placing )=

I had great games with P though, really nice guy and really fun games against him. Best friendly session I had at the tournament probably.

Shoutouts to Espresso for driving me and A Rookie for dropping some advice on me after our set.

To all, hopefully see y'all again some time.

$ick

Smash Lord
Fun fun, dig these tournaments.

Johnny: It's rough when they put two slackers in the same pool, but we got through it, ha. Falco is the future man; I think Falcon has seen his best days.
Rookie: Dude you're super nice, and super stylish Mario. Fun games. Glad to make it intense this time and not just get walked on. I'll get ya soon. You're #15 man, everyone's gotta be gunnin' for you.
Mike Y: DUDE! 06 Represent. Good to see ya man, ggs, took me back to those good 'ol days
SD Crew: You guys are awesome. Broadening my horizons on something I consider myself an expert in every time I chill with y’all. Appreciate it. J.
Adam: Always down to continue our team mm’s, vs or as a team. GGs man, and I dig your commentary.
Ryan: You got about 25 minutes into this tourney with a serious mode mindset, nice work, ha. We get along just fiiiiine. Glad we share so much in common, lol.
Shep: Nice choice on the lunch scene man, was delicious. I’m still rooting for you.
Thanks Blur, you and your OXY crew are too good.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
Thanks for hosting, and for you/Weiners getting on some asses and helping running the tournament more efficiently.

Larry had a real nice tournament.

Bryan you must be getting better! Taking games off Albert and Kevin is priy good.

Maybe Kevin doesn't have as much potential as I thought, though.

Wes 3-0ing MacD?! 2-0ing Alex? WINNERS, LOSERS, GRAND FINALS?! Man, I need to watch the archives!

The set counts in Teams are off for at least a few of me/Daniel's matches. Tapez/Wha took a game off us. Fiction/Wes beat us 3-2. And I'm pretty sure Blur/Matticus 2-0ed us.

Thanks for teaming, Daniel. It was a blast! You are so good at creating and impinging on space; teaming with you felt easy. Down to do it again anytime.

Until I get a GameCube, I gotta drop Sheik and stick with Fawks. <3 you Fox, you so sexy and fast and smooth.

But for me the star of this tournament was ZEO. I don't know you well enough to say for certain that you will be the next great player, but I haven't seen anyone with as much potential as you since Shephard. S2J + Hax combined into one. The future of Falcon!

The only thing -- and it's a big thing -- that one can't measure is heart. I don't know how much you want it. The fact that you've already implement and execute so many difficult high-level things and have tremendous discipline bodes well for you. The main thing you're missing are Johnny nairs.

Secondary things that come to mind are: S2J's platform stomps, including autocancel stomp; Hax's ledge bair/uair regrab; preemptive sh uair; uair to regrab off missed techs; jab reset missed techs; and wall jump air dodge recovery mix-ups.

I'ma start hunting you out for friendlies/money matches/teamsies as often as possible! I also hope a player much better than me takes you under their wing as much as possible, because you seem like the Super Saiyan type who can handle the adversity of getting wrecked over and over, using it to expedite your improvement.

Mike Y is amazing, and I hope you come to more tournaments. I can help whip you into shape! Ditto Wolf. Where you at P Body?!

Dante: <3333, dat Libra love. We didn't play but like two friendlies! :(

Sergio: You're on the cusp of becoming well above-average. Work on your ground game!

Tapez: You're way better than I thought. I want to start playing you more.

Squid/Haze/Dendy/other players within the same tier as me: We need to play more, one, because it's some of our best opportunity for improving; and two, I didn't have any money on me! I drove and bought gas on the way, so I was brokesies =P. Next time I'll bike there and have $20-40 to drop on money matches, guaranteed!

Hugo: Lol, that half of a friendly was a blast. I gotta play you more. No more copping out and going Sheik/Marth. Starting to realize my potential lies in Fox.

I'll never drop Sheik, cuz I friggin' love that M2K ledge spam game, and one day I'll get my punish game up enough to make that style worthwhile. But nine times out of ten I gotta go Fox.

M2K: You are my favorite player of all-time.

Commentating was fun. Sung I love you!

BarDulL

Town Vampire
ggs. eff rookie's mario. eff sung's sheik. eff all ya'll socalian hard people. even our wee lad arcadians are getting better. you all should just stay where you're at so i can become dabes.

oh yea i'm taking a break from tournaments for like a month. school is hard atm. BUT ILL BE BACK.

:starman:

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Dang this is real late but better than nothin

Thanks for TO help OXY (AKA Brandon Hatfield LOL) <- this guy is a champ
Zeo is the truth
P has great character
Westballz's reactions are incredible and he's definitely been feelin it for the past few weeks now (Westballz Era)
Catch ya later Bardull (just come whenever you're free, which is hopefully this weekend >:] ) I don't remember our set but if you work on really reacting, punishing well, trying to edgeguard then you'll get closer for sure.
Good stuff SFS_Dayman
DEHF with the RESULTS...I still feel like you should counter MacD's playstyle but it seems it's pretty one sided SO FAR
MYL unknown factor
GGs yall sorry if I didn't shout you out individually I forgot a lot of what happened in this tourney
A lot of people are steppin up but who's gunna reach the next level?

Also I completely agree with HEART (from P). I think you have to enjoy playing or else you won't be able to unlock the FLOW state. Then you don't think about confidence or hesitate or second guess you just react and punish react and punish react and punish. Came to the realization that the reason I throw out pre emptive moves and terrible guesses/approaches because I don't trust myself. So I've been trying to immerse myself in that REACTION game. Until recently I've been splitting attention watching my character and my opponents' but now I'm only focusing on my opponents. Not trusting myself also seems to be the problem here since I don't need to confirm whether I maneuvered correctly it should be a constant at this point with the practice I've done, just gotta focus on the variables/what my opponent can do.

Thinking back, whenever I play against noobs in tournament they struggle with tech skill, their execution is REALLY lacking... actually this is true to like Squid level imo. I can tell they aren't playing even like half as well as they could against me. Believe in your abilities. You did the practice so there's no reason to overthink, lose confidence, hesitate don't defeat yourself before the set starts. My strat is that if you want confidence to beat a player way better than you then get really freakin good at one/few things to the point where it's better than your opponent can do (edgeguards/combos/DI/etc) then you'll know you have an edge against them and won't have to play (resort to?) a jank/tricksy style that you aren't comfortable with. Do what you practice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom