• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Letter from Nintendo

Dbsg

Smash Cadet
Well I wanted to know what would happen if I sent a letter to nintendo about the march release date and this is what they sent me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message(#6851-000652-4209\6524209)

Hello,

We appreciate your feedback regarding the latest Super Smash Bros. Brawl news.
As we’re sure you have seen on the Dojo site (Smashbros.com), the game contains
an unprecedented number of characters, options, and experiences. Therefore,
development is taking slightly longer than expected. Please keep in mind that we
don’t have any information concerning the length of the delay in Japan compared
to the one in North America.

It’s important to note that it is never our intention to upset any of our loyal
fans. While we realize this news is both disappointing and frustrating, we ask
for your patience and understanding as we continue to work on making Super Smash
Bros. Brawl the best game in the franchise.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Travis Wise

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
It's funny. Here's a responce I got about a demo:
"
Hello,

I empathize with your frustration at having to wait a little longer to play Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Like you, many of us here were counting down the days until the December release.

Having said that, we know that the development team has been working to make this edition of Super Smash Bros. the best ever, and wouldn't push back a firm release date unless there was a good reason to do so. It's worth noting that there are still many things about this game that haven't yet been revealed. On behalf of Nintendo I ask for your patience as we prepare for the February 10th launch date.

Some of you have asked if we're planning to release a demo of the game. Nothing has been announced, but typically game demos are released to familiarize players with a game they hadn't heard of and encourage them to buy it. I think you'll agree that's really not the case with Super Smash Bros. Brawl!

By the way, for the latest news and information on this upcoming title, please stay tuned to Nintendo's official Super Smash Bros. Brawl website. I've included a direct link to it below:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Travis Wise"

Notice the dates mentioned?

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I bet European gamers havn't even gotten any replies from NoE... that's how lazy they are...

Why are they so automated? Even SEGA answer emails personally sometimes (I think)

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
I bet European gamers havn't even gotten any replies from NoE... that's how lazy they are...

Why are they so automated? Even SEGA answer emails personally sometimes (I think)
Yeah they do. I once emailed them regarding Sonic Adventure 3 rumours way back when

Shuma

Smash Hero
So what's the E-mail? i mean... it couldn't harm to flood them with complains and demans and death threaths and fire and hate and death hate death nintendo!!!.

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
I'd be happy with a response like that. When a member of Aussie-nintendo sent a letter concerning games being released late in Australia compared to other countries, we simply got 'no comment'. As you would expect it caused an outrage..

kobefox2485

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alfredo24pr
this game is going to be awesome and nintendo does not want to spoil every trick in the game! The more they work on it, the better it will be, so the wait is not that bad, when u think about it that way.

gregthepirate

Smash Apprentice
I once sent a letter to Nintendo Power and got published...back in the day. I can't imagine NOA answering letters/e-mails uniquely. And I feel bad for the poor guy (Travis Wise, Im guessing.) that has to read the same e-mail 458934058934 times and give the same response to each one...

Top Bottom