• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's talk about Link.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
I have a feeling Rain the Link Main is gonna be the best Link main in a couple of years..

no this isnt sarcasm, I can feel it.

anyways its good to see the Link population increasing.

Spife

Smash Master
u could replace his character choice with anybody and his name still rhymes.

not impressed
welll maybe soap the dope should pick up rinku again otherwise we might think-you don't like us no mo

pce.

Skler

Smash Master
Rain the Link Main is one of the best names I've seen on smashboards.

Also, hi Link boards! My appendix exploded recently so I haven't just been ignoring the Link boards, I have an excuse!

I'll be blowing minds next mass madness, I promise. In the mean time, I'll post my most recent videos (winter break baby!). Probably 5 months old? Either way I was playing pretttty well at that tournament.

Link vs Falco
More Link vs Falco
Link vs Marth
More Falco!
Link vs Link
Link vs Link

There's a conspiracy out there with Sheik videos. I swear I played like, 4 Sheiks that tournament and none of them got recorded. I don't think people are allowed to record matches involving Sheik where Link wins.

/self promotion

The hospital is the most boring place ever, Link never has to go there for that reason. Discuss.

Cia

das kwl
it's SKLERRRRRRR!!!

oh and Skler beat my sheik in tournament too. i really don't know how because i chain grabbed and everything :laugh:

also.. appendixes blow.

Skler

Smash Master
If you had been at Pound 3 you could have seen it.

Or if you saw the pic. I'm too lazy to find it though.

Go to game unicon.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
ive BEEN playin link lol. im not using a pillow case, im using a bandana. and im gonna have white thermal under green mesh shorts and a green shirt. im gonna go around "saying trick or SKrAh!"

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
lol son, ive been link for every halloween i dont wana hear this ****
i got myspace pics rofl

also, does anyone think i should go link at HERB 2 next week??
I'm pretty sure im gona make the top 10 anyways lol

Spife

Smash Master
I'm blonde now too
this thread needs more discussions

i think we need to invent a new bomb technique gaiz

onedayafter7

Smash Apprentice
new bomb techniques. i don't know about techniques but. some bomb fun. i like to take out a bomb throw it up in the air then pull out another bomb. throw that bomb towards opponent then almost imediately tap A to catch the first bomb and throw that again. usually the opponent will try to spot dodge or sheild the first bomb and the second bomb might hit. dunno. it works for me. but it will probably only work once or twice before the opponent catches on. still. its good for some simple mingames. you can also rang instead of pulling out a second bomb.

another fun thing is to pull out a bomb. short hop > throw bomb > waveland towards enemy > grab/skraa/fsmash. usually works since enemy sheilds or spot dodges bomb. or you could waveland away and rang or pull out another bomb and repeat. i like this because your oponenet cant approach because youll just hit them with a bomb and punish. and if they stay back youll just keep punding them with firery explosions.

anyone got comments or improvements or dislikes?

Spife

Smash Master
the wave land one is fun but I hardly use it, I feel like I have to commit to the wave land before I know it's safe to approach. I should probably practice it but meh.

related to the first one, I like throwing a bomb up, and simultaneously grabbing with z and throwing with up on the c stick so there's barely any time Link's holding on to it.

Skler

Smash Master
I'm thinking of writing a Link guide.

Only problem is I can't think of much to say. I don't do frames (except the nair) and everything else is just telling people to space, CC and think. I'm also really bad with move lists, this may be because I don't think Link actually has a dtilt, and every once in a while I forget he has a usmash too.

I also want to go to Canada. Canada, would you hold a tournament if I went up there? That might get the ball rolling.

Spife

Smash Master
I agree with EVERYTHING skler said, actually.
Skler if you go to canada take me wif yu.

Skler

Smash Master
I'm talking this summer Stos! Even a little tourny would work for getting the parentals to approve of a visit to Canada. Or at least help.

If I were to go to Canada you'd be coming along for the ride Spife. All aboard the gravy maple syrup train!

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
I'm talking this summer Stos! Even a little tourny would work for getting the parentals to approve of a visit to Canada. Or at least help.

If I were to go to Canada you'd be coming along for the ride Spife. All aboard the gravy maple syrup train!
Yeah theirs a tourney august 8th.

let me find Link.

Edit: theirs no official thread for it right now but loooots of people are aware of it already and its not just a melee tourney its like mized with other fighting games. It happens every year. I'll talk to the host tonight and force him to mak the thread.

But the tourney is happening august 8th for sure.

Not official thread but one of the t10 organized started this: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=242190

its actually not far from ym house like I can walk it lol.

Skler

Smash Master
Well august 8th there's a tourny in NH, I was thinking of going to Canada a week or two after August 8th. It would be an enjoyable romp.

I have a passport, Skler comes prepared.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
kk the two possible dates for the tourneys i was talking about in my last post can are august 22nd, 28th 29th.

I think I can house you guys if thats what you guys are thinking, from like the 20th to like the 30th?

LOL 10 days my house.

i'll have to see with parents and stuff.

idea

Smash Master
kk the two possible dates for the tourneys i was talking about in my last post can are august 22nd, 28th 29th.

I think I can house you guys if thats what you guys are thinking, from like the 20th to like the 30th?

LOL 10 days my house.

i'll have to see with parents and stuff.
i'm staying over =D

if your parents don't want to have people over for that long, you can bring everyone over to my place for a few days or so.

Skler

Smash Master
It probably wouldn't be ten days. If those are the dates of possible tournies I think we should shoot for us going up there around the 26th or 25th and then we'd leave after the tourny (which would be on the 28th or 29th).

It cuts it close with school, but I live ON THE EDGE.

This is all assuming we CAN go up to Canada, I just need to know what the plan would be before I make a sales pitch to the parentals.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
yeah TT combo video should be coming out. Recorded a whole lot of matches, should be enough for a combo video.

another news, gg gl im pretty much done with this game, have fun guys.

idea

Smash Master
lol no

i'm in it. so are sylar and imadh. make a stos or afro chris combo video =P

but what do you mean, done with this game <_<

Top Bottom