• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's Play at Grandpa Rave's! - March 16th, 2013 - Tempe, AZ

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
To kick off the new season and the re-instatement of me as the head T.O., I'll be hosting this tournament at my new house in Tempe! It's a very large house (with enough space for 7-10 setups), and I plan on having 6 TVs at my house by the time the tourney rolls around. Due to the fact that I'll be buying equipment to host this tourney, plus the fact that there are some liability risks, I'll be asking for a $1 venue fee (which will be waived if you bring a Wii and/or TV). Pizza shall be ordered for those who want to buy some. Also, in this tourney at least, we will not have Singles Pools so we can have enough time for a side event!

Phone: (Luis): 480-522-6912

Address
1118 W Greenway Dr. Tempe AZ 85282

Schedule
10:00am- Friendlies/Warmups
12:30pm- Brawl Doubles
3:00pm- Brawl Singles (Brackets)
6:00pm- Lunch
6:30pm- Side Tourney
9:00pm- Project M Singles

Payouts
1-9 entrants/teams: Top 2 (70%/30%)
10-19 entrants/teams: Top 3 (60%/30%/10%)
20+ entrants/teams: Top 4 (55%/25%/15%/5%)

Entry Fees
Venue Fee: $1 per person (waived if a TV or Wii is brought)
Brawl Single: $5/Per Person
Brawl Doubles: $5/Per Person
Project M Singles: $3/Per Person
Side Tourney: $2/Per Person

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brawl Ruleset

MikeHaze Brawl Rule-set

Brawl - Condensed Version.

General:

3 stock
8 min. time limit
Team Attack ON
Items set to OFF and NONE

Starter Stages:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokémon Stadium (Melee)
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Other allowed stages:

Castle Siege
Lylat Cruise

Set procedure:

Starter Stage selection.
Character selection.
The winner of the previous match may ban a stage for the next match.
The loser of the previous match declares the stage to be selected for the next match.
The winner of the previous match selects character.
The loser of the previous match selects character.
Repeat from step 3 until 2 victories are achieved (3 victories in finals sets).

Rules and Clauses:

DSR is ON
Counterpicking Ports is ON
Understage Travel Clause is ON
Ledge Grab Limit is 35
Colorblind Rule is ON
Double Meta Knight is banned
IDC is banned

Project M Ruleset

1. 4 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Items set to "Off" and "None"
4. Pause set to "Off"
5. All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
6. There is a 50 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
7. The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
8. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
9. If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
o In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
o If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 18 is used for all characters.
10. If Project: M freezes at anytime during the gameplay, after Project M is rebooted, the players will restart their match over (keeping the set count).

Set Procedure
1. Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
2. Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
3. Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. Each player/team will alternate striking two stages until there is one left.
5. The first match is played.
6. The player/team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
7. The player/team that won the previous match may announce 5 Stage Bans if they have not already done so in this set.
8. The player/team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either player/team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a player/team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
9. The player/team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
10. The player/team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
11. The next match is played.
12. Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

Determining Player Priority
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams will use a random method such as Rock-Paper-Scissors, Coin Flip, or Game and Watch Judgment, where the winner selects either first choice in port selection or first choice in stage striking. Whichever team does not receive first choice in port selection will be compensated with first choice in stage striking.

Stage List

Neutrals

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Dreamland
Fountain Of Dreams
Yoshi's Story (Melee)
Dracula's Castle
Pokemon Stadium 2
Yoshi's Island (Brawl

Counterpicks

Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone
Rumble Falls
Metal Cavern
Pokemon Stadium 1
Skyloft
Skyworld
Castle Siege
Halberd
Norfair

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Thank goodness this is over spring break. :)

Also, the side event needs to be low-tier doubles! Or even singles...just as long as I get to pull out my ganondorf.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
I'm going to this, now that I'm back on the PR I should probably put in some effort to actually attend tournaments this season.

On a side note, anybody want to team for this? Ness682 you down?

Might bring out a secondary for Marth this time around.

Ness 682

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to this, now that I'm back on the PR I should probably put in some effort to actually attend tournaments this season.

On a side note, anybody want to team for this? Ness682 you down?

Might bring out a secondary for Marth this time around.
I'd be happy to! ^^

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
I'd be happy to! ^^
We're going to tear **** up then, let's do this. We gotta take Shawn out and take first in Dubs.

I'm actually excited for this tourney, let's see where Grandpa Rave lives these days.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Anyone on the PR want to be my partner? Preferably someone who excels at KOs to compliment my tanky Toon Link.

Project: M should start before the side tourney.
I'd prefer to have the side tourney occur first, mainly because some people don't find it worth sticking around til the end of the night for a mere side tourney, so we'd run the risk of not having enough entrants (sometimes to the point where the event is not worth holding). Besides, as we've seen in the past, Project M gets a respectable amount of entrants even though we start it pretty late in the night.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Are we just jumping straight into Bracket or something? How will everyone be seeded?
Since we just updated the PR, we can easily use that data for seeding.

Also, I am most likely going to be lowering the cost of Singles to $3 this tournament because of the lack of pools, which accordingly reduces your play time by an hour or two. Not to mention, if I made Singles $3 and the Side Event remains at $2, I could simply accept $5 from each person interested in entering both (and thus not have to worry as much about giving out change). XD

k9.

Smash Ace
3$ dollar tourney? -_- wackkkkkkkkk

Ok because doubles never has pools, let's lower the entry fee to 3$? Lol come on man.

moomoomamoo

Smash Apprentice
Let's have a $5 singles, $3 doubles, $2 side event. Either way greg and I are both going!

Also Rave, $5 Toon Link ditto MM and $5 Sheik ditto MM. Both best 3/5

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Let's have a $5 singles, $3 doubles, $2 side event. Either way greg and I are both going!

This please sir.

Singles is my favorite and by far the most anticipated event. I really hope Pools is included.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Okay we might have pools, but only if we have enough setups to take care of pools quickly. I will have around 7-8 TVs here and 1 Wii, so PLEASE everyone bring your Wiis.

Also, since people are so adamant on keeping Singles at $5, it shall remain as such.

There's no way I could say no to that. ;)

Squeezit

Smash Rookie
I was going to go to this until I saw it was at someones house, since none of you know me I'm not so sure I should, haha.

Let me rephrase this.
I'm significantly out of practice, so I guarantee that I would lose regardless of what mode we'd play.
If I'm still welcomed, do you still need an extra TV?

Squeezit

Smash Rookie
So I had things randomly come up, unfortunately. Apparently my friend from out of town made plans with me and forgot to tell me we had plans (or that he was even in town).
Admittedly it was a bit awkward for me to show up to someones house, I'd be more comfortable showing up at some lan center or some sort of public place where I can just show up without looking uncomfortable standing around and not knowing anyone :p

Anyways it'd be great if one of you can let me know the next time you have one of these events near Mesa/Tempe area.

Top Bottom