• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lets List Some Samus Win Conditions

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Lets have a discussion about different ways to kill with Samus. What is appropriate to do in a sitaution where you can get a KO. Here are some to start with:

Charge Shot(CS) out of shield

Zair>CS

Zair>Dtilt

Zair>running turn around bair(RT Bair)

Tether gimps count, so how are some ways we can set them up?

Discuss

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
General:
dtilt out of shield works pretty well so long as you have been taking care of stale moves. Works better on platforms.

bair punish on a platform. Say if someone is knocked down on a platform and they roll, tech chase with bair you can get a kill if high %

I like chasing homing missiles with aerials off the level. This can lead to a dair but of course nothing is guaranteed. This works best against people who have used their midair jump and are forced to airdodge the missile or take the hit.

vx Fox:
nair -> zair off level gimp. (40-80%, I don't have specific numbers)
nair -> nair off level gimp. (low %) This one is a bit more risky.

-----

I don't really use this as a kill move, but I really like dsmash out of shield. Comes out pretty fast and knocks people up, 15% non-stale damage. I use this to give me some space and charge my blaster. If there are platforms I try to tech chase them if they land on them.

Boolossus

Smash Ace
I'll be getting the game soon, and I was thinking about some possible ways to follow up the grapple.

Grapple land -> RAR
Grapple land -> Running Usmash

Of course, there are countless others too.

Eten

Smash Ace
There is the classic dair to bair and dair to charge shot too.

Eten

Smash Ace
Probably right, it puts them in the right places but not before they could airdodge.

Top Bottom