• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's face it, Brawl = Next Mario Party, huge dissapointment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frames

DI
I don't necessarily think that Brawl is a disappointment; sure it may not become AS competitive as melee, even though it's a slower game in general, the gameplay still has enough depth that there will definitely be a competitive scene. As for combos and the like, it seems to me that people are just not used to the system yet. We've scene combo videos and great gameplay moments develop after only one month of play. I feel that the game has so much more room to grow, and that we are only just beginning to discover all the intricacies that make the game so special.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
To be fair my initial impressions of melee during the first couple months it was out was that it was less skilled than the N64 version because although there were more moves there was less emphasis on timing. But in the end it really just turned out that I had no conception of the potential of the game. I am sure that some advanced techniques will crop up over time but people haven't had long to mess around with it.

That being said I do feel somewhat similarly. The game looks very fun but I also thought of mario party. A great amount of fun to be had by you and your friends but definitely lacks the same competitive nature of Melee. Some of the combos in melee were just amazing. Taking the time to learn to use fox properly made that game so fun. Learning all the crazy captain falcon combos and short hopping that sick knee gave me an almost ungodly pleasure. There is nothing like defeating a rival with something humiliating like a nice short-hopped knee to the face. Anyway, I too will find it hard to accept that so much of what made melee as competitive as it is seems to be gone. I fear that they have tried to make the game to accessible to all players. Smash was definitely historically a game of elitists and this forum has shown that time and time again.

I think it is funny how many people are hating on this guy just for voicing his disappointment with Brawl. I will be honest. I think time will show that although a lot of people bought Brawl and it was a big bruhaha at launch I doubt it will have the replay value of melee. The mechanics just seem a bit more clunky. Of course I have always been a fox player so...
Cough cough cough

COugh
That goes for that legendary thread: the myth of competitive elitist.

Epic cough

Flarefox

Smash Ace
Making a game faster is not always a good thing. In fact, adding speed to a game tends to take out more and more skill factors. Sure, in a faster game, it makes you think faster, but in doing so, it removes a lot of the thought that could be there(turn based games=lots of thought, extreme speed games like melee, not so much due to the speed). Melee turned into muscle memory, reaction time, and having a handful of response to a handful of scenarios that could come up. While there was some thinking involved, most of it was upfront, not during the actual action.

Brawl is slower, but in being slower, it doesn't remove the muscle memory or the reaction time. Brawl isn't removing anything skillwise. Yes, they removed techs, but for the most part it was muscle memory, something you would do without thinking and yes there are skills in this game that will be muscle memory. So brawl removed nothing, while making the mindgames much deeper. Why do I say that, since its slower you have more time to think, thus more time to trip up.

I dont know why people are saying combos are out, cuz already I've seen and done a few combos(though not full stock kills, but its new, so I would be worried if it was common). Meh, Brawl is different, and I believe the slowness and floatiness improved the game and requires as much skill or even more than Melee.
I think that more people are complaining about the removal of techniques which gave players more options, not about the general reduction in gameplay tempo.

I'd hate to be stereotypical and say that wavedashing shouldn't have been removed, but, if they're going to remove one of the best quick-spacing adjustment techniques, atleast don't ****-up the dashing system. Dashdances are very poor now because you cannot change the timing or spacing up at all. Perhaps we'll get some interesting things out of foxtrotting, but I would think that just walking would be a much more reliable spacing technique in most cases. To make it worse, dash animations can't be cancelled out by crouching.

Crouch cancelling was removed.
The dash system was almost ruined.
Edgeguarding was severely reduced and simplified because of bull**** recoveries.
Slower fast-falling and overall floatiness weaken a lot of vertical approaches.

I just absolutely hate the approach that the developers took with Brawl: remove anything that would make it difficult for a 9-year-old to play the game. The advanced techniques in Melee, weren't even problems to begin with, they definitely added substance to the game.

Spacing is no more of an issue in Brawl than it was in Melee. Spacing is absolutely huge in Melee, for every single character in the game. It's not that Brawl has some new focus on spacing that Melee never had before; it's just that now, with so many other options removed from the game in Brawl, all that you really have left is spacing.

There is nothing in Brawl that is not in Melee. If you take out so many techniques, you are not increasing the need for mindgames (because many of the mindgames involved applications of advanced techniques in Melee). When you remove so much, all that you're left with is a very dry party game.

Yumil

Smash Cadet
I think that more people are complaining about the removal of techniques which gave players more options, not about the general reduction in gameplay tempo.

I'd hate to be stereotypical and say that wavedashing shouldn't have been removed, but, if they're going to remove one of the best quick-spacing adjustment techniques, atleast don't ****-up the dashing system. Dashdances are very poor now because you cannot change the timing or spacing up at all. Perhaps we'll get some interesting things out of foxtrotting, but I would think that just walking would be a much more reliable spacing technique in most cases. To make it worse, dash animations can't be cancelled out by crouching.

Crouch cancelling was removed.
The dash system was almost ruined.
Edgeguarding was severely reduced and simplified because of bull**** recoveries.
Slower fast-falling and overall floatiness weaken a lot of vertical approaches.

I just absolutely hate the approach that the developers took with Brawl: remove anything that would make it difficult for a 9-year-old to play the game. The advanced techniques in Melee, weren't even problems to begin with, they definitely added substance to the game.

Spacing is no more of an issue in Brawl than it was in Melee. Spacing is absolutely huge in Melee, for every single character in the game. It's not that Brawl has some new focus on spacing that Melee never had before; it's just that now, with so many other options removed from the game in Brawl, all that you really have left is spacing.

There is nothing in Brawl that is not in Melee. If you take out so many techniques, you are not increasing the need for mindgames (because many of the mindgames involved applications of advanced techniques in Melee). When you remove so much, all that you're left with is a very dry party game.
Edgeguarding was boring in Melee. With Marth, I basically just had to stand at the edge and attack. In brawl, I actually have to jump off the stage and make sure they can't recover and then recover myself. Getting the kill is much more fun in Brawl.

Yes, they removed techs, but hey there are some nice new techs. A few that I can think of is Bowsers klawhopping, Link/tlink being able to cancel their arrows start up lag, and squirtles shellshifting/hydroplaning to name a few.

Watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yTMrFboN2I and tell me what you think. Just because things were removed and are different doesnt mean that its any worse. I think a lot of the complaints are just from the fact they are used to something different and its against human nature to like change(we wouldn't survive without it, but we wouldnt survive with rampant change either).

D-Hero

Smash Rookie
Here's a thought...

Why don't you guys stop arguing whether Brawl is a disappointment or not ....

The thing is, sure Brawl has flaws in comparison to Melee... Very legitimate complains can be make for those who master many skills on Melee that was taken out for Brawl...

But, the fact is whether you love Brawl or not... Its a F***king fun game to play... Those who deny that lose all their creditability to me ...

P.S. for those who are really competitive try to play for the love the game...not for the love of winning...
Playing with smashballs on increases the fun slash intense factor by lots...

P.S.S. and you always have Melee no one is taking that from you...

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
boooo, ur wrong flarefox, i for one know that u enjoyed all the technical aspects of melee. Brawl is a more mindgame basic character match up game, im sorry that it doesnt appeal to you, but i for one am very happy with it. Im not saying i dont agree with everything u say but where u look at things taken out and see its limitedness, i look at as a new way to play smash. Melee will still be a great game but brawl will have its own special niche for smashers... just give it a chance :(

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Yeah Brawl is pretty much garbage. It doesn't matter how many advanced techs are discovered in the future, it will still be garbage. The game is fundamentally different from the other Smash games because the engine was built for online play. A game like Melee would have been unplayable online because it's too fast, and the timing for various techs is too precise. Brawl is playable online because it's slow as hell and the controller input is significantly delayed compared to its predecessors. The result is a clunky mess.

I'm actually a little relieved Brawl is so terrible. If it had been good, the competitive Melee scene would have died. But now there's no way a majority of Smashers are going to play Brawl exclusively, so I get to keep playing Melee. Purple Fox forever.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Here's a thought.

If you don't like Brawl, get out of the Brawl forum, and let us enjoy the superior sequel.
:D

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Yeah Brawl is pretty much garbage. It doesn't matter how many advanced techs are discovered in the future, it will still be garbage. The game is fundamentally different from the other Smash games because the engine was built for online play. A game like Melee would have been unplayable online because it's too fast, and the timing for various techs is too precise. Brawl is playable online because it's slow as hell and the controller input is significantly delayed compared to its predecessors. The result is a clunky mess.

I'm actually a little relieved Brawl is so terrible. If it had been good, the competitive Melee scene would have died. But now there's no way a majority of Smashers are going to play Brawl exclusively, so I get to keep playing Melee. Purple Fox forever.
wow, i feel sorry for u seeing as how most melee pros actually do like brawl, and i am one of them. melee will still be played somewhat but brawl will be taking over.... oh well have fun with ur purple fox

Flarefox

Smash Ace
Edgeguarding was boring in Melee. With Marth, I basically just had to stand at the edge and attack. In brawl, I actually have to jump off the stage and make sure they can't recover and then recover myself. Getting the kill is much more fun in Brawl.
Edgeguarding wasn't diverse in Melee? I assume that you didn't play it very much then. Regardless, standing at the edge and forward smashing with Marth doesn't even work if the recoverer knows how to sweetspot and edgetech. Watch any strong edgeguarding in melee. There is just as much emphasis with offstage edgeguarding, particularly with Jigglypuff, Marth, Sheik, and so many others.

I never said that Brawl wouldn't be fun (Diddy Kong is ****ing amazing, he's so fun!), I just wish that people would stop treating it as a sequel to Melee. Brawl will have a competitive scene and will be tons of fun, but it will not be a replacement to Melee for many people. The games have a completely different nature and operate in very different ways.

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
To be honest I also find it lacking in terms of certain "technical" aspects. However, I'd have to disagree with the comment you made about the characters being downgraded and Nintendo not wanting anyone to dominate. As all of the characters may have been downgraded, (the majority of them with the exception of a few) are quite balanced. This enables the PLAYERS to dominate in the game and not characters who have mechanical advantages over others.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
I never said that Brawl wouldn't be fun (Diddy Kong is ****ing amazing, he's so fun!), I just wish that people would stop treating it as a sequel to Melee. Brawl will have a competitive scene and will be tons of fun, but it will not be a replacement to Melee for many people. The games have a completely different nature and operate in very different ways.
agreed..... i like diddy too hes a really fun character and pit is amazing im def. maining him (probly)

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
wow, i feel sorry for u seeing as how most melee pros actually do like brawl, and i am one of them. melee will still be played somewhat but brawl will be taking over.... oh well have fun with ur purple fox
lol you're not a pro and neither am I. And why would you feel sorry for me because I don't like a video game? Is my life not as meaningful because I think Brawl (which I have played, by the way) is clunky and don't care to play it competitively? I'm not disappointed. I've learned not to anticipate video games. Brawl is going to be a huge success for Nintendo, I'm sure. They designed the game as a party game with online play, and as such it has massive appeal to many people. Fine. But what I'm tired of hearing is the constant apologies by competitive players for the absence of skill-based gameplay. Melee wasn't intended to be competitive--the depth was an accident. Brawl isn't intended to be competitive either, but this time it's highly unlikely there will be much depth, since, as I said, the engine was built for online play.

Nintendo doesn't make competitive games. They're the fun, family-oriented company trying to lure in soccer moms and other untraditional gamers. They don't give a **** about the tournament scene, as is clearly evident in the rules of the tournaments they are hosting (items on very high to even the playing ground). Brawl was designed to even the playing field as much as possible.

There won't be a serious tournament scene for Brawl.

Flarefox

Smash Ace
agreed..... i like diddy too hes a really fun character and pit is amazing im def. maining him (probly)
I had some pretty entertaining moments with banana spam and peanut-pop edgeguarding. It's hilarious when you get them to slip about 3-4 times in a row.

Also, Whiteface: I don't think that Brawl will be very balanced. I don't mean to start another long discussion (which is unreasonable this early on anyway), but I predict that it will be just as imbalanced as Melee, if not more imbalanced than Melee.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Here's a thought.

If you don't like Brawl, get out of the Brawl forum, and let us enjoy the superior sequel.
:D
Here's a thought.

If you're ignorant enough to think Brawl is a superior game already than you're obviously just a complete idiot.

Also, shy)(guy ur not a melee pro, dont kid yourself.

The majority of melee pros (like myself, hey look i've actually earned that title, i don't just blindly say it) actually don't like Brawl thus far - but are just hopeful it will turn out decent.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Ok . . .

Brawl is fun. However, it is not as competitive as Melee. If you want to have fun, play Brawl. If you want to play a game that requires higher levels of skill that separates the ametures from the pros, play Melee.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Here's a thought.

If you're ignorant enough to think Brawl is a superior game already than you're obviously just a complete idiot.

The majority of melee pros (like myself, hey look i've actually earned that title, i don't just blindly say it) actually don't like Brawl thus far - but are just hopeful it will turn out decent.
i play melee for 2 and a half years and attend over 10 tournies, i consider myself profesional...... MM?

edit. u probly came on to the melee scene around the same time i did(if not whatever), the difference is location, u have better people around u to play

ALB247

Smash Apprentice
i play melee for 2 and a half years and attend over 10 tournies, i consider myself profesional...... MM?
I second the new signature.

The fact that you have played for two years and attended 10 tournaments (wow, big number!) does not make you a professional in the least. I have been playing soccer for the past 16 years, and have participated in dozens of tournaments. Should I consider myself pro?

Brawl will seem like a disappointment right now for everyone. That's how every new game starts out. The same thing happened with Melee when it was first released. Everything may seem slow and distasteful right now, but give the community some time to pick the game apart. Once everyone starts to understand the core mechanics and new physics and some advanced techniques surface, we can start to polish the game off and really dig into the competitive play.

I admit I am not a fan of the game at this time, but perhaps everyone could stop getting mad that they can't dash-dance as easily as before or that wavedashing is removed and start figuring out some new techniques to give yourself that extra edge. Once the technical and metagame aspects of the title start to emerge and evolve, I'm sure we'll all warm up to the new title.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
ROFL OMG LULZ!!!!! Wow that's definitely my new sig. 10 tournys is a ****ing joke. :laugh: :laugh:
haha ur funny i guess, thanks for quoting me. 10 tourneys isnt alot? Oh well i dont really care that much about being called a "pro" melee player, i'll be the first one to tell u i suck, but when uve been doing sumthing for over 2 years and u dont even get acknowledged for playing the game, its like if u played pro basketball for 2 years and u didnt even get recognized as a basketball player, oh well i guess thats whats wrong with proffesional gaming, its just a big waste of time.. ill play for fun

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Here's a thought.

Agreed (assuming of course I have that title as well).

edit. u probly came on to the melee scene around the same time i did(if not whatever), the difference is location, u have better people around u to play
Wow you have no clue do you lol.

ALB247

Smash Apprentice
-The game is so slow now that its almost a joke
-Skill components have been removed (Wavedashing, L-Cancelling, etc.)
-All the players have been downgraded and Nintendo didn't want anyone to dominate.
-Great combo's = gone because of slow free fall
Seeing as this is the majority of what you're arguing makes the game "bad", I will have to assume that you have no idea what you're talking about.

There is absolutely no way you can confirm any of these statements. The game has been available to the public for a little over 24 hours, and you're already claiming that advanced play doesn't exist. I'm pretty sure Melee's wavedashing and L-cancelling weren't in the instruction booklet, meaning that the only way they were discovered were with time. Nothing happens overnight. Settle down, relax, and go try Subspace Emissary on Intense.

Given time, the game will evolve into what we're all looking for. Just be patient.

Sci Fi Samurai

Smash Rookie
-All the players have been downgraded and Nintendo didn't want anyone to dominate.
-You grab the edge practically every time, its like magnetic almost
-You can airdodge continuously
-Disastrous and awkward load times
I disagree! I think Brawl is great so far, much better than Melee.

-I don't think Brawl is slower, so much as it's 'floatier'. The gravity is more akin to that of the first Smash Bros. rather than Melee's more realistic physics.

-In terms of skill components, I think Brawl will force players to utilize a different set of skills, unlike Melee's. There is no wave-dashing, but that was more of an exploit anyway. L-canceling will be missed, but it forces you to really commit to your attacks. Brawl focuses more on intercepting and aggression rather than edge-guarding and evasion.

- Doesn't want anyone to dominate? So the game's more balanced, and that's bad? Having a more balanced roster will mean you'll see less Marth/Fox/Falco and more everyone else! Diversity is a good thing!

- Edge recovery is easier on the whole. I think this was a move to lean players away from the repetition that edge-guarding can eventually degrade into.

-I don't think combos are gone at all, nor do I think they're any less of them due to lighter gravity. Again, they're just different. I've had to play the game for several hours before I started getting used to it. In a way, it feels much more like the original SB than Melee, where you chased players around the stage, bounced them around like beach balls, and actually used projectiles!

- Air dodging is different. If you do it after your second jump you just free fall now, no longer able to make it sub for your triple jump. I'm still not sure how I feel about it, though.

-Load times... can't be helped at some point. Yeah, I'd like it to be faster, but a lot of good games have had bad load times.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Seeing as this is the majority of what you're arguing makes the game "bad", I will have to assume that you have no idea what you're talking about.

There is absolutely no way you can confirm any of these statements. The game has been available to the public for a little over 24 hours, and you're already claiming that advanced play doesn't exist. I'm pretty sure Melee's wavedashing and L-cancelling weren't in the instruction booklet, meaning that the only way they were discovered were with time. Nothing happens overnight. Settle down, relax, and go try Subspace Emissary on Intense.

Given time, the game will evolve into what we're all looking for. Just be patient.
Actually, most of the "good" players, meaning the competitive players from melee, have been playing since January 31st.

And do not tell angry competitive players to go play one player, bad idea =/

And I do hope the game does evolve over time, because the game so far is just melee 0.5.

ALB247

Smash Apprentice
Actually, most of the "good" players, meaning the competitive players from melee, have been playing since January 31st.
In this instance, they wouldn't be considered the public.

And do not tell angry competitive players to go play one player, bad idea =/
I will if they're going to post more topics like this about the multiplayer.

And I do hope the game does evolve over time, because the game so far is just melee 0.5.
Wouldn't it be Melee 1.5 then? 0.5 would mean it came out before Melee.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
First of all, I am a huge Nintendo fanboy. I am older than many of you and have owned almost every Nintendo console: SNES, N64, GC, Wii, even 2 gamesboys, and I've played almost every franchise game Nintendo has ever made. I also have an Xbox360 for online sports games/COD4.

Lets face is, Nintendo makes the BEST games. Period. With Nintendo you get a very high quality product. I trusted in Nintendo all these years, and they NEVER disappointed.

Me and my 6 roommates play Melee like a sport. We even have our own weekly power-rankings.
I had briefly played the Japanese version of the game before, but tonight confirmed what I already knew.

Brawl is a failure in my eyes. Its a good game, in fact it's very fun, and it will garner great rankings from nearly every site. This isn't meant to be a troll/bait thread, I truly feel this way, and I'm sure that anyone that loves Melee will feel the same way. This game just makes me sad. I don't think I will play it anymore personally. Sure it has slightly better graphics, but its the gameplay that suffers.

Brawl is just another Mario Party. Its a fun multi-player game, nothing more, nothing less.

-You grab the edge practically every time, its like magnetic almost
-You can airdodge continuously
-Disastrous and awkward load times

I am sure there are others like me out there...I've been on this board many times as a lurker, but tonight I had to join to voice my disgust. I don't know about you guys, but I'll be playing Melee for a LONG time to come. Also please don't say I'm judging the game too early, because I Played the Japense one before too.

Smash+Nintendo run In my blood, and please don't judge me or my credibility by my post count. Most of my roommates like it, to my suprise, but I want to see if anyone else is on my side..
You are ********.

You just sealed your fate with that pathetic excuse of covering your tail. I will be talking about the red obviously.

-You relate age as superiority.

-You relate fandom to owning consoles.

-If you WERE a Nintendo fanboy, you would have realized that this game is a large encyclopedia full of Nintendo goodness. At the very least, you would be nerdgasming all over the place if you were a Nintendo "fanboy" simply because it is a Nintendo overload full of nostalgia, old and new school, and even some retro game demos thrown in the mix. Let's not forget the chronicles.

The rest of your pathetic nitpicking cockamaney whinefest of an "argument" is also the most overdone, cliche, weak, and utterly useless argument ever.

If you don't like the game, just say you don't. For the love of god....

Don't list your ******** reasons and embarrass yourself.

D.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5257-9865-7609
How many idiots have to complain about Brawl before they realize the way EVERY SINGLE COMPETITIVE FIGHTING GAME gets competitive? It doesn't start out continuing from the predecessor. Not unless it's Virtua Fighter. Anyway, it took people years to adjust and get into the mentality of playing Melee competitively and learning the ins and outs of the game. Now that Brawl's out people complain. Very few are actually having legitimate complaints, but these *****ing and moaning posts are all comparing Brawl to Melee. Brawl is not supposed to be Melee with a new roster. It's a sequel to expand on the original Smash Bros. gameplay engine. You don't pick it up and make your judgment call after a freaking day playing it and act like you know something.

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
Ok ok... Settle down now. No need to constantly flame the guy. Everyoone's entitled to their own opinion.

YouDigress

Smash Rookie
A response to this thread in 4 haikus.

Mario Party
Has dice but does not have much
Similarity

Nonetheless, posters
Who abhor an opinion
Take the offensive

Their flaming does much
To dissuade intelligent
Talk of the game

Discussion pointless
Our talk will be for naught as
Sakurai cares not

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
Here's a thought.

Ego much?

It's really something to see watching so many people tear themselves apart like this-- because they run their mouths off saying the "Melee 2.0" comments shouldn't be directed at them, and subsequently justify every one.

Here's a tip: Pro doesn't mean Cynic. This game will have tournament scene and be competitive regardless of what you say. It's going to happen-- wheels have been set in motion-- and you're going through the exact thing the boards went through a month ago.

Next you'll go on towards casual and pro arguments? I have an idea. Why doesn't everybody in this thread hop in a time machine and go back to 1999, when SFIII: 3RD STRIKE was released-- and people kept on yammering about how the systems that were implemented within it made the game too shallow, and unskillful and the like?

You'd fit right in. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to play this game and figure out it has competitive potential-- and if you disagree with me, keep in your thick headed skulls the fact that one of the most competitive games on the planet involves guessing the numbers on a pair of dice.

But you're right y'know? Wifiwars, all those Brawl sites that have been out... Hell... even the interview with Chu, Azen, as well as Mew2king doesn't count! I mean, what would they know? All professionals hate brawl, right? Especially them, who said in the most recent interview that they were eager to try and learn the new systems and compete in the brawl competitive scene, some even going as far to say Melee was boring.

So Here I stand, waiting for the idiot to quote my post, look at the ego thing and call me a hypocrite, when really, I'm just staring at all of you people yelling at each other and laughing, because I've seen it before. It's happened. This isn't the first competitive game to change the engine a drastic amount from a subsequent release... but to you it is. Congratulations... you're repeating other peoples mistakes.

Now if you excuse me, I'm going to go play Brawl now.

Oh, and guys... Thanks for FEEDING THE TROLL. Because when I see a username that reads "NintendofailedwithBrawl" on a Smash Bros. Board-- I totally miss the idea that he's trying to start fights with people. But really, great job.

lain

Smash Master
i hate each and every one of you brawl tards.

brawl sucks as a competitive game. period. no one's calling it melee 2.0.

it. sucks.

as Zhu and raftbuilder said, we're all (meaning the competitive GOOD players) hoping there is more to brawl then we've seen so far in the japanese release and the day of american release:laugh:

so far the game is lacking. random tripping, combos are very rare, edgegaurding is basically non-existent.

fun as hell? oh yes. but competitive? the outlook is quite grim. but who knows.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
i hate each and every one of you brawl tards.
I'm not a brawl tard. I'm a competitive video game player, and I'm not like half of you people who've pretty much lived in a box pretending nothing else competitive exists outside of melee, making stupid ****ing posts about how Street Fighter isn't competitive, and how without L canceling games are ruined.

This board has moderators who try their best to let people speak their mind regardless of age, and at the same time try to retain decency on the board without getting crucified for it, and you make their job infinitely harder by posting stupid ****-- acting like you're God's gift to the earth to smack down people who like a game.

You did EXACTLY what I just described earlier. Said the Melee 2.0 comments weren't justified, and then justified them there on the spot with the rest of your post.

It's a different game ******. Completely different rules. This isn't some stupid "Anime knock off license" game where they throw skill completely out the window-- It takes ****ing time to learn techniques.

At least some other people who take your stance aren't as closed minded and naive as you are. Get Yuna in here. At least she can form an argument.

Better yet, just stop posting. This topic is worthless, and pretty much all of you fed a stupid troll all he needed to get a smarmy little giggle at his computer screen, while we wasted 14 pages pretty much IGNORING ALTOGETHER the topic Samuraipanda posted here on day one.

It's stupid, it's immature... you know what? It's Gamefaqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom