• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's face it, Brawl = Next Mario Party, huge dissapointment

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, I am a huge Nintendo fanboy. I am older than many of you and have owned almost every Nintendo console: SNES, N64, GC, Wii, even 2 gamesboys, and I've played almost every franchise game Nintendo has ever made. I also have an Xbox360 for online sports games/COD4.

Lets face is, Nintendo makes the BEST games. Period. With Nintendo you get a very high quality product. I trusted in Nintendo all these years, and they NEVER disappointed.

Me and my 6 roommates play Melee like a sport. We even have our own weekly power-rankings.
I had briefly played the Japanese version of the game before, but tonight confirmed what I already knew.

Brawl is a failure in my eyes. Its a good game, in fact it's very fun, and it will garner great rankings from nearly every site. This isn't meant to be a troll/bait thread, I truly feel this way, and I'm sure that anyone that loves Melee will feel the same way. This game just makes me sad. I don't think I will play it anymore personally. Sure it has slightly better graphics, but its the gameplay that suffers.

Brawl is just another Mario Party. Its a fun multi-player game, nothing more, nothing less.

-The game is so slow now that its almost a joke
-Skill components have been removed (Wavedashing, L-Cancelling, etc.)
-All the players have been downgraded and Nintendo didn't want anyone to dominate.
-You grab the edge practically every time, its like magnetic almost
-Great combo's = gone because of slow free fall
-You can airdodge continuously
-Disastrous and awkward load times

I am sure there are others like me out there...I've been on this board many times as a lurker, but tonight I had to join to voice my disgust. I don't know about you guys, but I'll be playing Melee for a LONG time to come. Also please don't say I'm judging the game too early, because I Played the Japense one before too.

Smash+Nintendo run In my blood, and please don't judge me or my credibility by my post count. Most of my roommates like it, to my suprise, but I want to see if anyone else is on my side..

DeltaWolf

Smash Apprentice
Mario Party 8 sucked so bad that it makes me feel sick that you even dare to compare any other game to it.

But yea hippochinfat!! is right, besides you didn't need to make a new account just for that, you know.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
If it's a fun game, where's the problem? If you expected it to be the best game ever, then you'll always be disappointed because there is no perfect game. Period.

And another complainer about wavedashing being gone. Seriously, if you opened up more for new things to come, because that's what Nintendo is about the most, new things, you wouldn't be as disappointed right now. And all players have been downgraded to match evenly? It's called balance, and sorry to say, pal, but that was something the fans desired the most because frankly, some characters in Melee WERE owerpowered.

So either you suck it up or don't come to these boards again. Sell your copy, so that someone who didn't get it yet and REALLY wants it gets to have fun.

EDIT: And I can guarantee you that I'm MUCH more of a Nintendo fangirl than you are a Nintendo fanboy.

Tek32

Smash Cadet
If it's a fun game, where's the problem? If you expected it to be the best game ever, then you'll always be disappointed because there is no perfect game. Period.

And another complainer about wavedashing being gone. Seriously, if you opened up more for new things to come, because that's what Nintendo is about the most, new things, you wouldn't be as disappointed right now. And all players have been downgraded to match evenly? It's called balance, and sorry to say, pal, but that was something the fans desired the most because frankly, some characters in Melee WERE owerpowered.

So either you suck it up or don't come to these boards again. Sell your copy, so that someone who didn't get it yet and REALLY wants it gets to have fun.

EDIT: And I can guarantee you that I'm MUCH more of a Nintendo fangirl than you are a Nintendo fanboy.
Fully agreeing with Crystallion. Suck it up and learn to play a new game. It wasn't meant to be like Melee and it isn't, and for that, I think it's great.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Lol I think failure is too strong a word. I felt the way you did, but after a few matches... Eh. I can get used to it. We've long established that Brawl isn't aimed to be marketed toward the competitive smash community, rather, toward much more casual gamers, and we'll just have to accept that.

And do you mean "you grab the edge" rather than "you guard"?

I am not pouting because they removed Wavedashing.

I'm fine with that, but why did they have to slow down the game so much?

Everyone falls like they're jigglypuff in Melee.

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
Your the one who fails
You make an account just to post this thread, stop discouraging people ok accept the changes what about n64 nobody cried when it changed to melee (even though n64 was not popular)
The bad thing about supposedly hardcore nintendo fans like you is that you complain too much about everything, face it you suck. And seriously who cares about wavedashing for me Im glad its gone so dont whine about it.
No one cares about your underrated opinion of the game

Lol I think failure is too strong a word. I felt the way you did, but after a few matches... Eh. I can get used to it. We've long established that Brawl isn't aimed to be marketed toward the competitive smash community, rather, toward much more casual gamers, and we'll just have to accept that.

Ya so its just aimed for being fun with casual fans - sounds like Marion Party to me. I am an extremely competitive person, so this is very difficult for me. Why would they ruin it?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

SeriousWB

Smash Apprentice
God I could post millions of Fail images but they wouldn't say it quite enough.

DeltaWolf

Smash Apprentice
being a casual gamer I don't know all these techniques like wavedashing, and top tier, which is weird. But you really don't have a fully understanding of the game until you enjoy it just for the game. Not for whats in it. If it's fun then it's not a failure.

Let me remind you, games are made for fun :)

majora_787

Smash Hero
Its a fun multi-player game, nothing more, nothing less.

-The game is so slow now that its almost a joke
-Skill components have been removed (Wavedashing, L-Cancelling, etc.)
-All the players have been downgraded and Nintendo didn't want anyone to dominate.
-You guard the edge practically every time, its like magnetic almost
-Great combo's = gone because of slow free fall
Uh....Okay first is the fun multi-player. You just said it was fun, and it can be played with...multiple players...so it IS a *FUN MULTIPLAYER*

Second, your list there...I see about...2 good reasons out of the 5. The other three make me question your deffinition of *FUN*

ALSO, Speed changes aren't a big deal really. It's about the size as the speed transition from 64 to Melee, just in the opposite direction. so make that 1 good point out of 5.

There are over 96,000 members here, you cannot mean to tell me that they all like the game...

Some of you can't accept that people have different opinions, and its worth discussing them.

Skuee

Smash Cadet
Let's face it, no one cares what you think.

Brawl is full of win.

Your complaining is full of fail.

majora_787

Smash Hero
...Okay this guy's saying Fun Multiplayer = immediate Mario Party rip-off. Is this the same jerk-off who said a white Dojo homepage comfirmed Doctor Mario? -_-"

Crystallion

Smash Ace
...Okay this guy's saying Fun Multiplayer = immediate Mario Party rip-off. Is this the same jerk-off who said a white Dojo homepage comfirmed Doctor Mario? -_-"
No, the Doctor Mario thread was, contrary to this thread, full of win and just a toke jopic in general. Besides, this guy only joined VERY recently, which is also weird, because if he was a Nintendo fan, he would've joined long ago and would surely have responded to at least a few topics here.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
melee was the same way my friend, do u think the first day meele came out everyone was playing in intense 1 vs. 1 wavedashing across the ground.....? No, people were playing 4 player free for alls with items having fun with a new game, and that is what u should be doing right now with brawl.

majora_787

Smash Hero
No, the Doctor Mario thread was, contrary to this thread, full of win and just a toke jopic in general. Besides, this guy only joined VERY recently, which is also weird, because if he was a Nintendo fan, he would've joined long ago and would surely have responded to at least a few topics here.
No, there was a guy besides THAT guy who actually believed it. It was gay and annoying.

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wonder how much of this perceived slowness in Brawl comes from the game being slower and how much comes from people sucking at the game because it's only been out for a few hours. Do you think we played Melee as fast as we do now when it was first released? Of course not! Brawl will get faster as people get better at it. Will it be as fast as Melee? Probably not, but is that really such a big deal? It's not like slower automatically means less skillful.

DeltaWolf

Smash Apprentice
There are over 96,000 members here, you cannot mean to tell me that they all like the game...

Some of you can't accept that people have different opinions, and its worth discussing them.
Well if people have different opinions then why do you say "Lets" you're on your own, because probably the 95, 999 other members wouldn't complain that it was like an epic fail because it's slower.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Oh really, majora? I didn't know that o_O Lol at that.
Yeah, the JOKE thread was awesome. I loved that thread. But there was ANOITHER doctor mario guy and THATS who I'm talking about. I believe the word for his way of getting people to read his threads was..."trolling"? I'm not sure what the deffinition is so correct me if I'm wrong.

This guy seems similar. He bashed the game, complimented it, bashed it again, and then pulled the "you don't accept new things" hypocritical bull.

melee was the same way my friend, do u think the first day meele came out everyone was playing in intense 1 vs. 1 wavedashing across the ground.....? No, people were playing 4 player free for alls with items having fun with a new game, and that is what u should be doing right now with brawl.

A friends friend had the Japanese Version and I played that for a while before tonight, like I mentioned in the OP. You can tell man, the speed is gone.

Whenever I play an amazing Nintendo game I know early on that its special - GoldenEye,Zelda's, Metroid's, Mario's, Melee, Pikmin, etc.

I don't get that feeling at all.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Yeah, the JOKE thread was awesome. I loved that thread. But there was ANOITHER doctor mario guy and THATS who I'm talking about. I believe the word for his way of getting people to read his threads was..."trolling"? I'm not sure what the deffinition is so correct me if I'm wrong.

This guy seems similar. He bashed the game, complimented it, bashed it again, and then pulled the "you don't accept new things" hypocritical bull.
Well, in that case, it WOULD be best if we let this thread die, because honestly, I've seen enough people complaining here, but with actual GOOD points. Ah well, it's only a matter of time before this thread gets closed anyway.

And NintendoFailedwithBrawl, there are games I think were great, but I didn't get the feeling like with other older games of the same franchise, like Super Mario Galaxy, but I DON'T go shouting in a dedicated fan forum of this particular game how it sucks.

I wonder how much of this perceived slowness in Brawl comes from the game being slower and how much comes from people sucking at the game because it's only been out for a few hours. Do you think we played Melee as fast as we do now when it was first released? Of course not! Brawl will get faster as people get better at it. Will it be as fast as Melee? Probably not, but is that really such a big deal? It's not like slower automatically means less skillful.
I lost in the finals of the Gamespot tourney...not that it means anything.

When you played Melee you knew it would take a long time to get good, it would require work, this one its just like a button smashing fun fest.

majora_787

Smash Hero
A friends friend had the Japanese Version and I played that for a while before tonight, like I mentioned in the OP. You can tell man, the speed is gone.

Whenever I play an amazing Nintendo game I know early on that its special - GoldenEye,Zelda's, Metroid's, Mario's, Melee, Pikmin, etc.

I don't get that feeling at all.
I can agree with Mario KART, Majora's Mask, and Goldeneye. I thought they were all slow, but they got faster as I learned what I was doing. Your thread has no meaning anymore and can go kill its self with the knife it violates its self with :lick:

MajinSweet

Smash Journeyman
Speed=/=competitive and or good

Brawl will get faster, Brawl will be competitive--people need to stop getting so depressed because they suck at Brawl. Its a new game, get used to sucking for a while--nothing wrong with that.

Well, in that case, it WOULD be best if we let this thread die, because honestly, I've seen enough people complaining here, but with actual GOOD points. Ah well, it's only a matter of time before this thread gets closed anyway.

Stop spamming in here. If you don't like this thread, you don't have to post here. But don't ruin it for others.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Speed=/=competitive and or good

Brawl will get faster, Brawl will be competitive--people need to stop getting so depressed because they suck at Brawl. Its a new game, get used to sucking for a while--nothing wrong with that.
If I had one to give, you my friend would have just won a cookie.

ALSO, to the nintendo failed guy. Your being a hypocrite again. Your telling US not to ruin it for EVERYONE, when your telling EVERYONE the game sucks like it's the worst game ever right before some of us get it.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Stop spamming in here. If you don't like this thread, you don't have to post here. But don't ruin it for others.
You already ruined it for yourself. Think anyone will respect you now? Well, you keep thinking that. I'm out of here. Have fun mindlessly bashing a game, at least enjoy the more nostalgic games, there's enough for everyone.

Default092

Smash Cadet
Then why dont you continue to play Melee, while the rest of us enjoy this new game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom