• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's end the DELAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

jupiter

Smash Apprentice
I went into a GameStop just to "see" what they'd say. And the guy told me, "March 12th." I just looked at him and said, "where ever you get your sources from, they're wrong."

He said, "we get our information directly from Nintendo. It's March 12th."

I said, " *shakes head* you guys are GAMESTOP...you guys have like ZERO credibility."

He said, "whatever, dude...believe what you want."

I said, "tell me why I have a reservation ticket from another GameStop for February 10th?"

He said, "it was delayed...even Wal-Mart knows this!"

I said, "I just reserved it for February 10th from a GameStop from Rancho Cucamonga! (next city over to mine)" ( I didn't actually reserve it, my friend did)

He said, "they haven't been updated on the release date, yet"

I said, "I used to work for Toys R Us several years back" (in 1999 through 2002) "And they have the release date for February 10th. They even have actual printed reservation flyers and are hung next to the Wii games. Toys R Us has EXCLUSIVES they give out with Nintendo games. They are like the Cadillac of toy stores. They are reliable, always have been."

He said, "...okay..."

I said, "so don't feed people your bull**** lies and stop spreading these stupid rumors. You only lose credibility on your company's behalf and only add that much more hatred towards your stores. You rip people off, you buy their games for like pennies of what they're actually worth. You practically rob people, and sell games for WAY too much than they're actually worth."

He said, "we're actually the most trusted videogame retailer"

I said, "on by ignorant middle school kids who don't know any better... and you know what? I'm close friends with my old boss from Toys R Us. I worked in RZone (the videogame department), so I pretty much have more experience over you about how things work with retailers, truck loads, shipment dates, contract releases, etc."

He said, "And? I already told you we got our release date directly from Nintendo themselves, and we are a trusted company with reliable sources...how much more reliable can you get from Nintendo themselves?"

I said, "...just stop pulling **** outta your *** and be honest to the rest of these kids who are asking for Brawl. Because I pretty much already saw Toys R Us's shipment dates and their catalog of what's to be shipped to our store for the next 30 days. We're getting 105 copies of Brawl on the 5th of February, shipped from San Francisco...wherever San Francisco get them from, I have no idea."

He said, "........"

I said, "....yeah... These are some of the huge quirks of being an RZone worker for 2.5 years, building a close friendship with your manager, and working as a young 16 year old high school videogamer. And at 24, I still get these quirks of seeing my old store's shipment data sheets."

He said, ".... *looking and feeling pretty stupid* ....."

I said, "not only that, you noob. I'm going to be taking a copy home on the 5th of February because I CAN...because I'm not a douche...because I knew that I'd need this kind of quirk in the future so I made sure to build a strong bond between myself and my boss. They like me. I was the best worker they had, the most knowledgeable. It earned the trust with the company, and insight on their data, and early copies of whatever I want. So pretty much, I outted you and I'll make sure no one buys their copy of Brawl from you, you filthy rat. Have fun working for a company that rips off people. Have fun with your dead-end job, Mr. 29-year-old-balding-dude-who-likes-to-****-with-people's-emotions."

He just said, "whatever dude, whatever dude....whatever dude..." throughout the whole time I told him off.

I remained calm with a stern calm voice just telling this guy off the entire time. I think that irritated him the most, the fact that I wasn't the stereotypical obnoxious biggot customer demanding stuff.

Yeah...so that's that....

February 10th IS the release date.

Toys R Us...at least the one here in southern California, is getting 105 copies on the 5th of February.

StarFox64ftw

Smash Cadet
what a hero. bravo, sir

way to stick it to the man!

i called 5 gamestops using a directory online with locations near me
4 said no delay

1 said yes delay.

there is always, that random 1 jerk.

Malfunky

Smash Rookie
Sounds like you just wanted to start crap with some random drone to deal with all this delay nonsense. :p

Did you really call him a noob, though? :laugh: Sounds like you had some fun.

I live up the Cajon Pass in Hesperia, by Victorville, by the way. Inland Empire represent! :D

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
heh.. March 12's my b-day... :)

But yea I know its coming out Feb 10- and I prefer that. Sooooooooooooooo those delay threads need to cease.

conspiracytheorist

Smash Rookie
I went into a GameStop just to "see" what they'd say. And the guy told me, "March 12th." I just looked at him and said, "where ever you get your sources from, they're wrong."

He said, "we get our information directly from Nintendo. It's March 12th."

I said, " *shakes head* you guys are GAMESTOP...you guys have like ZERO credibility."

He said, "whatever, dude...believe what you want."

I said, "tell me why I have a reservation ticket from another GameStop for February 10th?"

He said, "it was delayed...even Wal-Mart knows this!"

I said, "I just reserved it for February 10th from a GameStop from Rancho Cucamonga! (next city over to mine)" ( I didn't actually reserve it, my friend did)

He said, "they haven't been updated on the release date, yet"

I said, "I used to work for Toys R Us several years back" (in 1999 through 2002) "And they have the release date for February 10th. They even have actual printed reservation flyers and are hung next to the Wii games. Toys R Us has EXCLUSIVES they give out with Nintendo games. They are like the Cadillac of toy stores. They are reliable, always have been."

He said, "...okay..."

I said, "so don't feed people your bull**** lies and stop spreading these stupid rumors. You only lose credibility on your company's behalf and only add that much more hatred towards your stores. You rip people off, you buy their games for like pennies of what they're actually worth. You practically rob people, and sell games for WAY too much than they're actually worth."

He said, "we're actually the most trusted videogame retailer"

I said, "on by ignorant middle school kids who don't know any better... and you know what? I'm close friends with my old boss from Toys R Us. I worked in RZone (the videogame department), so I pretty much have more experience over you about how things work with retailers, truck loads, shipment dates, contract releases, etc."

He said, "And? I already told you we got our release date directly from Nintendo themselves, and we are a trusted company with reliable sources...how much more reliable can you get from Nintendo themselves?"

I said, "...just stop pulling **** outta your *** and be honest to the rest of these kids who are asking for Brawl. Because I pretty much already saw Toys R Us's shipment dates and their catalog of what's to be shipped to our store for the next 30 days. We're getting 105 copies of Brawl on the 5th of February, shipped from San Francisco...wherever San Francisco get them from, I have no idea."

He said, "........"

I said, "....yeah... These are some of the huge quirks of being an RZone worker for 2.5 years, building a close friendship with your manager, and working as a young 16 year old high school videogamer. And at 24, I still get these quirks of seeing my old store's shipment data sheets."

He said, ".... *looking and feeling pretty stupid* ....."

I said, "not only that, you noob. I'm going to be taking a copy home on the 5th of February because I CAN...because I'm not a douche...because I knew that I'd need this kind of quirk in the future so I made sure to build a strong bond between myself and my boss. They like me. I was the best worker they had, the most knowledgeable. It earned the trust with the company, and insight on their data, and early copies of whatever I want. So pretty much, I outted you and I'll make sure no one buys their copy of Brawl from you, you filthy rat. Have fun working for a company that rips off people. Have fun with your dead-end job, Mr. 29-year-old-balding-dude-who-likes-to-****-with-people's-emotions."

He just said, "whatever dude, whatever dude....whatever dude..." throughout the whole time I told him off.

I remained calm with a stern calm voice just telling this guy off the entire time. I think that irritated him the most, the fact that I wasn't the stereotypical obnoxious biggot customer demanding stuff.

Yeah...so that's that....

February 10th IS the release date.

Toys R Us...at least the one here in southern California, is getting 105 copies on the 5th of February.
Hey, guess what? You're an idiot!

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
Wait a sec. When you worked at Toys-R-Us, did you work in the games section? My friend works at our local store, but I'm not sure if he works in games. WHAT IF HE CAN GET ME A COPY!!!!!

Sanu

Smash Champion
If what you've posted is the truth, you're quite the pretentious person. The "guy" who told you March 12th is just telling you what he was TOLD. Why are you shooting the messenger? You acted completely irrational and successfully harassed another human for no reason.

Thank you, you are definitely a credit to society. If only we had more blatantly rude and ignorant people like you.

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
If what you've posted is the truth, you're quite the pretentious person. The "guy" who told you March 12th is just telling you what he was TOLD. Why are you shooting the messenger? You acted completely irrational and successfully harassed another human for no reason.

Thank you, you are definitely a credit to society. If only we had more blatantly rude and ignorant people like you.
that's how i feel, but worded better.

jupiter

Smash Apprentice
hahah, yeah, i did call him a noob.

I know there have been posts about this...but I just wanted to tell you guys that Toys R Us is on schedule and have it in their truck-load catalogs already scheduled 105 copies of Brawl for Tuesday, February 5th, 2008 @ 12:45pm (ish). dont' remember the exact time.

This thread was meant to reveal a little about how GameStop is like for those who aren't so familiar with how shady/corrupt they are.

Also, to share the Toys R Us info.

****also, the conversation typed in the original Post above isn't completely accurate as to what I told him...but pretty **** close. I have a horrible memory with people's names, but I have such good memory for conversations I have, details, and how things happen in what order when I re-tell the story. So trust me on my convo with this GameStop drone.

^_^ Hope this settles some worriers about the "delay" that keeps being thrown around. Pretty much a thread to end the "delay" threads.

Micahc

Smash Ace
...heh. yeah, okay, little one. Off to bed, now.
I love your sig. And yeah, don't trust it tell it comes from Nintendo, Gamestop may just be getting a delay in their shipment, the game should still be released on the 10th.

jupiter

Smash Apprentice

so i like to have fun with people's thoughts and emotions...so what? So I like to get into people's heads and mess with them.

Life is SOOO boring when you have to be "nice" and "polite" and "well-mannered" to everyone you see. It's fun to mess with people you'd probably never see.

If it's any consolation, I never get offended by what any one says, usually. They're just opinions and words. Boo hoo, whatever, I get over it. I'll probably never see that person again. And if I do, I find comfort in the fact that I'm completely happy with the kind of person I am, and I know I don't have to put up with people. So I don't.

If I were him (and I've been in his shoes PLENTY of times working at Toys R Us, Hollywood Video, and 2 different 5-star fancy schmancy restaurants with snooty, snobby, and up-tight rich people w/ bad attitudes), I wouldn't have put with with someone who was behaving like I was. He's like 29, he should know how to defend himself and just end the conversation.

Besides, he wasn't repeating what he was told...he said himself, "we get information directly from Nintendo." He was the manager of GameStop, for crying out loud...

Whatever dude...i don't care if I appeared arrogant and rude...I'm not, I just like to have fun and act like it once in a while. Keeps life interesting. Those who realize that they don't have to put up with it won't. And those who get hurt by it need to learn to feel good about themselves to the point that whatever any one says negatively about them or to them shouldn't phase them.

jupiter

Smash Apprentice

so i like to have fun with people's thoughts and emotions...so what? So I like to get into people's heads and mess with them.

Life is SOOO boring when you have to be "nice" and "polite" and "well-mannered" to everyone you see. It's fun to mess with people you'd probably never see.

If it's any consolation, I never get offended by what any one says, usually. They're just opinions and words. Boo hoo, whatever, I get over it. I'll probably never see that person again. And if I do, I find comfort in the fact that I'm completely happy with the kind of person I am, and I know I don't have to put up with people. So I don't.

If I were him (and I've been in his shoes PLENTY of times working at Toys R Us, Hollywood Video, and 2 different 5-star fancy schmancy restaurants with snooty, snobby, and up-tight rich people w/ bad attitudes), I wouldn't have put with with someone who was behaving like I was. He's like 29, he should know how to defend himself and just end the conversation.

Besides, he wasn't repeating what he was told...he said himself, "we get information directly from Nintendo." He was the manager of GameStop, for crying out loud...

Whatever dude...i don't care if I appeared arrogant and rude...I'm not, I just like to have fun and act like it once in a while. Keeps life interesting. Those who realize that they don't have to put up with it won't. And those who get hurt by it need to learn to feel good about themselves to the point that whatever any one says negatively about them or to them shouldn't phase them.

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
I highly doubt u said all that, if u did good for u.....oh BTW if by some chance ( i hope not ) Brawl gets delayed im gonna laugh my *** off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom