• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's Diamond Storm the ballot! Diancie support thread! (Long-shot SSB4 character)

ViridianViridi

Smash Cadet
NNID
UseFieryDance
3DS FC
2277-6687-2973

Diancie, the mythical Jewel Pokemon.

The heck is a "Diancie"?

Diancie, the Jewel Pokemon, is a mythical Fairy/Rock type Pokemon that made its debut in Pokemon X and Y; however, it wasn't available to the public until July of 2014 if you were lucky and/or lived in Japan, or in late October/Early November if you lived in NA/EUR. According to the Pokedex, Diancie is a mutated Carbink, and it can create thousands of diamonds instantly.

Why should this mutated rock fairy thing be Smash DLC?

While this Pokemon's chances are VERY slim, Diancie would make a fantastic Pokemon representative. With a semi-decent movepool and physical quirks (in this case being able to create diamonds and even diamond swords), she wouldn't be a Zelda clone. She could utilize her created blades in her smash attacks and her ability to create diamonds in her aerials and tilts, so she wouldn't be a generic sword user.

Objections:

1. But we have six Pokemon reps already!

While that is true, not only do we have 7 Mario reps already, this isn't counting the technical reps (Characters that originated in the Mario universe, but were separated into their own universes), which brings it up to 9 (11 if you count the Donkey Kong universe as a Mario one). While I understand that Mario is Nintendo's most famous franchise, Pokemon is also a very, very famous franchise, so 7 wouldn't hurt, right?

2. But Gen 6 would have more than one rep, that's not how it's supposed to go!

This argument is complete BS, as there are a whopping 4 Gen 1 Pokemon (or as I like to call them, Genwunner Pokemon), which makes for over HALF of the current Pokemon reps. While I agree Gens 3 and 5 could use some love, Gen 6 is the current and relevant generation, making Diancie an even more effective choice.

3. We already have a Fairy type!

True, we already have a Fairy in Jigglypuff. However, not only can we have more than 1 rep per type (as evidenced in Melee, which had Pikachu AND Pichu), Diancie is part Rock-type. Plus, Jigglypuff never uses a Fairy move in-game, not even with customs, and Diancie could use a Fairy move in her moveset.
Fanart:
None as of now.

Moveset:
My moveset:
Height: Just a little smaller than :4sonic:
Weight: Medium-Heavy, somewhere between :4yoshi:and:4myfriends:
Ground Speed: 1.3, shared with :4zelda:
Air Speed: 1.6, shared with :4marth:and :4lucina:
Jumps are a bit higher than :4charizard:'s.
[This is still a WIP, this is all I have done for now.]

Supporter list!
1: ViridianViridi ViridianViridi

(I know there WAS a locked support thread, but due to lack of information available at the time (it was freshly revealed), it was ultimately locked.)

Last edited:

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
I dunno, the mini- legendaries (that's my nickname for the event legendaries that are all tiny and cute) never seemed very Smashly, if you will. I love Diancie, but it feels like it's be better as a Pokeball, being that we already have Mew and Manaphy, two other mini-legendaries, as Pokeballs. Seems a bit suiting.

But that's just my opinion, I could see how this would work.

ViridianViridi

Smash Cadet
NNID
UseFieryDance
3DS FC
2277-6687-2973
I dunno, the mini- legendaries (that's my nickname for the event legendaries that are all tiny and cute) never seemed very Smashly, if you will. I love Diancie, but it feels like it's be better as a Pokeball, being that we already have Mew and Manaphy, two other mini-legendaries, as Pokeballs. Seems a bit suiting.

But that's just my opinion, I could see how this would work.
A. While Diancie doesn't have the greatest movepool of all time, she still has enough to work with to have a good SSB4 moveset. Maybe moving like Bowser Jr?

B. Manaphy, isn't a Pokeball Pokemon (Victini is though!), it's a stage hazard. Just figured I'd letcha know. ;)

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
A. While Diancie doesn't have the greatest movepool of all time, she still has enough to work with to have a good SSB4 moveset. Maybe moving like Bowser Jr?

B. Manaphy, isn't a Pokeball Pokemon (Victini is though!), it's a stage hazard. Just figured I'd letcha know. ;)
I was pretty sure it was. Maybe in Brawl? Either way, I could imagine the movement, and it'd probably be fairly heavy, but the actual moveset feelz like it'd be awkward. Still, anything is possible.

ViridianViridi

Smash Cadet
NNID
UseFieryDance
3DS FC
2277-6687-2973
I was pretty sure it was. Maybe in Brawl? Either way, I could imagine the movement, and it'd probably be fairly heavy, but the actual moveset feelz like it'd be awkward. Still, anything is possible.
I can see how one would make that mistake. I think Manaphy used Heart Swap and swapped your characters temporarily?

Top Bottom