• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lets be real, guys.

hamyojo

Smash Ace
Warning Received
Lets be real. Mewtwo is at least top 12. He has the third biggest wave dash in the game, the best dtilt in the entire game, a projectile, and amazing recovery, an air grab, and an expansive combo game with DJC's. Let alone his tail is a disjoint. He's extremely under rated and it's crazy that he's less developed than he is. It's really holding the game back. Mewtwo also has zero to deaths on Fox on FD with up throw combos. He's the answer to 20XX. 20M2 is coming, and it's going to take Melee by storm and likely re-balance the tier list. Mewtwo is just waiting for the right player.How many characters can truely beat WD back d-tilt? Falcon, maybe, if he spaces everything correctly. Mewtwo is just very strong of a character.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
There are a ton of under-rated characters in this game. The issue is: if a new player joins, he wants to win, so he's going to follow the tier list. And then morons joins and start flame wars, making the game unbearable for people who try something new. (A Kirby main warned me of this; I'd get bashed for playing Boozer) Yisssss... same issue with Smogon and their tiers, and with any competitive community. Whenever a dude try something new they get all butt hurt, and in the case of Smogon, they just ban the stuff.

I just don't know... disgusting maybe? just pick you favorite character and develop its metagame, lots of characters are left in the dust due to this. G&W has some amazing edge-guarding options and epic recovery, but he is hard to play, very hard to play. The tiers... they were once made by the easiest characters to use, and then their metagame became so developed, so superior than any character's that they just stayed at the top. And the gap is getting worse as the game gets more popular.

So yep~ Boozer is still the cutest.

mythbust4000

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OK this is why mew2 is low teir he never won anything lower mid teir = 1 good guy of him mid teir =scores good on locals lower high =place goodregionals mid high=wins regonals and high teir = wins majors

hamyojo

Smash Ace
There are a ton of under-rated characters in this game. The issue is: if a new player joins, he wants to win, so he's going to follow the tier list. And then morons joins and start flame wars, making the game unbearable for people who try something new. (A Kirby main warned me of this; I'd get bashed for playing Boozer) Yisssss... same issue with Smogon and their tiers, and with any competitive community. Whenever a dude try something new they get all butt hurt, and in the case of Smogon, they just ban the stuff.

I just don't know... disgusting maybe? just pick you favorite character and develop its metagame, lots of characters are left in the dust due to this. G&W has some amazing edge-guarding options and epic recovery, but he is hard to play, very hard to play. The tiers... they were once made by the easiest characters to use, and then their metagame became so developed, so superior than any character's that they just stayed at the top. And the gap is getting worse as the game gets more popular.

So yep~ Boozer is still the cutest.
The problem is that the community is too big. If it got smaller the game would develop more slowly, letting the low tier characters catch up as we all know they will.

Flippy Flippersen

Smash Journeyman
Wavedash alone doesn't make for good movement bg default. There is a reason luigi gets outclassed in neutral a lot by a lot of characters. Same goes for mewtwo, if your normal dash dance isn't good the wavedash alone won't make up for it. Against a lot of options from the top tiers he doesn't have counterplay due to his poor dash/oos I can accept that people say character x is underrated but arguing people sjould drop their tournament viable characters to boost mewtwos (or any other characters) tierplacing to 12 (which btw still isn't a viable character for anything but locals) seems rather silly. if you believe mewtwo is this good though feel free to become the next axe/amsa.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Lets be real. Mewtwo is at least top 12. He has the third biggest wave dash in the game, the best dtilt in the entire game, a projectile, and amazing recovery, an air grab, and an expansive combo game with DJC's. Let alone his tail is a disjoint. He's extremely under rated and it's crazy that he's less developed than he is. It's really holding the game back. Mewtwo also has zero to deaths on Fox on FD with up throw combos. He's the answer to 20XX. 20M2 is coming, and it's going to take Melee by storm and likely re-balance the tier list. Mewtwo is just waiting for the right player.How many characters can truely beat WD back d-tilt? Falcon, maybe, if he spaces everything correctly. Mewtwo is just very strong of a character.
I do actually agree. I have Mewtwo as one of my 2 mains (the other being Falco), and it's strange how much I like him. Grabbing with him can lead into some good combos, his tail can juggle a bit, and has the recovery of a god. The problem, at least for me, is having to approach as well as some other things. Also, just look at Smash's history:

People probably called Pikachu bad, and Axe gets top 8 with him in a tournament.

People called Yoshi bad, and aMSa gets top 5 at APEX 2015 with him.

I remember in the smash documentary that people were telling Ken that his main was bad, and nowadays Marth is considered one of the best characters in the game for many years and to come.

And other people have done great accomplishments with Green Ranger using DK, Shroomed with Dr. Mario (before becoming a Shiek main), and Duck with Samus.

However I'm only saying Mewtwo has a possibility to share the history above. I'll agree with others that he is rather low tier, but he does have a couple of aspects that make me at least try Mewtwo and what I can do with him.

Although, if we're talking about Mewtwo here, maybe this should've been in the Mewtwo threads, just sayin'.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Let's be real, Mewtwo has no shot of being a top 12 character. He has neat tools and a great recovery, sure, but that isn't enough to compete with characters in the top 8 at a high level.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Let's be real, Mewtwo has no shot of being a top 12 character. He has neat tools and a great recovery, sure, but that isn't enough to compete with characters in the top 8 at a high level.
Let's not forget that weird as hell forward throw that shoots projectiles for some reason

Varist

Smash Lord
warning received lmfao

mewtwo is too slow to win tournaments let alone beat a high tier with the matchup experience.
i would look at game and watch rising instead of mewtwo if i really wanted to speculate

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Yes my friends....warning received

The 20XX top tier only bias conspiracy is real, even the moderators are in their pocket.

Talk about Mewtwo or any low tier in any kind of positive light and you will be silenced. Try and evolve their meta and be smited. Accept :foxmelee: FOX :foxmelee: as your God now scrublets. TORYAA! *bleep blep bip bloop*

they fear the unknown and the rare MUs

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Yes my friends....warning received

The 20XX top tier only bias conspiracy is real, even the moderators are in their pocket.

Talk about Mewtwo or any low tier in any kind of positive light and you will be silenced. Try and evolve their meta and be smited. Accept :foxmelee: FOX :foxmelee: as your God now scrublets. TORYAA! *bleep blep bip bloop*

they fear the unknown and the rare MUs
No, it isn't bias, it's because Mewtwo simply isn't "at least top 12", and the post does nothing to really convince anybody that he is.
They never tried to evolve their meta in any way, they pretty much just said "He's good guys, trust me on this one".
There aren't any power hungry 20XX-worshipping mods on here trying to silence the low tier heroes, the low tier heroes are just being stupid.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008

still my favorite

No, it isn't bias, it's because Mewtwo simply isn't "at least top 12", and the post does nothing to really convince anybody that he is.
They never tried to evolve their meta in any way, they pretty much just said "He's good guys, trust me on this one".
There aren't any power hungry 20XX-worshipping mods on here trying to silence the low tier heroes, the low tier heroes are just being stupid.
Relax J$ it's a joke, that should be obvious.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Relax J$ it's a joke, that should be obvious.
I know I know, lmao, I guess I'm just trying to make a point because I've seen some dumb stuff on here before from low tier heroes.
And as a low tier player myself I don't want us to have a bad rep yaknow

hamyojo

Smash Ace
Mewtwo's down b is STRONGER than Shine. You can do ANYTHING out of it. You don't even have to wave cheat to do it!

Top Bottom