• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let the Big Name Pros Speak

MoldinMindz

Smash Cadet
First off, let me say that I'm an occasional tourney-goer, and I have been playing smash competitively since the smash 64 days. I've been going back and forth on my opinion of brawl like most of you on the boards have, but what I find really interesting is what some of the most well known melee players are saying about brawl.

***You would think that if brawl was indeed so horrible that EVERY elite melee player would be bashing and ONLY newcomers or super casual gamers would be embracing it. BUT THAT IS NOT THE CASE! ***

Just take a look around the boards.... off the top of my head I have remembered reading Azen, Ken, and Chillin defending brawl, saying how it's a good competitive game, etc... Whereas Mew2King and Gimpyfish are pretty upset with how brawl turned out. I think this thread would be interesting if ONLY the most well known melee players posted their true feelings on brawl here.

So.... POST! (No dumb posts from the new kids plz)

SiegKnight

Smash Journeyman
I'm new. but I wanna link to their posts. Just for the hell of it. do you have them?

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmIckQF4QG8

Azen said:
I like how everyone in the Top 10 except me and Chillin hate Brawl. They all got so depressed when they went to brawl tournies hoping to win money easily then getting ***** instead. The only reason they want to go back to Melee is so they can win cash again. I wonder why they got ***** in Brawl, maybe its cause Brawl is way more competitive than Melee was. They were too cocky to realize that their Top positions might be in danger, and now they make excuses saying Brawl is too easy and anyone can win. No Jones losers. Maybe they should actually start practicing instead of wishing their Melee skill carried over to Brawl. Brawl is already super competitive, it won't be easy for anyone to get to the Top, so many people are trying to get good now; you can't be cocky just cause you were pro in Melee. Its a new game, not Melee 2.0.

Eventually most of the anti-brawlers will die off like with the 64 crowd. lol, just look at how depressed Isai was when he couldn't win everything anymore in Melee like in 64, and he just eventually gave up and stopped trying. Yall losers can stay in the past with Melee and 64, but right now is the time of Brawl and a new generation of smashers will take your place.
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=516492&topic=42348055&page=6

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Clippy: It looks as though you are new here. Might I suggest dumbing your grammar down and spelling incorrectly?

As an actual answer to your question, GameFAQ's boards have more intelligent discussions between Melee pro's than SmashBoards does, unfortunately. That is, unless they have all of these conversation's in the back room without telling us. You'll have to claw your way through all of the post's from fanboy's going "wew Gimpy u rock let me suck your ****!" though.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
As an actual answer to your question, GameFAQ's boards have more intelligent discussions between Melee pro's than SmashBoards does, unfortunately. That is, unless they have all of these conversation's in the back room without telling us. You'll have to claw your way through all of the post's from fanboy's going "wew Gimpy u rock let me suck your ****!" though.
Sweet, that means I'm going to GameFAQs. Where I can troll with only getting a 3KL.

Those fanboy posts are the most fun ones though.

DragonBlade

Smash Journeyman
Typical Azen mind games, he doesn't want Brawl competitive scene ruined before it has a chance by all the negativity from Melee pro players, so he says what he needs to, which is respectable I suppose.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I've heard a lot of both sides from pros. I've heard some even say that they like Brawl and are retiring from Melee but they think Melee is a much better game. I think it's kind of hard to determine the pros' reasoning behind their decisions though. For all we know, the ones switching to Brawl might just be doing it to be where the money is.

Pi

Smash Hero
Hypocrite much? You may not be new to the game, but you are new to the boards hm? We've discussed these things before.

I don't see the point of getting competitive melee player's personal opinions on the matter. You've stated yourself that they vary from hating to loving brawl.

What exactly do you want their opinions on? Everything about the game has already been discussed, from it's speed to its tech skill, potential, mind games, future. All of it.

What good will come from hearing the same old crap over? Melee has no future, brawl does, like it or not there's nothing you can do about it.

Top Bottom